This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip's 2004 Diet Journal

Oh brother. I hope I don't regret this in a couple weeks when I am on very low carbs and pissed that I have to post before I fall my tired ass into bed every night. lol I can't complain too much because I enjoy it quite a bit or I wouldn't do it.

Hopefully, a few of you might find it informative but even if you don't, I hope you find it entertaining. I will post daily on my diet for the day and any points of concern that I might have, my mental perspective, opinions, thoughts, etc.. I might even bitch about my wife from time to time. Too bad she doesn't have a public forum to bitch about me..... Or does she? Hmmmm.....

Here goes.......

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

7 weeks out today....

7 weeks out today. I have been prepping for an additional 13 weeks so I will give you an overview of from the start of my prep until now. From here on in, I will detail everything on a daily basis. I am only posting on the diet end of things. I am not going to break down gear, ancilliaries, last week water manipulation, diuretics, other compounds, carb or shitloading, etc..

I started my prep at about 223 pounds with an unknown bodyfat read. Pretty lean by my usual standards as most of you know I like to go fat as hell in the offseason. However, after some minor (but potentially major) problems with my offseason last year, I have decided that I do not want to die any time soon so I am keeping my bodyfat under control these days - even in the offseason. I was tight with my diet in the offseason 6 days a week and then on Saturdays I would enjoy relatively healthy but tasty things like Noodles and Company, granola bars, fruit, Boston Market Chicken Breast Sandwiches, TONS of sushi, etc..
    Gains were just as good as when I would go fat as hell.

The prep has basically been a breeze so far. I have done cardio 5 times and had to stop it all together a few weeks ago due to dropping waaaay too much weight in that week. I had to push my carbs up several times over several days to stop the weight loss. I had switched up my clen dosing and schedule this year and I am almost certain that this is what the problem was related to during that week.

I was 218 at week 14 with bodyfat level of 11.9% via DEXA scan which, if you have seen my posts on the main board, are terribly accurate in relation to other methods of body comp. testing.

At week 8 I was 207-208 with bodyfat level 8.1% and had actually increased my lean body mass by just under 2.5 lbs.

So far, so good. I have not been hungry at all and have not felt that I am running on empty. Last year at this weight I was doing double cardio sessions and was about 1200 calories less per day that I am right now.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Sunday

First entry.
      Weight on Saturday morning, no food, etc., was 205. Now, due to my longer than usual day on Fridays, I tend to be extremely flat and depleted by Saturday morning. Usually, my high carb days are on Saturdays, too, for this reason. I expect to be about 196 dry weight, with no food in me on the morning of weigh ins so that I can still eat all day and push the water hard and still make the cut off by 6pm. I have done this time and time again without fail so I anticipate it working the same this time around. I will be MUCH harder and even leaner at this weight this year, though.

No training today as it is Sunday. I train Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays with ab/detail work on Saturdays and if doing cardio, I do it on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I use what I call the gauntlet on Fridays and sometimes Saturdays and double step it to hit my glutes hard. I use it less for the "cardio" aspect and more for high rep glute work. Yes, I get both benefits but it is hard to do more than 10 minutes of double stepping that damned thing.

I kept my weight stable all of last week on purpose. I felt like I was dropping too quickly for the past week or two and I have plenty of time so I backed off, upped my carbs all week and cruised. I enjoyed strong workouts and having my head straight. This week, I am dropping the carbs back and adding in some cardio to get a pound or two off by the end of the week.

Nutriotional plan for today:

Very basic -

Slept till noon as I work very late at night on the weekends.

2pm
      TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
      *10 oz. chicken breast
      cucumber, brocolli and mushrooms
      1 tsp. olive oil
      1 tsp. soy sauce

4:45pm
      TRUEPROTEIN TEAMSKIP blend for 75g of protein
      1/4 cup plain oatmeal
      1 tbsp. natural peanut butter

7:30pm
      TEAMSKIP Stir Fry

10:15pm
      1/4 cup plain oatmeal

1am
      TEAMSKIP Stir Fry

3:45am

Sleep at 4am.

I drink water like no one else. I am probably around 1 liter every hour, all day long after training. It is imperative that water is high while dieting and I have been very aware to keep it high throughout. I drink alot of crystal light or sugar free tang or sugar free kool aid all day as part of my fluid intake. I LOVE the peach tea that crystal light has.

