Diary Of An Old Man - 2020 Training Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post

Life throws us curve balls, Im glad you guys are OK. Again, all the best to her during those tough times. Unfortunately at this age (for me) they are happening more often these days.
    Aging sucks...
    Yes, it does. Thank you.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss Skip

Comment

Originally posted by vincinaty View Post
        I'm incredibly sorry for your loss Skip
        Thank you.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Hope all is better for Melissa. I know it has to be rough losing a parent. I dread those days

JR

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Originally posted by SadButTrue View Post
            Hope all is better for Melissa. I know it has to be rough losing a parent. I dread those days

JR
            Thank you.

Skip

Comment

I’m peanut butter and jealous of your “Lack there of Cardio” after my 9 Weeks of at least 75 minutes a day lmao...let’s hope my next preps, now that I’m on TEAM skip are slightly more efficient

Comment

Wednesday, March 18th, 2020

I apologize for not updating this for the last couple of weeks. With everything going on with the virus and clients' plans changing with shows and prep, I have been quite busy.

As of the first of March I switched from an IGF run to a cycle of clen. I am in my third week of clen right now and I have dropped from 227 to 221 and should break the 220 mark that I had set for myself to hit by the end of March, either tomorrow or Friday. Things are going very well right now and very much to plan. In fact, I would say that everything has been quite easy to this point and almost as if I am on cruise control. Obviously, it will get tougher but right now all is good.

I made the one change to my diet that I detail below in my coach logs (2 links below) and the changes were pretty subtle. In fact, I anticipated that I might need another change only a week later if the change wasn't aggressive enough but it definitely has been good so far.

At the same time that my weight has dropped and condition has improved considerably, my strength has actually gone up. I have this happen quite often in the first 8-12 weeks of a cutting phase and I credit my system with simply running more efficiently. In fact, back in my coach logs last year I noted several times that as I pushed my scale weight higher, I wasn't convinced that there were the equivalent strength gains that I had anticipated.

As you will see in the coach log links below, I detail how I was only doing my high-carb days about every 13 days but had to switch that to every 6 days about 2 weeks ago and then I finally had to have my first Skipload last Friday. Otherwise, I was going to be dropping scale weight too quickly and going flatter than I wanted to which was impacting my workouts a little more than I liked. After this first Skipload, I baselined in only 4 days. This is concerning because the plan was to only Skipload every 13 days and still high a high-carb day every 6 days, but I am not so sure that this schedule is going to work without me dropping weight too quickly. However, this is still the plan as I should hit a high-carb day on Friday and then Skipload again the following Thursday or Friday.

I used to prefer to Skipload the day before I start a heavy training cycle (5-day cycle) but the last Skipload I loaded on the first rest day instead of the second rest day (I rest for 2 full days before starting a heavy training cycle again) and I felt much better in the gym doing it this way. I will do this again to see if the same thing happens.

At this current pace, I should finish this month around 217-218, give or take. That would be great and put me a couple of weeks ahead of my goals for July.

Here are the links for the details of my last 2 coach logs on EliteFTS:

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...ly-looks-like/

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...ing-up-on-220/

Skip

Comment

Sunday, March 22nd, 2020

Gyms are all closed here in Florida but I still am able to train thanks to training the owner of the gym. However, I have to train at about 2am and as much as I enjoy training late like that and being the only person in the gym, I have to drive almost an hour one way to get there, too. I'm not bitching, though, because I am still able to bang workouts without having to improvise at home so I'm pretty happy.

