• Bodybuilders Dying From Steroids?

http://www.elitefts.com/education/tr...oids-to-blame/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Skip,

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. Steroids much like any substance is a calculated risk. You SHOULD learn the risks before you decide to use such things. With this knowledge can often come safer usage. Those who choose to ignore what is best in favor of what is quickest, may often find that their shortcut puts them on a much shorter road.

If you are not willing to accept the risks, then don't get into it. It's really that simple.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Excellent point Godsmack.I remember after a competition (in the 80's), the head judge came up to me and said if you get the right training you could win the provincials(Canada), next year. When I asked my buddy who had won that year ,what do I need to do, he laid out a program that was about 6 drugs long. I decided after totaling the cost that a trophy or title just wasn't worth it. 30 yrs later who remembers who won that year? I've often wondered what my health would've been like today if I had gone down that road.

Comment

my question is how much of the heart issues is possibly caused by the low Test levels post cycle as opposed to the raised test levels on cycle? you obviously have other drugs that come into play like winstrol etc

Comment

Good read, actually good lesson on life in general. Most activities hold some inherent risk some substantially more than others which ones you choose to engage in is up to you....your best friend is information.
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Oh ya i have a cool avatar....
            '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
            17 AAU Super Total
            '16-AAU Hi
            '15-USPA Metro
            '15-USPA State
            '15-AAU HI
            '14-AAU HI
            '14-USPA Metro
            '14-WABDL Sonny's
            '14-USPA State
            '14-HI Strongman
            '13-USPA
            '13-WABDL Sonny's
            '13-USPA State
            '13-AAU HI
            '11-USPA Metro
            '10-NPC Stingrey
            '09-NPC Islands
            '09-NPC Stingrey
            '09-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA IronWorks
            '01-NPC Paradise Cup
            '01-ABA Olympia
            '01-ABA Islands
            '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
            '00-INBF Musclefest
            '98-NGA Ill
            '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

No different than people dying from diseases induced by years of eating fastfoods.
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                No different than people dying from diseases induced by years of eating fastfoods.
                You might be right but ... we don't eat shitty food like that so if we were to take out the gear variable, we would likely be even healthier and live longer?

Not sure.

There are some fat and unhealthy people that live a long time.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

There are also avid runners who only eat healthy then die at 45 or 50.

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                    There are also avid runners who only eat healthy then die at 45 or 50.
                    Agreed. I have considered this but I am not sure that it is as prevalent in running as it is in bodybuilding.

Skip

Comment

Is it a valid challenge to ask any Bodybuilders to try go natural for a year and see what happens?

Has anyone on here ever tried it and is willing to share?

I think cutting down to "real" HRT levels would also be interesting also if anyone has done this. (By real I mean average levels not high end levels)
                      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                      ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
                        Is it a valid challenge to ask any Bodybuilders to try go natural for a year and see what happens?
                        I would say so.

Comment

I don't follow power lifting at all but are deaths common on that side as well? I only know a couple power lifters but they run high does+shit food+no cardio. Their idea of dieting is ordering a medium pizza instead of a large and drinking bud light instead of budweizer. They may be the exception but if that is common I would think they would be falling over at a higher rate than bodybuilders. If not I would think the diet drugs may be more of a factor.
                          6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
                          1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

Skip makes some very valid points...

A few (1991) years ago, I fell in with a bunch of guys who fancied themselves bodybuilders aiming to compete - but in reality, were just wanting to look intimidating when working as bouncers. aas were rife in our group - but it was still pretty much a minority persuit. We had one death (27 yr old) from heart failure taking a shower - which was attributed to diuretic abuse, and one guy who ended up in a wheel chair from nerve damage caused by sloppy injecting. This was just out of a group of - oh, maybe a dozen. I had a few issues myself (which I've talked about before) and went clean after a another couple of years and gave up kidding myself that I was gonna compete with the big boys...

But these days I don't see many copies of Dan Duchane's book or similar info around, and I see kids popping dianabol like candy. About a month ago, I was talking to this kid (maybe 18-19) about him needing to learn to squat if he wanted his legs to grow (he asked - I don't give unsolicited advice), and I discovered he was taking 8 Dbol a day and had been for several months, no bloodwork - no liver protection and he didn't look too good either with all the water and acne...(heh! and he asked how I knew he was on gear...)

I then started to look into it a bit, and it seems that aas use has spread in england like wildfire - last estimation was hundreds of thousands on gear, kids, soldiers, cops. Over the years I've seen 3 generations of guys appear without any workout/diet plan, go onto aas because their training/diet is basically rubbish - run into health issues and drop out never to be seen again. Most just want to look cool clubbing...

With competing bodybuilders - at least most make an informed choice - like a deal with the devil who says "yeah! I'll give you the body of a god, but in exchange I'll take half your life..." - most yougsters at 20 would jump for the deal. And really, I think this is the bigger issue - it's all gone mainstream with very little knowledge out there. We might be talking a few bodybuilders today, but the shit will really hit the fan in another 10-15 years time...

Comment

Nice up to date review on testosterone health risks (trt doses)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391003/

Comment

Working...
                              X