This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BSG interview was incredible man.

Your transparency is going to help a lot of people in similar situations. Hopefully things are working out well from a labs perspective. S

Comment

• Thank you.

I feel pretty good, physically, right now. I was back in the gym today and doing cardio and back on my diet and hydrated (yes, that was a lot of "ands").

I am doing labs on Friday so that I can get a good read of whether my kidney numbers are good or not. They would have been shit last week so doing labs at that point I feel would have been pointless. If the numbers are bad after dropping all of the water, training and eating clean again (and fully hydrated), then I know I have a big problem.
      I anticipate that they likely will not be bad, though, and that this was more an issue of overworking myself than it is gear related but we shall see.

Skip

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post
      The BSG interview was incredible man.

Your transparency is going to help a lot of people in similar situations. Hopefully things are working out well from a labs perspective. S
      [url]www.TEAMSKIP.com[/url]

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
      Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: IntenseMuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: [url]www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend[/url]

Comment

• Thank you very much for supportive words, my friend.
        They are much appreciated.

Skip

Originally posted by doug1 View Post
        I just got done listening. I admire and respect you. I've always said that "bodybuilding makes a shitty spouse." lol
        You're not married to it, and you have a great wife and family, take comfort in that. There is nothing that needs to be proven to anyone, including yourself. I TOTALLY understand the struggle of realizing that we are on the downside. Love ya brother!

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: [url]www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend[/url]

Comment

• My latest EliteFTS.com Coach Log:

[url]https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-logs/update-on-my-death-spiral/[/url]

Skip

Comment

• Hey Skip, I just finished listening to your new BS&G podcast where you talk about why you've pulled out of your prep. Sorry to hear you had to do that! I get it, though. Definitely.

I found IM years ago and it blew my mind. The quality of the info here and the collective intellect was just astounding. I read your articles, I listened to every episode of PED Radio, and I've listened to every BS&G. Some episodes more than once! I've asked some questions and received some very helpful, frequently hilarious (remember ripping on that guy for not being more "pacific"? That was me!), answers, and I know I'll be tuning in every second Thursday for as long as you guys are putting it out.

My point is that I'm sure you're probably feeling kinda down about it all, but if you feel in any way like you've let down your fans (i.e. guys like me who read your articles, listen to your podcasts etc.)? Not even slightly. You've already done too much for us to ever repay, and we thank you for it.

Besides, if something were to happen to you, what would we do? Listen to Palumbo? Eeewwww...

Keep on keeping on, Skip.

Comment

• lol

Thank you very much for the supportive and, pacifically, the very kind words!

Skip

Originally posted by robertscott View Post
              Hey Skip, I just finished listening to your new BS&G podcast where you talk about why you've pulled out of your prep. Sorry to hear you had to do that! I get it, though. Definitely.

I found IM years ago and it blew my mind. The quality of the info here and the collective intellect was just astounding. I read your articles, I listened to every episode of PED Radio, and I've listened to every BS&G. Some episodes more than once! I've asked some questions and received some very helpful, frequently hilarious (remember ripping on that guy for not being more "pacific"? That was me!), answers, and I know I'll be tuning in every second Thursday for as long as you guys are putting it out.

My point is that I'm sure you're probably feeling kinda down about it all, but if you feel in any way like you've let down your fans (i.e. guys like me who read your articles, listen to your podcasts etc.)? Not even slightly. You've already done too much for us to ever repay, and we thank you for it.

Besides, if something were to happen to you, what would we do? Listen to Palumbo? Eeewwww...

Keep on keeping on, Skip.

Comment

• Great podcast today, one of my favorites! I can relate to how you felt in the "wrong" neighborhood! It was fun hearing from your wife also.
                You get back into the gym yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by doug1 View Post
                  Great podcast today, one of my favorites! I can relate to how you felt in the "wrong" neighborhood! It was fun hearing from your wife also.
                  You get back into the gym yet?
                  We leave for NYC in 2 weeks for our anniversary (25th) and we will finally be back the day after we return.

Glad you liked the podcast!

Skip

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

We leave for NYC in 2 weeks for our anniversary (25th) and we will finally be back the day after we return.

Glad you liked the podcast!

Skip
                    Congrats on 25 years coming up! Hope you guys have fun.
                    My 25th is in March, I guess I gotta save my coins and do something special too.
                    Ok sounds good on the training.

Comment

• I just read your latest article on Elite, someone actually took the time to tell you that you have no passion for bodybuilding? Wtf!? Why would someone else give a shit what you do when it comes to training?
                      I totally share your view about social media, hardly worth the hassle. As a husband, father of 2 adults now, and just having plenty of interests besides bodybuilding, I can completely understand what you are saying. There is only so much time in a day, we have to be choosy about what we do. If that means not having our life revolve around ourselves and bodybuilding, then that is actually a good thing. Have a good weekend.

Comment

• I am going to be changing over to a new journal for this next phase. I am not going to compete in 2019 (or attempt to, I guess) but I am going to make this my first official "off season" in almost 10 years where I actually am going to push for some growth. I have stayed away from doing this for years because I want to be in condition all of the time but I am going to try to be above TRT and above maintenance calories for the first time in a while. I will still stay in decent condition but try to grow, as well.

First, I need to get into shape again so I will be taking pictures this weekend to contrast against pics in 3 months at the end of December to show that I actually can get into shitty condition. Most people think I am lean all of the time so I am going to prove that this isn't the case and that it takes a lot of effort for me to stay lean.

I am giving myself 3 months to get lean before going into full on off season mode but if I can get lean sooner than that, I will shift gears sooner, as well.

My plan is to prep for shows in 2020 when I turn 50. I think my "problems" are fixable if I can just not drive myself into the ground during prep.

I appreciate those of you who follow my journals so check out my new one starting Monday.

Skip

Comment

• I wish you all the best brother in this coming season! I know I give you crap about being in the game for a long time but age is just a number and you’ve proven time and again you can bring it. I have no doubt you will do that now. I think 2020 may bring you that Pro Card after all!
                          - Roy

Comment

Working...
                          X