Not many carbs today as I have brought them down a bit over the last couple days so that I wouldn't have this abrupt drop in carbs/calories coming into Monday for a week of lower carbs.
      I was around 225g carbs on Friday for my training day, about 125g yesterday for cardio and ab training and today was only about 50g or so. Remember, I did no training and no cardio today - nothing.

Leg day tomorrow.

Skip

Comment

Monday 5.10.04

Monday

Lordy. Got a little too motivated for legs today.

Bodyweight: 206
        A bit flat from lower carbs yesterday but, hey, I need a couple pounds this week, okay?

food intake for today:

10am
        meal 1
        5 eggs (1 yolk)
        coffee

TRAINED calves, quads and hams

2pm
        meal 2
        POSTWORKOUT MEAL
        75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
        2 packets of flavored oatmeal (cinnamon roll flavor - yum yum)
        1/4 cup plain oatmeal
        blended with ice

4pm
        meal 3
        1/2 cup plain oatmeal
        1.5 tbsp. natural peanut butter
        10 oz. fish

6:30pm
        meal 4
        TEAMSKIP Stir Fry

9pm
        meal 5
        75g TEAMSKIP blend TRUEPROTEIN

11:30pm
        meal 6
        10 oz. 96% lean ground beef
        fresh mushrooms (about 1/2 cup chopped)
        Frank's redhot on top of it all

2am

About 110g of carbs, give or take. I am feeling it big time. I was flat as hell tonight. It would be nice to have the weight down a bit by Wednesday and be able to keep my carbs constant at 110g on that day as I don't train on Wednesdays. I think it would help me to not feel so flat. I am not hungry - just a bit flat.

Skip

Comment

Tuesday 5.11.04

Tuesday

I knew it. Bodyweight: 204.3

Guess I get to bump the carbs up just a bit today. Not so bad, I suppose. Looked much tighter today and though I felt flat before training, I pumped up nicely, as usual.

9:30am
          meal 1
          5 eggs (1 yolk)
          coffee

TRAINED calves, chest and front delts

1pm
          meal 2
          POSTWORKOUT MEAL
          75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
          2 packets of flavored oatmeal (cinnamon roll flavor - yum yum)
          1/4 cup plain oatmeal
          blended with ice

3pm
          meal 3
          3/4 cup plain oatmeal
          10 oz. fish

5:30pm
          meal 4
          TEAMSKIP Stir Fry

6:30pm - CARDIO on stairmaster for 20 minutes

8pm
          meal 5
          1/4 cup plain oatmeal

11pm
          meal 6
          1/4 cup plain oatmeal

2am
          meal 7

Added only about 50g of carbs, total for the day. I don't train tomorrow but I do a little cardio so if my weight doesn't hold, I will go up a bit more tomorrow with the carbs. I already feel a little fuller but that could just be psychological.

Overall I feel pretty good even though I have been a bit edgy the last couple days. Things are starting to irritate me much easier.

I am planning on holding at 204 the rest of the week and have a high carb day on Saturday. I didn't have one last week as I had basically a maintenance week. Plus, I doubt I will be doing any cardio next week as I will be back on clen for 2 weeks. I can't do cardio while on clen this year or my bodyweight plummets and I can't get enough carbs in to slow it down. It is weird. Last year at this weight I was doing double cardio sessions and had about 800 less calories. Every year is different so don't think that because your prep went a certain way once, that it will go that way again.

Till tomorrow......

Skip

Comment

Wednesday 5.12.04

Wednesday

Bodyweight: 203.0 (dry weight - empty stomach)

I take a dry weight twice a week and it is almost exactly a pound difference so I consider my weight to be the same as it was yesterday, today.

I did not train today but I did want to get my 20 minutes of cardio in the a.m.. So I kept my carbs around 150g or so.

Food intake for the day:

10am
            CARDIO - 20 minutes

12noon
            meal 1
            TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

2:30pm
            meal 2
            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

5pm
            meal 3
            TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

8pm
            meal 4
            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

11pm
            meal 5
            TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

2am
            meal 6

The extra carbs without training today worked wonders on my condition. I got harder, tighter and obviously fuller as they day went on. It seemed the more water I drank, the fuller and tighter I got.

Will see what happens with weight in the a.m. and go from there.

