Beer, Boobs, Guns And Other Things Bros Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer, Boobs, Guns And Other Things Bros Like

My latest on EliteFTS.com: http://articles.elitefts.com/feature...s-bros-like-2/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I saw another one of your articles on flexonline. Is it a new one or old one?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Not sure. Do you have a link?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

It was in musclemag online

Comment

http://www.musclemag.com/together-again/

Comment

:frusty:...I was SO deceived by that title!!:angry:

:iagree:Though, seriously, great article. I needed to read that to be reminded since I'm trying to gain right now and I'm itching to step on and see some progress...
            even though, numbers on the bar ARE going up so, there's no doubt growth is happening (of the muscle variety) ...yet the mirror don't lie! There's also def more fat... (no cardio right now) :insane:

EDIT: Thinking about it a little more, if one was say, skiploading and adding mass, could there be a daily weight check to see when baseline is hit or should it not be hit when adding mass and just simply noting when the water weight comes off?? (establishing and recognizing patterns) I mean, there should be some way to predict the amount of mass added post water loss, right? ...say, next pre-load morning weight??
            gsop_3
            Lightweight Member
            Last edited by gsop_3; 10-24-2014, 08:25 AM.
            Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
              It was in musclemag online
              I orobably wrote that 3 years ago or more. They are recycling articles. *sigh*

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by gsop_3 View Post
                :frusty:...I was SO deceived by that title!!:angry:

:iagree:Though, seriously, great article. I needed to read that to be reminded since I'm trying to gain right now and I'm itching to step on and see some progress...
                even though, numbers on the bar ARE going up so, there's no doubt growth is happening (of the muscle variety) ...yet the mirror don't lie! There's also def more fat... (no cardio right now) :insane:

EDIT: Thinking about it a little more, if one was say, skiploading and adding mass, could there be a daily weight check to see when baseline is hit or should it not be hit when adding mass and just simply noting when the water weight comes off?? (establishing and recognizing patterns) I mean, there should be some way to predict the amount of mass added post water loss, right? ...say, next pre-load morning weight??
                If you constantly baseline in the off season you likely arent growing. The weight has to go up over time.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  If you constantly baseline in the off season you likely arent growing. The weight has to go up over time.

Skip
                  Sorry...I think I was trying to say the same thing. Maybe I should have worded it more like this: You look at your weight the morning of load day and see if it's the same or up from the previous week's pre-load weight...are you up from last week's baseline? That, plus the mirror/calipers to gauge fat gain.

I hope that makes sense...

Also, Skip, I'm wondering how you're gauging your current off-season progress...aside from higher numbers on the bar...and how do you utilize the scale?
                  gsop_3
                  Lightweight Member
                  Last edited by gsop_3; 10-25-2014, 07:20 AM.
                  Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

Yes, you are correct in that it is scale weight, calipers/body fat level, etc..

I am not taking measurements simply because I have done this for a LONG time and I am very honest with myself and can tell if I am gaining too much body fat, gaining muscle, etc.. I basically go by the mirror though I do weigh myself, too. I am going to allow body fat so that is not something I am terribly worried about but I don't want it to get out of hand or get unhealthy (higher blood pressure, too heavy breathing, etc.). I already know that for ME to gain muscle at a good rate, I cannot stay really, really lean.

Skip

Comment

... I am going to allow body fat so that is not something I am terribly worried about but I don't want it to get out of hand or get unhealthy (higher blood pressure, too heavy breathing, etc.). I already know that for ME to gain muscle at a good rate, I cannot stay really, really lean.

Skip
                      Cool! ...what would you consider to be "out of hand?" Other than the obvious signs of higher BP and heavy breathing...
                      -OR-
                      Is that more of an individual thing and knowing your body regarding how well/quickly you lean out?

In your opinion, for someone who's never been "really, really lean" before, should they be willing to deal with even a bit more adipose to gain the desired muscle and then leave a longer time for leaning out? Or, shoot for slow, modest gains and stay on the leaner side? ...I thiiink this still relates to the scale...

Comment

My out of hand could be someone else's "Im a fatass". It is entirely individual. I have younger kids that I work with that cannot stand the thought of being higher than a true 10% or they consider themselves fat and sloppy. I have no problem doing what it takes to get more size though I admit that I PREFER to be lean. I just can't personally grow a lot staying really lean like I prefer.

In my case, I will have some love handles but I can still get into the same size waist for shorts (khaki shorts) but they are a little tighter and my lower back and lower chest is softer. This is the primary change though I am softer everywhere. I am currently up to about 227 or 228 on TRT so I would assume that if I was fully gassed I would be in the high 230s right now. My strength while on TRT is better than it has been even gassed over the last couple of years staying leaner.

So, I take all of this into consideration and it is easy to tell that I am growing, aside from the obvious that my strength has been progressing almost every workout.

Skip

Comment

Great stuff, Skip! Thanks for sharing.

... I am currently up to about 227 or 228 on TRT so I would assume that if I was fully gassed I would be in the high 230s right now. My strength while on TRT is better than it has been even gassed over the last couple of years staying leaner.

Skip

To me, at least, it seems what you've said is a strong testament to the importance of diet (excessive caloric overload) when wanting to grow bigger, stronger.
                          I mean, for crap's sake!! Doing better on TRT than gassed up MUST be the diet! ...getting the most from as little gear as possible, right?

That's the bee's knee's, bro...Great work!

Comment

And I will be touching on this during the PED episode, as well, that we tape on Monday. Even I have been surprised at how well I have been growing but, yes, I am adding body fat.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                            X