• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken Skip Hill
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Heckman
    Are you or will you be keeping your refeed day fat intake minimal or will it matter or even make a difference? Will burgers be fair game?
    Good question.

I am starting with basically a "carb heavy" Skipload. That just means that I can still have fat but I want the foods/meals to be carb heavy. EG: I won't eat BBQ or ribs but I will not have any problem having a good burger and fries. Beau Jos pizza will be on the menu, as well, at least for now. As the prep progresses that may well change but for now, this is the plan.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Joe Jeffery
      • Jan 2017

Subbed! The TRT only element is interesting! I guess you won't get the physique benefits of supra-physiological levels of certain AAS but at least you will avoid the dropping of test and spike in cortisol seen in natty guys. In for the ride mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
        Admin
        • Feb 2004

My end of the week update on EliteFTS.com:

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
          Admin
          • Feb 2004

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017

Weight at the end of this last week was 226 and thing are rolling along quite well. I have not made any diet or cardio changes as of yet for myself or for Mrs. Skip because things are progressing so well.

We are both only on 5 sessions of cardio at this point for 30 minutes and rarely am I hungry. She says she hates eating so she isn't hungry, either.

On Skipload days it's not even all that great to get the added carbs/calories. Though I am depleted by the Skipload day, it isn't anything over the top, at all. Dosing the SCGS compound twice during the Skipload for now.

Strength is holding quite well, too. I am right near the top of my strength numbers from the off season. Melissa is going up on everything, using weights she has never used before. Now, that doesn't mean she is doing 80 pound dumbbell presses and squatting 225 but her numbers are improving weekly and higher than I have ever seen them.

My oldest daughter and our middle daughter (24 and 18 years old) have started working out together at the same time Mrs. Skip and I train so this should be cool to see them more, even if it's just in the gym. Hopefully, they stick with it.

Rest day tomorrow to get more work done and get the driveway plowed.

Skip

Comment

• v1hyp
            Intense Muscle Competitor
            • Aug 2008

Great Work Skip, Keep it up!! I do so enjoy tagging along or this ride...
            "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
            2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
            2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
            2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
            2002 NPC Western Carolina:
            2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
              Admin
              • Feb 2004

Skip is prepping for a summer show after relocating to Florida. This prep already includes more pancakes and burgers than any normal person dares to consume, and yet he is proving week after week that it works like it has for years. Follow his unorthodox, outside-of-the-box methods as he almost effortlessly drops body fat week in and week out.

Skip

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                Admin
                • Feb 2004

Wednesday, January 25th, 2017

Not baselined yet (Wednesday) but this week seems to be going very well so far. I am having some increases in strength and can only chalk this up to the change in mindset for prepping where I have psychologically stepped it up a notch in the gym.

No real aches and pains outside of an odd wrist issue on my right arm that for some reason is only an issue benching - not dumbbell pressing or anything else. Had to use wrist wraps to bench for the first time in years. Thankfully, I have extra gear in my gym bag just in case.

I will post about it tomorrow on social media but my hips and shins are killing me due to a little issue between myself and my 18 year old daughter. She was so "shocked" when she saw me doing close grip push ups the other day to finish off triceps and stated with sincerity that she didn't know I could do push ups? WTF? I was like, "you've seen me bench, right?" She shrugged when I asked her if I could manage a pull up, too. Little bitch.

Somehow we got to the point of running as a topic and she asked when the last time I ran was and I told her about 4 years ago while coaching Tate's (my son) baseball team. However, I let her know I could beat her in a race if she ever wanted to try.

Probably not the best move.

After training I went onto the basketball court and decided that my cardio this night was going to be sprint intervals ... for the first time in ... a long time.

I did sprint intervals for 25 minutes doing a full court sprint and a full court brisk walk. I actually felt pretty good but admittedly was smart enough to go at about 70%. My heart was holding up; my quad tendons, hips and shins are feeling it the last two days. They don't hurt but they are sore in a way that only an old man who hasn't run in years would know.

I am going to practice my sprints for a few weeks building up to a closer to 100% effort and then take my chances to see if I can at least hang with her in a race. Beating her is my goal but ... I am almost 47 and she is an avid hiker, rock climber and sarcastic bitch so the deck might be stacked against me.

We shall see.

You know, because blowing a hamstring is a brilliant idea a month into prep, right?

Skip

Comment

• DC_catholic315
                  Light-heavyweight Member
                  • Oct 2011

Lol
                  Very entertaining
                  I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                  I too like to live dangerously

Comment

• Heckman
                    • Feb 2004

Can we expect to see the big race on video? or PPV?....lol
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

• GuidryG
                      • Aug 2016

What's the odds on this? Might need to make a trip to Vegas.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                        Admin
                        • Feb 2004

Odds aren't good ... for me. I think I have gone from "kicking her ass" to "being able to hang and not embarrass myself". lol

I will video it, for sure. Whether I post it or not is yet to be determined.

Skip

Comment

• szority
                          • Mar 2015

Will you be posting a nutrition journal for this prep? I remember John Meadows posting somewhere that he didn't feel AAS have as much of an effect on the metabolism as say GH or thyroid hormone. Are you using any GH this prep? Also, how has your metabolism been compared to previous preps where you utilized higher amounts of AAS?

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                            Admin
                            • Feb 2004

I won't be detailing the diet down to specific numbers here, no. I may do that in the updates on the DVD, though, for this prep. That won't start for another month or so, though.

I am only using MK - no gh. I don't feel that aas has as much of an impact on metabolism, either, but it does for the look of the final product. However, the more muscle you have the better the final package looks. That sounds obvious but my point is that if I get to the same weight I was when I competed in the past and was gassed, I am obviously not going to look the same this time. I would have to weigh less to get into or close to the same condition. Still, I likely won't have the "pop" that my muscles/physique had while gassed, either. It's hard to explain but it is going to be hard to get as "hard" as I was while gassed but on trt this time.

Right now, metabolically I am in a great spot but it has only been 4 weeks so I have no good idea of how I am going to respond in another 2 or 3 months. Check back and I'll let you know.

Skip

Comment

• szority
                              • Mar 2015

I'm also trying to get into condition using only about 210mg of test prop a week and MK. I love MK, especially when considering the cost of it compared to the shit chinese generic GH available today. My concern with MK is the insulin resistance which can be brought on. I don't have access to metformin, so I've used 1000mg berberine a day with good results. Do you feel the insulin resistance which MK can bring on would be an issue for fat loss at a certain point, or isn't something to worry about considering you're in a caloric deficit and constantly depleting glycogen?

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                                Admin
                                • Feb 2004

I really don't see MK as any different than gh on blood sugar levels/insulin resistance. I have never had issues (personally) getting lean on gh so I anticipate no issues with MK though I admit that I have not monitored my blood sugar levels, either. I have really had no reason to simply because at least to this point during my prep, I am dropping body fat with very little effort.

Skip

Comment

Working...