Skip

Comment

Thursday 5.13.04

Thursday

Better day today.

Bodyweight held like I wanted it to: 203

This really is a bitch, though. I figured out that the stress of holding my weight is no more or less than the stress if I were behind and trying to catch up. I am anxious about weighing myself everyday. I am so lean for 6 weeks out that I can't afford to lose an extra half pound. It has me quite edgy. I really only have about 5, maybe 7 pounds to go as far as bodyfat. I don't think I will get so lean so early for future shows. Yeah, the prep has been terribly easy until this week and it still is relatively easy except for the stress of not wanting to lose weight too quickly. I am never hungry so that has made it easy, too. However, it seems much harder to hold my bodyweight than it is for me to drop it at 2 pounds a week as I go through my prep. I don't know. I guess I am rambling.

Anywho, here is the daily meals:

10am
              meal 1
              5 eggs (1 yolk)
              coffee

TRAIN (back, rear delts, traps)

1:30pm
              Postworkout drink
              meal 2
              75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
              2 packets of flavored oatmeal
              1/4 cup plain oatmeal
              blended with ice

3:30pm
              meal 3
              10 oz. fish
              1/2 cup oats

6pm
              meal 4
              TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
              1/4 cup plain oatmeal

8:30pm
              meal 5
              1/4 cup plain oatmeal

11:15pm
              meal 6
              green peppers and mushrooms

2am
              meal 7

Kept carbs about 150g today to hold weight as I didn't have cardio scheduled for today. Hopefully, I will have held by the a.m. tomorrow. I still don't know if I will go with a high carb day tomorrow as usual simply because I have bumped my carbs all week to keep my bodyweight stable after dropping almost 2 pounds coming off of last weekend. I am not flat at all - or don't feel flat, anyway. I don't look flat, either. I will have to see in the morning as there isn't a real good reason to have the high carb day if I am not feeling flat or depleted. My metabolism is fine and coming into this next week, if I need to drop my calories, I have plenty of room to do this after having my carbs up for this past week. Plus, I start clen for two weeks on Sunday so my calories are probably going to have to go up considerably or I will drop weight big time.

I will know in the morning what I am going to do. Right now, it is time to sleep.

Skip

Comment

Friday 5.14.04

Friday

NO NOTE TODAY

This will probably be my only NO ENTRY day for my prep. Things were all fucked around today and I would rather not get into personal issues in my journal.

Suffice to say that the day was a complete wash.

Skip

Comment

Saturday 5.15.04

Saturday

MUCH better day today. Head is straight and I have no plans to have another day like yesterday for quite a while.

No bodyweight today as I did cardio at home on the StairMaster instead of going to the gym due to my new weekend schedule with my weekend job.

I have to sleep from 9am - 3pm on Saturdays and 9am - 2pm on Sundays now as I work all night Friday and Saturday nights.

4:30pm CARDIO for 20 minutes on the Stairmaster

meal 1
                  TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                  1/2 cup plain oatmeal

meal 2
                  1/2 cup plain oatmeal

11:30pm
                  meal 3
                  TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                  1/2 cup plain oatmeal

2:30am
                  meal 4
                  1/2 cup plain oatmeal

5:30am
                  meal 5
                  TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                  1/2 cup plain oatmeal

8:30am
                  meal 6

Carbs were about 140g today to keep bodyweight stable again.

I plan to come into this next week with moderate or normal carb intake and then probably have to bump it up because of starting a two week cycle of clen tomorrow. Clen always make me drop weight quickly so I will adjust my carb intake up, to compensate and keep the weight from falling too quickly.

I have not had a high carb day in over 2 weeks simply because I have had to keep bumping my carbs up due to my weight wanting to fall too quickly. I feel incredibly full and tight so there is no real reason to take my carbs higher for a day.

I am looking for a bodyweight of about 201 (down from 203) by next weekend. This is a "dry" weight upon wake up in the morning with no food or water. I am going to be in incredible shape at that weight so I am excited for the week to get under way. I will also drop all cardio coming into this week because of adding the clen. If I keep doing cardio as I add the clen I will almost certainly be fighting double time to keep my weight from dipping too low. If it doesn't start dropping by about Tuesday, I may add back some cardio. We shall see.

I will re-evaluate at the end of the week to see just how much I still want to drop before the show. It is now 6 weeks out and I am almost too lean at this point. I need to be very careful or I am going to run the risk of losing muscle mass.

