• Should you train when you are sick?

http://www.elitefts.com/education/tr...ld-you-at-all/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Another interesting read Skip. I personally always find that unless I am absolutely bed-ridden, I always feel better after a workout no matter how crappy I feel, even if it's just a light circuit for blood flow or a quick pump, or just low intensity cardio. In fact at times when I've been sick but haven't been able to take time off work, I've made sure to go to the gym early morning before work so to use the adrenalin rush as a "pick me up" to get me through the day. I think it's the adrenalin, or the seratonin, or maybe all just in my head and I just feel better for doing SOMETHING rather than missing a workout completely. I don't know. And I'm not saying this is healthy either, I do realise that doing this may very well be causing more harm than good, but i guess you could say I'm a gym junkie and I need my fix!

Comment

I don't think your doing anyone any favors by going to the gym when you
      got a bug..my belief is any heavy exertion while your body is trying to fight something off is going to lower your immune system to whatever degree,i usually wait until at least the initial/worst stages of it have passed, and likely no longer contagious.

Comment

This ^ .

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

True, though if you are talking about a bug, it can be hard at times to determine at what stage it is that you are no longer contagious. If its any indication or not, I don't know, but I've never trained where I have had to keep stopping my workout to go throw up or shit. I wouldn't be foolish enough to do that, let alone risk pooing my pants in the squat rack. But I have still trained through stomach cramps and a queasy uncomfortable feeling stomach.

Comment

I get migraines. I know that this is different to being sick but....

In cases when they come on, where I want to stay in bed in a dark room and it hurts to open my eyes - I do a heavy ass workout and by about the 30 minute mark it is a dull headache and by the 1hr mark I am over it.

I often have to cut the first few sets short the pain/ pressure in my head is so and I keel over on all fours until the pain subsides but if I don't workout out it lasts for up to three days.

Edit - I train at home.
            "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
            Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
            'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
            ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
            X