No announcement yet.

oats - how do you eat yours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coffee mug of oats with a sprinkling of cinamon, handful of raisins, 10 egg whites . mix with 1/2 cup water or milk{if off season} till a runny mass. spray nonstick pan with olive oil and pour in till 1 large pizza.. cut a few apple slices on top with cinamon, put in oven at 160 degrees for 15-20 mins..pop on great b/building dvd and yr black coffee... and enjoy...Best breakfast...!!

Comment

Pumkin oatmeal is delicious - oats, canned pumkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sweetner....gives you that holiday spice flavour...

Comment

precontest:
        - oats
        - splenda
        - cinnamon
        - sea salt
        - walden farms maple syrup

offseason
        - oats
        - berries
        - coconut oil
        - splenda
        - sea salt

or

- oats
        - cinnamon raison PB http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/cinnamonrasinswirl.html
        - raisins
        - cinnamon
        - splenda
        - sea salt

or

- oats
        - maple PB http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/index.p...ghtymaple.html
        - cinnamon
        - sea salt
        - walden farms maple syrup
        CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
        MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
        2010 NGA Pro Universe
        2010 NPC Monster Mash
        2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
        2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
        2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
        2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
        2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
        2008 NPC Ohio State
        2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Here, is how i make mine. It depends on the mood mainly and time. I usually cooke them in the microwave and toss in some splenda or cinammon. I sometimes add in splends and frozen fruit also. Here is one that i got from another forum.

Version 1
          mix 1/2 cup oatmeal
          1/4 cup water
          1 Tbsp splenda
          now shape it like a cookie and microwave it for 4 mins then let it sit for like 2mins. once its pretty firm put 2 Tbsp peanut butter on top and enjoy with milk or protien shake

You could add some shredded coconut and reduce the water and add some brewed coffee to it also there are many variations to it.

Comment

I always eat 3/4 to 1 cup of oats with 1.5 cups of some form of milk, usually skim because it hits my macros. That's my base. What I do after depends on what I'm trying to accomplish, macros-wise.

Sometimes I just eat it plain with milk, and it tastes fantastic. I must have a lot of amylase in my saliva because the stuff tastes really sweet to me.

Last fall, I would add honey, splenda, and a couple tablespoons of pumpkin to it, and that was delicious as well.

Sometimes I add a scoop of cinna-bun flavored protein to it. That's the bomb right there.

Nowadays, I douse it with honey and add a scoop of protein to it, usually vanilla (natural chocolate mixes in too thin with oatmeal, tastes worse than plain oatmeal). Sometimes if I'm lazy, I'll dump my fruitbowl into it as well (mixture of black-, rasp-, and blueberries).

Comment

I like mine with banana, peanut butter, milk, and splenda jelly.
              "Where the mind goes the body follows." -Arnold

Comment

Microwave it plain, throw in some cinnamon and some Walden Farm's Blueberry dip/jelly while the oatmeal is still hot. Mix it all up and it'd delicious!
                Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Cheat meal- oats(x amount), milk (enough that there is few centimeters over oats)
                  put in microvawe for 90 sec on 500
                  then add 1 tablespoon of honey.
                  So so tasty.
                  U can also add vanilla or choco protein powder.

Comment

Raw.
                    with yogurt, honey and peanut butter.
                    Originally posted by thsfootball
                    Stressing about what's catabolic- catabolic

Comment

i just mix it up in a protein shaker, sometimes add protein and chug it down

Comment

For contest prep its usually Bobs Redmill oat bran for me, 1/4 cup of Waldens pancake syrup, 1oz raisins (or prunes), sprinkle of cinnamon on top....

Also have made this into pancakes. Using the food processor to grind up the oats, add in egg whites and a splash of water, soooooo good...

Comment

am i the only bum who justs throws water on it raw and pretends it is rice, and throws chicken or eggs or etc veggies on top and eat??

i had a mental block on how nasty that would be but it really is pretty much the same tastewise as any other carb source like rice. as long as you dont add sugar and stuff.

Comment

Breakfast I eat them blended with whey, blueberries natty PB and skimmed milk! PPWO I eat them mixed with a little whey and egg whites, with a little almond butter.

Comment

oats
                              peanut butter
                              strawberries (frozen)
                              cinnamon
                              walden farms strawberry syrup

Add water to oats along with PB and frozen strawberries. Cook in microwave 2-3 minutes, depending on amount of oats and water. Mash strawberries into oatmeal and stir to evenly distribute the PB and strawberries. Add a dash of cinnamon and walden farms strawberry syrup. Stir.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                              2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                              2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                              2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                              2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Just found this web site through another site http://www.myoatmeal.com/ come off season, I'm might have to give this a try!!
                                "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                                2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                                2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                                2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                                2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                                2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                                X