Skip

Comment

Sunday 5.16.04

Sunday

No bodyweight as I don't train or do cardio today. It is an entire rest day from everything on Sundays.

Woke at 3pm

4:30pm
                    Meal 1
                    TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                    1/2 cup plain oatmeal

7pm
                    Meal 2
                    1/2 cup plain oatmeal

9:30pm
                    Meal 3
                    TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                    1/2 cup plain oatmeal

12am
                    Meal 4
                    1/2 cup plain oatmeal

2:30am
                    Meal 5
                    TEAMSKIP Stir Fry

About 120g of carbs, give or take, today.

Started clen today so it will be interesting to watch what my weight does.

I will probably only be able to get in 5 meals on Sundays because I go to bed much earlier on Sunday nights to get back on my weekday schedule of getting up around 9am. I can't eat right when I get up on Sundays because I have to cook my food first. I just don't have the time to get ahead with cooking my meals on the weekend. There is never enough time.

Skip

Comment

Monday 5.17.04

Monday

Bodyweight: 202.4 (dry weight - empty stomach)

Got up late and was messed around a little because my wife was home from work due to getting a call from Michigan that her mother was taken to the emergency room early this morning.

11am
                      Meal 1
                      5 eggs (1 yolk)
                      coffee

12noon - TRAINED calves, quads, hams

2:45pm
                      postworkout meal
                      Meal 2
                      75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
                      2 packets of flavored oatmeal
                      1/4 cup plain oatmeal
                      blended with ice

5:15pm
                      Meal 3
                      1 cup plain oatmeal
                      10 oz. fish
                      *this meal was late as I usually eat it 2 hours after the PW meal. I was getting my new TV so it was worth it. hehe

7:45pm
                      Meal 4
                      TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                      1/2 cup plain oatmeal

10:15pm
                      Meal 5
                      1/2 cup plain oatmeal

12:45am
                      Meal 6
                      1/4 cup plain oatmeal

3:15am
                      Meal 7

Total carbs for today, about 200g.

I am already down 1 pound coming into the week so I am going to keep my carbs about the same - 200g - for the next couple days to make sure I don't drop again until about Wednesday or Thursday. I only need 1 more pound to be at the 201 mark, anyway.

I am very confident with my condition at this point. The vascularity in my legs today hasn't been seen since I was a middleweight about 15 years ago. lol Seriously, I anticipate being so well conditioned this year that it will make it look like I didn't know what I was doing last year.

Skip

Comment

Tuesday 5.18.04

Tuesday

Bodyweight: 200.4 (holy shit)

I told you the clen kicks my ass.

Will be taking my carbs up today quite a bit as I am almost 1 whole pound under the weight that I want for the end of the week. I cannot afford to drop any more this week.

10am
                        Meal 1
                        5 eggs (1 yolk)
                        coffee

11am
                        TRAIN - chest, front delts and soleus

Meal 2
                        Postworkout meal
                        75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
                        3 packets of flavored oatmeal
                        blended with ice

Meal 3
                        1 cup plain oatmeal
                        10 oz. fish

6pm
                        Meal 4
                        TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                        1 cup oatmeal

Meal 5
                        1 cup plain oatmeal

11pm
                        Meal 6
                        1 cup plain oatmeal

2am
                        Meal 7

Total carbs for the day: approximately 300g

It was a bitch getting this many carbs from oatmeal and all of the vegetables that I use in my stir fry and with my ground beef. Of course, it tastes great so I couldn't leave them out. Plus, today felt like an offseason day in that I was stuffed the entire day from eating. I am pushing close to a liter an hour of water from about the 10 week mark and I have to tell you - do NOT underestimate the importance of having your water intake high. I have had guys that as soon as they upped the volume of water, started to lean down without any changes to the diet.

I was tight as hell when I went to bed. It seems the more water I drink, the tighter and crisper I look.

I can only hope that my weight is stable tomorrow morning or I might have to add some Krispy Kremes and Sushi tomorrow. lol

Skip

Comment

Wednesday 5.19.04

Wednesday

Bodyweight: holding at 200.2

I had to add 300g of carbs yesterday to hold the weight and remember I am doing no cardio right now, either.

