Training/transformation Vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training/transformation Vids

I've trained nearly my whole life. A former fire fighter, I joined the Army after 9/11 and I've been flying helicopters ever since. After a rough deployment, a failed marriage, and an overseas assignment, I found myself at rock bottom...the smallest and most out of shape I've ever been. I was drinking too much, trying to cope with PTSD and depression that was then undiagnosed by self medicating.

Once I hit stateside again I vowed to change myself for the better...I got my issues in check and looked around the area for a new gym to call home. Just so happens I was stationed in Arlington, TX. Just so happens its home to the Original Metroflex Gym. Pretty easy to get your ass in gear when Ronnie Coleman is watching your ass from across the room.

I got myself a trainer there and got my ass in gear. I did my first show as physique in May, and after getting told by every single judge there I was too big for physique, I have since hired Skip to bring me up to bodybuilder level. I am giving myself a year to add mass and then cut before I do my next show. Shooting for Oct/Nov of 2015.

I made a huge change this year...I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the next year will bring me. Thanks for checking in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_T71F7YGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzR8JdGfGY
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

* Thomas Jefferson

Good luck brother.

If it makes u feel any better I have also had a failed marriage and sometimes things happen for a reason and mine was for the best.

Cant wait to see pics of your progress.

Keep it ip

Comment

Thanks bro. I'm back up to around 285 now, thanks to a diet plan from Skip. The gym work is the easy part at this point...its the massive quantities of food that are the challenge!
      I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Aug 15th: 261lbs

Aug 15th.jpg

Sep 15th: 288lbs

photo 4.JPG

Hoping the clean bulk continues like this!!! Not too bad for a month's work!

Using DC training regime and Skip's diet and supp advice.
        armyguy99
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        Last edited by armyguy99; 09-15-2014, 01:15 PM.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Dude, you're 288 with abszzzzz! Nice job. You will look huge when you lean up.
          Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
            Dude, you're 288 with abszzzzz! Nice job. You will look huge when you lean up.
            Thanks buddy, not planning to cut for another 10 months or so. I am really hoping to get up to AT LEAST 260 stage weight. Until then, I'll just keep eating an grotesque amout of clean healthy food.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Looking great man!
              Any tips on helping down grotesque amounts of clean food? I'm having trouble eating enough right now.
              What's your favorite carb source?
              I'm about to start blending chicken breast and rice and just drinking that until i puke lol.
              :preach:

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                Looking great man!
                Any tips on helping down grotesque amounts of clean food? I'm having trouble eating enough right now.
                What's your favorite carb source?
                I'm about to start blending chicken breast and rice and just drinking that until i puke lol.

I have a meat grinder at the house...huge cast iron manual operated thing that I use to grind up various critters I kill. Deer and hogs mostly. I recently started buy chicken breasts for less than 2.00/lb. There are two plates in my meat grinder, I use the bigger of the two, figuring its closer to the size it would be if I were to have to actually chew it up from the natural form. The plates are roughly 3/8in and 1/8in. The cooked product is about the size of that disgusting sausage they put on frozen pizza.

Yesterday I cooked up 15lbs of trimmed ground chicken and 20lbs of sweet potato. Brown rice bloats me something terrible, I stay away from it.

So now, I eat 20oz of that mixture 3-4 times a day. That is in addition to my post workout meal and two to three shakes a day. I'm a helicopter pilot so whole foods can be difficult for me to consume on the fly (literally).

Also, its interesting what you can do with just a simple addition of fat source and some spices. I use the healthy choice omega 3 butter, olive oil OR coconut oil. It changes the flavor enough with the addition of sweet or savory spices that you dont want to puke after you eat it 30 times in a week. The omega 3 butter is made from fish, olive and flax oils. I am currently getting more fat and carbs than I have in years, in fear I'd get fat as hell (which is my family history and genetics.) However, the fat I get is from "healthy fat" (coconut oil may be debatable) and I trim the hell out of the chicken and then replace it with the macros I need. The carbs I get are 90% low GI.

I think the key to all of this is keeping insulin levels low, which in turn keep GH levels high. The only time I do simple carbs on a regular basis is both pre and post workouts.

However, I am military, and I dont mind this, its just easier for me to cook 35lbs of whole food on sunday and choke it down all week. I am still doing a few "cheat meals" per week, but even my cheat meals are pretty clean right now.

Not saying its the best way, but its working for the moment.

Oh yeah, and as for tips for choking it down...I dont have any. In my humble opinion, this diet is harder than my cutting diet. I feel like I'm ready to pop from being so damn full ALL. DAY. LONG. Like post Thanksgiving day dinner full. Thanks for that SKIP!

I looked into having meal prep done for me here in Dallas. It was 500 bucks a week. Maybe if I was the Rock, or a pro athlete. I train at the same gym as some former Dallas Cowboys...they all do that, lucky bastards.
                armyguy99
                Intense Muscle Competitor
                Last edited by armyguy99; 09-15-2014, 09:47 PM.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

How tall are you, man?
                  My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

I feel you man, I feel like puking all day every day. I'm only at 230 pounds though, not even close to 280 yet. How do you cook your sweet potatoes? Mash them? And if you mash them do you just ballpark the carb quantity per potatoe?

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                      How tall are you, man?
                      6'2" bud

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I feel you man, I feel like puking all day every day. I'm only at 230 pounds though, not even close to 280 yet. How do you cook your sweet potatoes? Mash them? And if you mash them do you just ballpark the carb quantity per potatoe?

I microwave my sweet potato. I then mash them up and weigh out 12oz, which is about 60g carbs. I add in 8oz ground chicken for about 60-70g protein. I then add in 2tblspoons of a healthy fat source. I stir this all up and when finished it kind of resembles a healthy version of corned beef hash. I eat 20oz of this 3-4 times a day, in addition to a ton of other shit.

I can change the flavor profile pretty easy with the addition of taco season packets, the type of healthy fat I choose, cinnomon and honey, etc etc.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That's genius thank you! (Don't know if ill be able to handle the chicken in there like that, but definitely start doing the sweet potatoes.)

Comment

That's genius thank you! (Don't know if ill be able to handle the chicken in there like that, but definitely start doing the sweet potatoes.)
                            I grind the chicken. you should try it. if you don't have a grinder, try it with ground turkey, instead. I use chicken because its at least 1/2 price compared to turkey.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Skip,

I have access to some guys who do tons of editing for wrestling (wwe style) and will be seeing them Saturday. If you want I can ask them if they can help ya out here. If this was photography I could be helpful, but video not so much.

I am a fan of Sony's video editor though. That thing is a BEAST.

J
                              "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X