Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio - needed? How much is enough?

Hey Skip,

In one of your posts for elitefts you have written, that you did not much (if any) cardio for some time.

I am interested in your recommendation for healthy individuals...with bodyfat level under control.
    I
    If ​​I train a high volume training intense for 3-4 days a week...and most of the time rest is between 60 and 90 sec between sets, the need for cardio training should not be that important for health benefits...or am I wrong here? The heart rate should be elevated for 45-60 min minimum during the training session.

And of course, activr lifestyle counts...am I walking with my dog etc etc.

But maybe you have a simple opinion to share on this topic. Would be much appreciated.

​​​​​​If I missed the information in your videos, sorry.

Regards
    sly
    Last edited by Barrow; 05-23-2019, 08:21 AM.

Sorry, I missed this post last week! Good to hear from you, though!

I ended up cutting the cardio chapter from the TRT DVD because it was nothing I hadn't said before.

Honestly, cardio is never "bad" but I don't see it being a huge benefit if you are training frequently with weights and keeping up a pretty good pace while doing so. Now, if you were completely sedentary outside of your weight training, yeah, I would say that it might be more beneficial than if you are relatively active.

I hate cardio so there's that.

Skip

Originally posted by Barrow View Post
    Hey Skip,

In one of your posts for elitefts you have written, that you did not much (if any) cardio for some time.

I am interested in your recommendation for healthy individuals...with bodyfat level under control.
    I
    If ​​I train a high volume training intense for 3-4 days a week...and most of the time rest is between 60 and 90 sec between sets, the need for cardio training should not be that important for health benefits...or am I wrong here? The heart rate should be elevated for 45-60 min minimum during the training session.

And of course, activr lifestyle counts...am I walking with my dog etc etc.

But maybe you have a simple opinion to share on this topic. Would be much appreciated.

​​​​​​If I missed the information in your videos, sorry.

Regards
    sly
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply, Skip. Much appreciated.

You pretty underline my thoughts.

...and of course I hate cardio as well.

Comment

I try to do a least a mile a day.

Comment

Working...
        X