I decided to go with the same carb intake of 300g today, also, considering I am technically 1 pound under where I wanted to be at the end of the week. So, the diet looks just as it did yesterday - exactly the same with exactly the same times for each meal. The only thing that was different is this is usually a rest day but I have a bunch of shit on Thursday, all day, that I couldn't get out of so I switched today for Thursday. Hit back, rear delts and traps today.

10am
                          Meal 1
                          5 eggs (1 yolk)
                          coffee

11am
                          TRAIN - back, rear delts, traps

Meal 2
                          Postworkout meal
                          75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
                          blended with ice

Meal 3
                          1 cup plain oatmeal
                          10 oz. fish

6pm
                          Meal 4
                          TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                          1 cup oatmeal

Meal 5
                          1 cup plain oatmeal

11pm
                          Meal 6
                          1 cup plain oatmeal

2am
                          Meal 7

Total carbs for the day: approximately 300g

Skip

Comment

Thursday 5.20.04

Thursday

No bodyweight today. Took today off as I had to switch today with yesterday because of meetings all day for my dumbassed weekend job. It is times like this that I wonder why in the hell I stay there.
                            Short rant: I get my wife to take the day off to watch the kids so that I can attend this all day bullshit training that I have been through 7 times already. I stay up late last night cooking all of my food for today, get it all around and ready to go, switched my training days around (which I fucking hate doing), etc.. I get to the fucking meeting 12 minutes late and they won't let me in the training. Turned away 3 of us for being late.
                            Now, I was late. I take full responsibility for this so I couldn't bitch too much. Thing is, those God damned meetings NEVER start on time. I am usually the FIRST one there and they don't get going until 20 minutes later when everyone stops trickling in. I guess they decided to change things a bit. Now, I have to fucking go back in 2 weeks and do it again. Oh, I was not happy today.

Anyway, I kept my carbs at about 150g today figuring I didn't weigh myself, didn't train, etc.. I just wanted to stay stable for today until I can check my weight tomorrow morning and go from there.

7:45am
                            Meal 1
                            vegetables mixed in with Frank's Redhot
                            (all cooked in my wok)
                            1/2 cup oatmeal

10:15am
                            Meal 2
                            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

NAPPED 11am - 2:30pm ( I only slept for 4 hours last night because of staying up late to cook my food)

3pm
                            Meal 3
                            TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                            1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 4
                            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

8pm
                            Meal 5
                            TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                            1/2 cup oatmeal

10:30pm
                            Meal 6
                            1/2 cup plain oatmeal

1:15am
                            Meal 7
                            vegetables mixed in with Frank's Redhot
                            (all cooked in my wok)

Skip

Comment

Friday 5.21.04

Friday

Bodyweight: 199.3

Well, looks like it is back up on the carbs. I dropped them to 150g for one day and didn't train or do cardio and I still dropped weight. *sigh* I am looking sharper, though.

I got some good advice that I probably should have known, anyway, this morning. I need to just never mind the numbers and go strictly on condition. I am pushing for that freak look so I will just focus on that and I will be fine. If that means 2 more pounds or if that means 10 more pounds, that is fine.

Fridays are weird days as far as my schedule goes because I have to take a long nap later in the afternoon so that I can work until the next morning.

Total carbs for today are approximately 350g
                              I also have to have an extra meal on Fridays to cover the hours I am awake.

10am
                              meal 1
                              5 eggs (1 yolk)
                              coffee

11am
                              TRAIN - side delts, tris, bis (double step the gauntlet for 12 minutes for minor glute work)

1:45pm
                              Meal 2
                              Postworkout meal
                              75g of TRUEPROTEIN whey
                              blended with ice

3:45pm
                              Meal 3
                              1 cup plain oatmeal
                              10 oz. fish

4:30pm - 7pm NAP

8pm
                              Meal 4
                              10 oz. 96% lean ground beef cooked with vegetables
                              1 cup oatmeal

11pm
                              Meal 5
                              1 cup plain oatmeal

2am
                              Meal 6
                              TEAMSKIP Stir Fry
                              1 cup plain oatmeal

5am
                              Meal 7
                              vegetables cooked in it
                              1 cup plain oatmeal

8am
                              Meal 8

I will be forced to keep my carbs higher on Saturday and Sunday even though I don't train because at the rate I am going, I will drop weight again by Monday if I am not careful.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X