No announcement yet.

Diary Of An Old Man - 2020 Training Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip, I'm curious and I'm sure a lot of people following you are as well..

You talk about how much better your metablosim is now being older when its "Supposed" to be slower vs when you were younger and it's "Supposed" to be faster. What do you think has helped you obtain this faster metabolism/better nutrient partioning? Or could this be a good "Roundtable" topic?

Comment

Originally posted by 1MoreRep89 View Post

You talk about how much better your metablosim is now being older when its "Supposed" to be slower vs when you were younger and it's "Supposed" to be faster. What do you think has helped you obtain this faster metabolism/better nutrient partioning? Or could this be a good "Roundtable" topic?
      It could be a roundtable topic, for sure.

I detail what I did over the last 2 years in my elitefts coach logs. Basically, after I got really lean a couple of years ago after a hiatus from being burnt out on bodybuilding, I slowly built my metabolism by staying lean and adding calories incrementally over the next 1.5 years. The diet has to be meticulous -- structured much like a prep, so it isn't easy to do, but it most definitely can be done because I have not had my metabolism in this position since probably my late 20s.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by 1MoreRep89 View Post

I ended up writing an article for EliteFTS about building the metabolism. It will be out in about 2 weeks.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

June 30th, 2020

I am roughly 5 weeks out from the first show right now and then another 5 weeks after that for the second show (big show).

I hit 204 this morning and anticipate dropping down to as low as about 202-ish by the weekend. I am in my second cycle of training so I am pretty depleted right now and looking forward to loading again next weekend.

My hip is much better and continuing to improve but it still nags me and I am being careful not to irritate it. The more movement I do, the better, it seems. If I sit for long periods of time it starts hurting again. If I hit it with a dumbbell, it REALLY hurts. lol I am still unable to stretch prior to training legs and that is more a concern than anything else. I don't want to end up with a back injury due to the hip not allowing me to stretch, so I am being very careful.

The training is getting rough while depleted. However, at this point in the prep, it is supposed to be. Workouts are still good but fatigue and energy are very low the further I get away from the last skipload. In fact, I rarely get hungry, but the hunger is kicking up quite a bit. I still have 3 workouts to get through this week before loading and I just keep reminding myself that I am getting tighter by the minute. I love this part of the prep, so it isn't like I"m not enjoying it, I just am not a big fan of training while depleted. The hunger I can deal with.

Skip

Comment

I will be doing full videos for each meal of my 1.5 day skipload this weekend at 4 weeks out. I will detail the meals, how much food, etc.

I won't get this posted until probably Tuesday, though.

Skip

Comment

I've read this through 4 times now and I still can't find if you talked about what happened to your hip. Or what the stressful week entailed. I am living vicariously through you, help a brotha out!
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

lol

It's on social media -- my IG and my FB. I did a video on it, as well, on IG just today.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  lol

It's on social media -- my IG and my FB. I did a video on it, as well, on IG just today.

Skip
                  Yeah, I found you had an infection, but not wtf caused it.
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post

Yeah, I found you had an infection, but not wtf caused it.
                    With all due respect, what would cause an infection that bodybuilders to a few times a week?

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

With all due respect, what would cause an infection that bodybuilders to a few times a week?

Skip
                      I fail to see how violently masturbating in a tanning bed would cause an infection. At least, that's how I used the tanning beds when I was getting lean.
                      Last edited by Sammich; 07-15-2020, 10:27 PM.
                      kind of a douche

Comment

My latest coach log that explains how everything is going:

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...ing-this-week/

Skip

Comment

Working...
                        X