• I'm Bringing Sexy Back (2012 log)

I hope I don't regret this.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Sub'd!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I need you to hurry up and get to peak week....I have a show in 11 days and need to copy everything down for my own use
        CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
        MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
        2010 NGA Pro Universe
        2010 NPC Monster Mash
        2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
        2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
        2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
        2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
        2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
        2008 NPC Ohio State
        2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Ok .... Where to start.

For those that don't know, I came off of a pretty bad lower back injury that I decided to let rest and recover last fall instead of train through. My back was recovered when I went back in the gym the first week of January after about 3 months or so of not training, at all. When I don't train, I don't eat much and when I do, it is whatever I want to eat. So, by the time the first of the year came around I was small, untrained and fat. Not my sexiest look, no.

After getting back to everything for January and February and half of March, I feel like I am "back" as far as muscle and strength and I look like a bodybuilder again. The issue now is I want to get into great condition for this year so I am looking to probably go to about .... 205-208. I love this look at this weight for me and it is relatively easy for me to maintain. I don't really struggle to maintain my condition until I get closer to my stage weight of about 198 ish.

I didn't compete last year and anyone that knows me knows that I usually get the itch every couple of years but that itch has faded quite a bit since about 09. I did compete in 2010 but it was just not my usual focus and I said I would never again compete unless I was 100% focused. These days it is tough because my business has grown so much that there are huge demands on me for that with time and stress and my kids are in a lot of sports so that is not going to take a back seat to me getting on stage one more time in my life. I coach baseball and I don't want to miss any of my son's games or my daughter's soccer games, etc.. I enjoy going to Horsetooth and chilling on the boat with my friends and family on the weekends over the summer so at least right now, getting on stage is not a priority.

My weight before my Skipload this last weekend was 218. I was 221 the week prior and so I did hit my goal weight for last week, dead on. I plan to hit 216 by this weekend's Skipload. We shall see.

I am waiting on MM.com to publish my training article but I am getting kind of tired of waiting so if it isn't up by the end of the month I will detail my new training protocol that I have REALLY been enjoying and it as been working very well. For now, I train 3 days a week on a rotation and I will get into that when the article comes out. I MAY go to 4 days only if my energy starts to really drag ass as the weeks go by and I get leaner.

I am not doing a ton of cardio but I am going to "cardio cycle" so I am only doing 20 minutes per day right now for the last 2 weeks and through this week. Then, I will ramp it up big time for 2 weeks before going back down for 3 weeks after that and repeat. This is due to supplementation and that is all I will say on that. There is a method to the madness, though.

You will find that as I list my foods or cals or however I do it, that I do not eat a lot of food or cals. In fact, I would bet that I am well below 99% of you reading this. My metabolism is way different now that I am getting older and not moving much during the day. Sitting at my desk at home has really slowed me down, big time. In starting my diet I was only at about 100g of carbs per day, if that. Even fat is limited, as well, at only around 40g of fat. I have very little wiggle room to lower cals as I get leaner so this is going to be a challenge as it has been every year that I get older with this shit. If it is anything like the past, though, there will come a point when I get to around 210-212 that I will actually need MORE calories like an extra meal and some added carbs. I have always worked like that. Right now, I only eat 5 meals per day. My strength is as high as ever and the only place I am not bigger is MAYBE my legs but this is due more from the back issues as they have limited my legs a little bit, I think. Others say no but I see it.

I am training for more volume right now than I usually do. Just a nice change of pace and taking at least a 4 or 5 days "cruise" every 4-6 weeks. My sessions usually take about 2 hours if I am training with Jimmy or about 1.5 if I am training with my wife. Jimmy can get a little slow with his IPOD and that type of shit. lol

Today is a non-training day after training chest, side delts and back yesterday. I think the total sets was around 30.

ADD: 218 prior to Skipload
          223 Monday morning
          220 this morning

Looking to baseline either Wednesday or Thursday.

I do all of my cardio first thing in the morning, have a meal and then go to the gym to train around 1pm right now. When I cardio cycle I will be doing cardio twice a day for 5 days a week.

My protein sources are very low in fat. Right now I am using ground turkey breast, egg whites and some fish like halibut or a tuna steak on occasion. Carbs are only from some oatmeal and black beans and I always have a low-fat pop tart postworkout with protein. Added fat is in the form of nuts or peanut butter a couple times a day along with some spray canola oil when I cook my eggs.

I also started using a lifting belt after about 12 years of not using one. I just feel like revisiting this is a good idea to see if it will help me or not. I figure I have had so many problems that it can't hurt to give it a shot. I went with a cloth one so that it could also work to keep my core warm after I warmed up and it seems to be working well, so far.

Yeah, I am rambling a little for the first day but wanted to get as much info to you as to what I plan to do.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Great stuff!

Sent from my DROIDX
            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Skip, I have been trying to find a good cloth belt. Do you mind sharing what you picked up?
              Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Great start Skip! Can't wait to read about your training.

Comment

Awesome Skip! Can't wait to read about your journey

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                  Team Skip Athlete

Comment

Excellent! You decided to start a log. Looks like the pros outweighed the cons.
                    I am subscribed and very much looking forward to following along and no doubt learning a lot.
                    My Log: Back to Basics

Comment

sub'd !

Comment

sub'd.

Comment

Looking forward to following this sexy log
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Grats on making such progress in so little time! One would think 3 months of not training or watching your diet(due to the injury) would take much longer to reverse.
                            Last edited by Arkbuilder; 03-20-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                              X