I did fuck up with a newbie mistake this last week. As my last coach log indicates, I dropped quite quickly from my first Skipload (3 days to baseline) but then stayed at baseline for 5 days before doing a high-carb day. The only reason I even did the high-carb day was because I had made obvious visual changes even though the scale weight didn't drop below baseline. I was perplexed trying to figure out why I was stuck for 5 days and then it hit me:

I have never used steel-cut oats before this last week (ever). When I went to the store, they did not have any regular oats but they had a ton of steel-cut oats and figured I would give them a shot. I noted in my coach log that I REALLY like them because they taste so much better than regular oats. However, when I looked at the nutrition label when I bought them, I saw that the carbohydrate content was the same as regular oats. It took me 7 days to figure out that there is the same amount of carbs BUT... steel-cut oats as 1/2 the serving size of regular oats. LOL How is that for a fuck up?? Because I stayed with 1 cup of steel-cut oats due to having 1 cup of regular oats with 2 of my protein drinks each day, I was getting 100g of carbs instead of 50, per meal. That's about an extra 100g of carbs per day and 50g more on non-training days.

It was funny how I figured it out because I kept thinking while eating the steel-cut oats with my protein shakes, "damn this seems like a lot of food vs when I was eating regular oats." It then occurred to me that maybe the serving size was different.

It is.

Twice the carbs. LOL

I'm actually quite happy, now, because after taking in so many more carbs than I was supposed to, I was still baselined. Bitch is, I still need to get scale weight down so now that I have fixed the portion size, I anticipate this next week not having an issue breaking the 220 mark.

It is irritating that I made a newbie mistake.

Skip

Comment

Tuesday, March 24th

Just a quick note to point out that after I discovered the carb mistake and corrected it, I am down substantially to 217 with 221 being my baseline. Now, I also came off of anadrol after 6 weeks, too, so that plays into the weight a bit, as well. Still, the diet change with the carb correction also played into this, too.

I am actually hoping that I don't drop any more this week before I do another high-carb days on Thursday or Friday. I just don't want big drops like that in one week. Because this is the 2nd training cycle (heavy for first cycle of 5 days and then slightly lighter with higher reps for the second training cycle of 5 days), I usually take 2 days off instead of 1. I also tend to do my Skipload or my high-carb day on the 2nd day instead of the first. This time, if my weight is down more, I will do the load on the 1st day off, instead. If it drops much more, I MIGHT Skipload again but I would rather just go with a high-carb day and do another training cycle and THEN Skipload. I will do what I feel my body needs, though.

I am CLEARLY tighter. Very dry and waist is substantially smaller, too. The changes just in the last 3 days is crazy. I'm very happy with where I am right now. I also come off clen on Saturday, too.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      Tuesday, March 24th

Just a quick note to point out that after I discovered the carb mistake and corrected it, I am down substantially to 217 with 221 being my baseline. Now, I also came off of anadrol after 6 weeks, too, so that plays into the weight a bit, as well. Still, the diet change with the carb correction also played into this, too.

I am actually hoping that I don't drop any more this week before I do another high-carb days on Thursday or Friday. I just don't want big drops like that in one week. Because this is the 2nd training cycle (heavy for first cycle of 5 days and then slightly lighter with higher reps for the second training cycle of 5 days), I usually take 2 days off instead of 1. I also tend to do my Skipload or my high-carb day on the 2nd day instead of the first. This time, if my weight is down more, I will do the load on the 1st day off, instead. If it drops much more, I MIGHT Skipload again but I would rather just go with a high-carb day and do another training cycle and THEN Skipload. I will do what I feel my body needs, though.

I am CLEARLY tighter. Very dry and waist is substantially smaller, too. The changes just in the last 3 days is crazy. I'm very happy with where I am right now. I also come off clen on Saturday, too.

Skip
                      Glad to see you still getting after it Skip. I am too and we are definitely the lucky ones!!! How far do you plan on pushing down bodyfat and bodyweight? I wish I lived in FL would love to get a session with you Im way up in Mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Reilly View Post

Glad to see you still getting after it Skip. I am too and we are definitely the lucky ones!!! How far do you plan on pushing down bodyfat and bodyweight? I wish I lived in FL would love to get a session with you Im way up in Mass.
                        I am going to get so lean that flies land on my eyes.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

I am going to get so lean that flies land on my eyes.

Skip
                          bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                          X