X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until I Collapse ('14,'15 Journal)

Real quick initial entry:

This journal will cover everything from start to finish for the Till I Collapse DVD. That means the "pre" off season which I just started this week and will involve taking my weight up slowly with low test levels so that my blood can finish stabilizing in normal ranges, through 2015 for an intensive off season looking for as much growth as possible after not pushing for any growth for about 8 years now, and into 2016 where I will prep for a show and compete at 46.

The point of the journal and the DVD is to provide detailed and specific information to others that are over 40 and still getting it done any way they can while avoiding injuries or dodging chronic ones, dealing with an aging metabolism, aging joints, etc.. I will also be posting a lot of daily information about the progress of the DVD, what is going on outside of bodybuilding with the family to show how I balance my family responsibilities for my kids and my wife and still get everything done that I need to get done for me, at the same time.

This is going to be long but I plan on it being entertaining and providing a lot of information here, in addition to the finished product: Till I Collapse - the sequel to Longevity.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Awesome, a 3 year journal! Looking forward to the this journal Skip! Kill it my friend.

Comment

Here we go...

Go get it bro.!

Best of luck.

Comment

This will be informative since I am older as well as entertaining too!!

Comment

In for this Skip! ☺
          Team Skip Athlete

Comment

This will be good.

Comment

Just a quick overview of the first week back in the gym and back on track:

Weight is up and I am softer - shocker. Not too bad, though, and it did come down a bit this week after being back to cleaner eating and training. I am likely going to be at about 216 ish this weekend before I take Sunday and eat what I want. Lately, I have been having a lot less carbs and experimenting more with higher fats and protein so having more burgers, ribs, BBQ, etc.. This has been for probably the last 3 months and I like it - at least for now. I will likely continue this into the fall and see how it goes.

I am training only 3 days a week, still, and I like it. I was going to bump to 4 but I am going to wait to see how it goes because now that I have added some calories and carbs, my energy and strength is in a good spot.

The split:
              M - chest, side and front delts, triceps
              W - back, rear delts, lower back and abs
              F - biceps, calves, quads and hams

I am still stretching on M and W and then a light stretch before starting quads on Fridays. This seems to be working very well as I have had no issues with my back and my last back episode that was bad will be 2 years in January so about a year and a half. I had a small "pop" last November but I stopped the session and there was no pain and I missed no training and had no lingering issues. Since then, nothing. Knock on wood.

My diet is 5 to 6 meals a day with more calories and now carbs, too. I have about 3 meals with carbs including the post-workout meal. I use rice, oats and fruit and plain unsweetened greek yogurt with fruit for carbs. I also have added coconut oil to 2 meals. I have very little vegetables but I feel the fruit and oats and rice are doing well for me right now.

My hormone levels are 125mg test a week. I did not drop to zero after much thought. I was more concerned with injury than anything else. It wasn't about "getting small" or anything like that. With the added calories my strength is now higher than it was while on higher doses earlier in the year (though not very high, relatively speaking) and about 90% of what my strength was on much higher dosages for 9 months in 2013. I am actually quite surprised by this but happy at the same time. Initially, it appears I may grow quite well even with very low dosing as long as my calories are high enough to support more growth and recovery.

Stress is low and everything is good at home with the kids and Sissy. Just really happy to be back in the groove and back into a comfortable rhythm, though I admit we had a lot of fun this year from Sturgis to the wedding and riding our Harleys here in Colorado all Summer. Hopefully there are still a few rides left this year.

I will get back to detailing my workouts and I plan to get a Vblog up early next week. I would have done one today but I don't tape any video if any of the kids are here, home from school. It never fails that they have a question that simply cannot wait. I do have a brand new, top of the line camcorder that I am absolutely in love with and look forward to using. I bought it for the taping of the DVD and it is freakin' awesome. And it better be for the freakin' price. I will do my first video with it for the Vblog next week.

I have softball games for my daughter tomorrow, baseball games for my son tomorrow, meeting a very cool client and his wife on Sunday night for excellent ribs and Sissy and I should have fun Saturday night, as usual. I hope you all have a great weekend!

I have to get Sissy in here more as she did say she would commit to getting in here but ... we all know how that goes.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Just curious skip, whats the reason for putting biceps on your leg day? Instead of the typical push/pull/leg split you usually do.

Is it to hit them when there fresh and you are trying to get them to grow since your triceps are in a good spot?

Comment

get Sissy posting! (I know she's busy )
                  interesting as always to follow your blogs - looking forward to the read
                  "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                  ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Herculeus View Post
                    Just curious skip, whats the reason for putting biceps on your leg day? Instead of the typical push/pull/leg split you usually do.

Is it to hit them when there fresh and you are trying to get them to grow since your triceps are in a good spot?

My workouts are about as long as they can be with this 3 day split so I can't do them after chest, delts and tris and after back and rear delts and lower back, it ain't happening, either. I can't even get them to flex after back. After legs isn't possible due to being exhausted - especially when I train legs later in the week so the only real option without going to 4 days is doing them right before legs.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by bankerbabe75 View Post
                      get Sissy posting! (I know she's busy )
                      interesting as always to follow your blogs - looking forward to the read
                      I will tell her that you want her to. That might work better than me telling her I want her to.

Skip

Comment

Any cardio at this point, Mr Skip?

Good luck, will be following.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnyrunt View Post
                          Any cardio at this point, Mr Skip?

Good luck, will be following.
                          Fuck cardio.

Errr, I mean, "no". I am not doing cardio.

I can't say that I won't add it in, especially as my weight starts to climb but it would likely only be post-workout. I am not going to start doing fasted cardio with no show in sight.

Also, I didn't touch on this in the last post about my training but I am training only 3 days a week but I am likely going to mess around with doing this every 3 to 4 weeks:

Typical workout schedule:

Mon - chest, f and s delts, triceps
                          Wed - back, r delts, lower back, abs
                          Fri - biceps and legs

After 2 or 3 weeks of this, add in a week like this:

M - same (chest, f and s delts, triceps)
                          T - same (back, r delts, lower back, abs)
                          W - biceps and legs
                          Th - chest, f and s delts
                          Fri - back, r delts,

I am going to try it to see how it feels and whether recovery is an issue but I am going to do this only every 2 or 3 or even 4 weeks. I am doing this because I want to get an idea of whether I can do this when I start amping everything up again for my off season after the 1st of the year by doing this almost every other week.

ADD:
                          It is really important for my current clients to read what I do in this journal and understand that what I do here is not for them. It is not for them (you) because your plan is already set up for YOU. I am doing things here and explaining them so that when you read this journal you understand why it is I am trying the things that I am. I don't "try" things on my clients, I try them on me and see how they work. When I do things that my clients aren't doing, I have no real idea how they will work - I am basically guessing and taking a chance as to whether it will blow up in my face or not. I am doing what I think is best for me. I have trained for 30 years, I am older, I have done gear for many, many years, I have injuries - some of them chronic, so I make these points to help show you that I am not you and you are not me. I just want to get that in there so that everyone knows this. I am certainly more than fine with explaining why I am doing something or trying something so if you want to ask questions as to the whys or hows or whatever, i am all for that but do it here in this thread, not in our client threads please.

Skip

Comment

Good to see you back rolling Skip. So have you tightend up your Skipload ( not Skipload approved btw ) as in keeping your duration down and only on Sundays now?

Comment

Nice subscribed
                              [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                              Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Working...
                              X