Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skip's World 2014 (and a little bit of Sissy too)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip's World 2014 (and a little bit of Sissy too)

This journal/blog is going to detail my year of training, nutrition and supplementation but also things involving the filming of the sequel to the Longevity DVD, as well. 2014 will be an entire year of off season before I prep for a show in 2015 and the Longevity 2 DVD will detail the entire off season and the contest prep as I chase more size at 44 years old and compete at 45 in what I plan to be my best condition to date.

I am also going to do a lot of video blogs. I want to see how much interest there is in this and hopefully it will be well-received. I will still lay out in text my training notes, nutrition stuff, etc., I will post all of the videos to my TEAMSKIP youtube channel and then link them here to my journal/blog here on IntenseMuscle.com.

Sissy has already committed to playing an active roll here in the blog/journal including some of the video blogs. I will do as many video blogs as I can and plan on committing to at least 1 video blog per week in addition to my text journal notes.

I am looking forward to this year and I hope everyone enjoys the journal/blog.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Monday, January 6th, 2014

Weight: 224

Trained at Armbrust tonight as my son started indoor baseball practice and the facility is very close to APG so Sissy and I plan to train at Armbrust just like we did last year on Mondays during Tate's baseball season.

Hadn't trained for 3 weeks due to some blood pressure and blood test issues that I received before the Holidays and just decided to de-stress over the Holidays before and after our family vacation. I will get into the details of this much more in a few days when I have more time to explain it in detail.

Trained chest, side delts and abs tonight and did 20 minutes on the stair stepper.

Chest - flat dumbbell presses for 3 sets, incline hammer press for 3 sets, 3 sets of machine flyes and 2 sets of FLEX chest press machine

Side delts - 4 sets of dumbbell side laterals and 3 sets of cable side laterals

Abs - 4 sets of weight crunches and 4 sets of rope crunches

Everything is feeling good due to the 3 week lay off. My back has been feeling great and my joints are well-rested. I was careful today to not go too heavy but I still hit it as hard as I could and had a great session.

I hit 2 meals prior to training and then 3 post training. I am back to working very late and sleeping late due to my work load at this time of the year. I get a lot more work done when the house is quiet late at night.

1/6/14 Video Blog from tonight: http://youtu.be/SyZhQEUCUkY

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I think the combination of text + vlogs are an excellent format. Atleast I'm excited.

Comment

Thank you for doing this Skip, your blog is the first thing I check out when sitting down with my coffee in the morning and I dig the vlog format.

Comment

I will be watching these.

For any bodybuilder I think it is a smart thing to buy personal blood pressure gauge. Nowadays those aren´t too expensive.

Comment

This is awesome. I have been away from this site for way too long and am very happy to be back. Glad to see this skip and i cant wait to see more of these. God Bless you with your health my man.

Comment

Looking forward to following this blog and seeing the transition over the next year+!

Comment

You are my hero. I hope you find the time to keep up with the Video blogs.

Comment

Subed
                  [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                  Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

I hope all is well with your health Skip sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihaanator View Post
                      I will be watching these.

For any bodybuilder I think it is a smart thing to buy personal blood pressure gauge. Nowadays those aren´t too expensive.
                      GREAT point. I am a consumer reports kind of guy so I researched the monitors and actually found out that the wrist monitors (the good ones) actually are incredibly accurate these days (they didn't used to be). I just got the one that was rated really high by consumer reports and use it everyday.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                        You are my hero. I hope you find the time to keep up with the Video blogs.
                        I am absolutely committed to keeping them up. I set the expectation for myself at 1 a week but I purposely did that so that I KNEW I could keep up with that even if I was slammed busy. I actually anticipate being able to do at least 2 and maybe even 3 or more a week. It also builds my youtube channel and increases exposure and PR for the new DVD which is crucial for me.

Skip

Comment

I appreciate the support about my health. I will get into the details of everything in the next vblog in a day or two and lay it all out.

Skip

Comment

Awesome my friend! Will be checking this daily.
                            Hope all is well with your health bro. That's the number 1 thing there bro..

Comment

Skip, what is the name of the blood pressure monitor for the wrist? I'm thinking about getting one.

Looking forward to this journal.

Comment

Working...
                              X