oats - how do you eat yours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oats - how do you eat yours?

just wanted some opinions as to different ways to eat oats - just normal plain oats

anyone?

I don't like to add a lot of stuff but I basically just add cinamon, splenda, honey(sometimes), my favorite though is mixing in frozen fruit like rapsberries or peaches with some cinnamon and splenda.

Comment

dry with a little splenda and cinnamon.
      weight training and nutrition are two very simple endeavors. In fact, they are both primal instincts we are born with. Too many people are making this stuff way too complicated. Keep it simple and basic. It works every time. Hard work and consistency always pay big dividends. -exmgq

building bigger better athletes.
      www.xconditioning.com

Comment

splenda and cinnamon. or recently walden farms has a calorie free carmel sauce that makes oatmeal actually very sweet and tasty

Comment

Originally posted by thenatural View Post
          dry with a little splenda and cinnamon.
          This is gonna be a stupid question...

When you say dry, do you mean not cooked, or just plain?

Thanks

Comment

I've been eating them raw for a long time now. I grind them on the blender (8-10oz at a time), add some flavored whey, add cold water and mix it on the highest setting. If I drink it fast it all goes down smoothly. I use "quick oats" because they are easier to grind into tiny pieces.

Comment

2 minutes in the micro and sprinkled with stevia....
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

In the morning, blended up in hot water for 1 minute. Then add frozen strawberries and stevia and blend until smooth. Very yummy.

Post workout: instant organic oats blended with protein powder 20 minutes after some waxy maize & creatine.
                "Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

- Aristotle

Comment

intriguing

dry with splenda and cinnamon sounds good for on the move

Comment

Puit egg whites in a non-stick pan spread my oats around and then sprinkle crystal-lite over it!!! Yummmm!

Comment

Cooked in micro with water until soft then add in a can or two of tuna.
                      Or mixed dry with tuna and raw eggs and then cooked into patties.
                      Or mixed with water and cooked with chocolate Egg protien added in after for a nice hot chocolate pudding type of thing. Haven't done the pudding for a while but I've not had chocolate egg protein either - - that may be why!

Sal

Comment

In the micro with water, tip any leftover water out and chuck in a pot of low fat yoghurt.

Comment

Cooked in microwave. Add Splenda and protein powder. Put in freezer for about 20 minutes. Tastes almost like a dessert. Top is starting to freeze but the inside is still warm. Well maybe only on a contest diet it tastes like dessert.
                          2010 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 5th place
                          2009 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class 3rd place
                          2009 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 4th place
                          2008 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
                          2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
                          2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
                          2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/EBA84/

Comment

wow , i gotta try that . i have been doing the oats with protein powder and cinnamon and blueberries . i probably add some vanilla ice cream on top of that

wake
                            to save as much money as possible on all your orders from www.TrueProtein.com
                            type AXW999 in the discountcode box

2008 NPC South Florida Bodybuilding Heavyweight Champion

Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by EBA84 View Post
                              Cooked in microwave. Add Splenda and protein powder. Put in freezer for about 20 minutes. Tastes almost like a dessert. Top is starting to freeze but the inside is still warm. Well maybe only on a contest diet it tastes like dessert.
                              Very creative. I might give that a go before I cut out my sweeteners next week.

I usually just grind mine in shakes. Once in a while I get ambitious and try to make a homemade protein bar. I try to not use peanut butter or any heavy fats so its good for a Pro/Carb meal. This tends to make it challenging.
                              2008 DC Journal
                              Use the code ECH436 at the checkout www.TrueProtein.com and save

Comment

Working...
                              X