Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger Battle

Whilst I know you are a burger expert Skip
    The vid (one of my fav parts of the DVD admittedly)
    We need an updated burger review!

2021 Burger Review with Skip
    Team Skip Athlete

Originally posted by Triple Joe View Post
    Whilst I know you are a burger expert Skip
    The vid (one of my fav parts of the DVD admittedly)
    We need an updated burger review!

2021 Burger Review with Skip
    Ha!
    Denver was a much better burger town than the area of South Florida. However, I am still actively looking for great burgers.

In fact, Denver is so good that if one of our daughters wasn't getting married and graduating from nursing school this fall, we would have flown back to Denver for the Burger Battle in August. Roughly 20 of the best burgers in Denver battle for the top spot and bragging rights.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Ha!
      Denver was a much better burger town than the area of South Florida. However, I am still actively looking for great burgers.

In fact, Denver is so good that if one of our daughters wasn't getting married and graduating from nursing school this fall, we would have flown back to Denver for the Burger Battle in August. Roughly 20 of the best burgers in Denver battle for the top spot and bragging rights.

Skip
      What’s your top 5 list for best burgers of all time!
      go!
      Team Skip Athlete

Comment

Also congrats to your daughter! ❤️
        Team Skip Athlete

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Joe View Post
          Also congrats to your daughter! ❤️
          Thank you!

My top 5 burgers of all time:

1. I don't recall the name of the burger but it was the only burger they had on the menu. It was a bistro in Denver -- not a burger place -- that had a burger that was literally dripping with duck confit. Normally, if you pick up a juicy burger, some burger juices will drip off the burger. It was duck confit and it was the best burger I have ever had in my life. I hated that they went out of business. Until I left Colorado, I kept looking for that chef to open another restaurant and he never did (in Denver, anyway).

2. The Shroom Luva burger at Highland Tap and Burger (the original HTB -- they have a handful of them in Denver, now) and it has foie gras on it. I am not usually a mushroom burger fan, but this one won the Burger Battle in Denver roughly 10 years ago and thankfully, you can still get it at any HTB in Denver.

3. The Truffle Shuffle at TAB Burger Bar. This one was in the video and it also won the Burger Battle around 2015-ish. This one is still available, as well.

4. The Cherry Cricket Burger because it is probably the best burger cooked on charcoal that I've ever had. They don't have a list of burgers; you simply choose from the list of available items on the burger menu and build your own. I always get the same thing (for years):
          grilled pineapple ring
          pepper jack cheese
          bacon
          peanut butter

It may not sound great, but I've yet to take someone there and have them not love this burger. I think I ordered this in the video, as well.

5. Philco Diner in Columbus Ohio. I was in Columbus for the Arnold in 2019 and I always do my research when I travel. I found this place and was not disappointed. It was EXCELLENT.

It is hard to narrow down my list of great burgers because I have eaten more burgers from different places than a LOT of people out there.

If you were to ask me for my favorite FRANCHISE burgers, it would be in this order:
          1. Shake Shack and it isn't even close.
          2. Smashburger
          3. 5 Guys

There are too many burgers that I have had that should get honorable mentions, including Crave Burger; Bob's Atomic Burger in Golden, Colorado; The Skippy Burger at Billy's Tavern in Denver; and Corky's Drive In in Allegan, Michigan. The latter has the best greasy burger of all time.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thank you!

My top 5 burgers of all time:

1. I don't recall the name of the burger but it was the only burger they had on the menu. It was a bistro in Denver -- not a burger place -- that had a burger that was literally dripping with duck confit. Normally, if you pick up a juicy burger, some burger juices will drip off the burger. It was duck confit and it was the best burger I have ever had in my life. I hated that they went out of business. Until I left Colorado, I kept looking for that chef to open another restaurant and he never did (in Denver, anyway).

2. The Shroom Luva burger at Highland Tap and Burger (the original HTB -- they have a handful of them in Denver, now) and it has foie gras on it. I am not usually a mushroom burger fan, but this one won the Burger Battle in Denver roughly 10 years ago and thankfully, you can still get it at any HTB in Denver.

3. The Truffle Shuffle at TAB Burger Bar. This one was in the video and it also won the Burger Battle around 2015-ish. This one is still available, as well.

4. The Cherry Cricket Burger because it is probably the best burger cooked on charcoal that I've ever had. They don't have a list of burgers; you simply choose from the list of available items on the burger menu and build your own. I always get the same thing (for years):
            grilled pineapple ring
            pepper jack cheese
            bacon
            peanut butter

It may not sound great, but I've yet to take someone there and have them not love this burger. I think I ordered this in the video, as well.

5. Philco Diner in Columbus Ohio. I was in Columbus for the Arnold in 2019 and I always do my research when I travel. I found this place and was not disappointed. It was EXCELLENT.

It is hard to narrow down my list of great burgers because I have eaten more burgers from different places than a LOT of people out there.

If you were to ask me for my favorite FRANCHISE burgers, it would be in this order:
            1. Shake Shack and it isn't even close.
            2. Smashburger
            3. 5 Guys

There are too many burgers that I have had that should get honorable mentions, including Crave Burger; Bob's Atomic Burger in Golden, Colorado; The Skippy Burger at Billy's Tavern in Denver; and Corky's Drive In in Allegan, Michigan. The latter has the best greasy burger of all time.

Skip
            This is amazing
            I think food review and cooking segments are needed from you Skip
            Team Skip Athlete

Comment

lol

Skip

Comment

Skip, you ever had In-n-Out?

Some of those burgers you listed will be hard to beat....or actual burgers made from scratch. I love a good burgher!

"Me, I can't usually get them 'cause my girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian. I do love the taste of a good burger. Mmm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France?

Comment

Your wife is vegetarian? That sucks. You need a girlfriend, too, then -- one that likes burgers.

I am not a big fan of In and Out. It isn't "bad," but it isn't anything that I would go back and get again. If I was forced to only eat a burger from a burger chain, it would be Shake Shack forever. Their burgers are freakin' incredible for a chain.

I am not sure what they call a quarter pounder in France, no.

Skip

Comment

Your wife is vegetarian? That sucks. You need a girlfriend, too, then -- one that likes burgers.

I am not a big fan of In and Out. It isn't "bad," but it isn't anything that I would go back and get again. If I was forced to only eat a burger from a burger chain, it would be Shake Shack forever. Their burgers are freakin' incredible for a chain.

I am not sure what they call a quarter pounder in France, no.

Skip
                    Haha...I thought you missed the Pulp Fiction line at first, but ya didn't disappoint

Yea man, those homemade style burgers in restaurants and BBQ places you can't beat. There are some really creative places out there these days. I love me some in-n-out, but it really just depends on what mood i'm in.

...haha....a Royale with cheese

Comment

lol

Skip

Comment

Working...
                      X