Skipload in the Evening?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipload in the Evening?

I know I've seen the answer somewhere else but can't find it. Is there any reason to not start my skipload after say 4 pm?

The load should start early in the day so that your metabolism can benefit from the surge of calories and as the load gets longer, you don't have problems getting it all done in one day.

Skip
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

What about if you practise IF and don't eat til midday?

I'm about to start skip loading but I'm going to start with a shorter feeding window (3 hours or one big buffet cheat meal) and see how I respond.

If I start loading from 3-6pm is this ok considering the shorter window? Or 3-9pm if I need to extend the feed down the line.

Thanks!

Comment

Either way will work.

Skip
        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

thanks for the reply skip. first week done with a 1kilo drop in weight.

Weirdly, I dropped weight after my loading day and then went above baseline by half a kilo! I attribute this to including fattier foods at the start of the load (chinese food... duck and rice, deep fried squid lol). More of a shitload really.

This week I'll extend to load an hour or two and eat less fat/more carbs.

One question though, I don't know what to do on my fourth training day..

I like to train 4 days per week, usually fortitude training or an upper lower split, but I'm moving over to a high volume push pull legs split to aid recovery and see what lower frequency does for me. I'll do push on Sunday the day after loading, pull on Tuesday and legs on Wednesday. Thursday is rest and friday was going to be conditioning (barbell complexes), abs and HiiT (Wingate's).

What would you do on the Friday? Or is my setup gtg? Thanks bud, thank you for your time. All the way from London, England!

Comment

It is more likely that the drop in weight the day after the load is related more to a lower intake of water in the load day. This happens a lot because people focus more on getting the food in for the load and then don't have "room" for as much water as they are accustomed to on any other regular diet day. Almost anytime there is a drop in weight the day after a Skipload and then the weight goes higher the following day, this is the cause the large majority of the time.

If you baseline in only a few days after the load and you are hydrated, increase the load the following week.

With that training split, you are hitting upper body on Monday and Tuesday and then not again until the following Monday so you have a couple other options to consider that might be better:

1. Split the upper body up by putting legs in the middle. EG: push or pull and then legs and then push or pull.

2. You could add a 4th workout to the week by simply repeating the 1st workout of the week so that you are on a rotation that changes every week. EG:
            push
            legs
            pull
            push
            weekend
            legs
            pull
            push
            legs
            weekend
            pull
            push
            legs
            pull
            weekend
            etc..

If your conditioning work later in the week with barbell complexes is enough to get a pump and work the upper body muscles, then your current layout might be good to go. I can't know how much effort you are using with the current conditioning day right now later in the week.

Skip
            www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

And if you don't mind, I am going to move this thread to the other forum that is specifically for the TRTbodybuilding/Longevity2 DVD as this current forum is for the first Longevity DVD.

Skip
              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much for the detailed reply skip, much appreciated!

Comment

You are welcome!

Skip
                  www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Working...
                  X