My latest Just Sayin' on EliteFTS.com.

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...ike-matarazzo/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

good points!
    "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
    ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Man, I hope people read it to the last sentence.
      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

lol
        They wont. Most people that comment after my articles dont have the attention span to go 1200 words. At least 5 of the words they likely have to google and they cant wait to post something shitty. It is funnier because I dont read even one comment anymore or respond but they feel heard and that is important. lol

Skip

Sent from Skip's Samsung Note 2

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

A great outlook on death - and more importantly on life. I hope it inspires people to get more out of their everyday lives.

The idiots that stop at ''..is it really sad that he passed?'' Will probably never get any quality life lessons out of that article and instead just find anther reason to bitch and whine. lol
          Last edited by liftweights; 08-22-2014, 09:17 PM.
          :preach:

Comment

I feel sad when someone young passes because it means that was another person who didn't get to live a long life. They had less opportunity to live a full and fulfilling life, and I think for any person, that's sad. Personally, I think his situation is sad because he regretted (or seemed to) his choices that most likely led to his early death.

More generally,

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

I think his passing is sad as well for the reasons Sammi mentioned BUT I agree 100%

that we attach "knowing" to celebrity lives when really we have ZERO clue about them and their life and their lifestyle....
              '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
              17 AAU Super Total
              '16-AAU Hi
              '15-USPA Metro
              '15-USPA State
              '15-AAU HI
              '14-AAU HI
              '14-USPA Metro
              '14-WABDL Sonny's
              '14-USPA State
              '14-HI Strongman
              '13-USPA
              '13-WABDL Sonny's
              '13-USPA State
              '13-AAU HI
              '11-USPA Metro
              '10-NPC Stingrey
              '09-NPC Islands
              '09-NPC Stingrey
              '09-ABA Islands
              '02-ABA Islands
              '02-ABA IronWorks
              '01-NPC Paradise Cup
              '01-ABA Olympia
              '01-ABA Islands
              '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
              '00-INBF Musclefest
              '98-NGA Ill
              '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Great words Skip. Your articles are always spot on.
                2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  I feel sad when someone young passes because it means that was another person who didn't get to live a long life. They had less opportunity to live a full and fulfilling life, and I think for any person, that's sad. Personally, I think his situation is sad because he regretted (or seemed to) his choices that most likely led to his early death.

More generally,
                  I won't argue my point or perspective because you have the right to feel sad for him - anyone has that right. My point to the article is that you (and I) don't know if he had regrets but you assume he did. If you knew he had no regrets would you still be sad for him?

Maybe he had regrets and maybe he hated his life and was a douche to people. In that case, it WOULD be sad. The point to the article really wasn't even about Mike Matarazzo but more the point that people should be left to live how they see fit instead of being judged by HOW they lived and HOW or WHY they died.

I don't read the comments section after my articles but I can only imagine that most people didn't get the point of the article. If you ever take what I write as face value, the point will be missed.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                    I think his passing is sad as well for the reasons Sammi mentioned BUT I agree 100%

that we attach "knowing" to celebrity lives when really we have ZERO clue about them and their life and their lifestyle....
                    This is actually the typical response I would expect from my article if the person reading it gets my point. Sure, there is nothing wrong with being sad for the guy's situation but in getting my bigger point, like I stated previously, my point wasn't about Mike but about how we view a person that has passed and how we judge them based on how they died, how they lived, etc., instead of finding comfort in the fact that people should live the way they want to and fuck everyone else.

Skip

Comment

The article is on point Skip. He had the courage follow the path where his heart was, now the journey is elsewhere.

Looking forward to working with you in the future still.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        I won't argue my point or perspective because you have the right to feel sad for him - anyone has that right. My point to the article is that you (and I) don't know if he had regrets but you assume he did. If you knew he had no regrets would you still be sad for him?
                        Absolutely, I would. He died young, and had the potential for much more living. Regardless of how he lived his life and if he had regrets, I think that's sad for him. I wasn't assuming he had regrets, I was reading the quotes where people said he greatly regretted his abuse of AAS, which almost certainly caused his heart issue(s) and death. But if he didn't regret anything he did, I would still feel sad for him, yes.

Maybe he had regrets and maybe he hated his life and was a douche to people. In that case, it WOULD be sad. The point to the article really wasn't even about Mike Matarazzo but more the point that people should be left to live how they see fit instead of being judged by HOW they lived and HOW or WHY they died.
                        I don't think feeling sad means I have judged him. I feel sad when anyone dies, because it is a loss. I feel the loss is somewhat increased in his case because his actions probably directly caused his early death. And the icing on the cake is that he knew that and regretted it. I'm not judging him on how he lived or died; I couldn't give a damn. But I am sad that his life was cut short.
                        kind of a douche

Comment

I am just in awe that Sammich has feelings.
                          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Like I said: I am not sad for anyone that lives a life they were happy living. I guess we just disagree.

Do keep in mind, though, that you do not know if his actions caused or contributed to his death or not. You are going by what you have heard, second hand. Again, though, you are entitled to that opinion and to feel sad if that is how you feel.

Skip

Comment

Like I said: I am not sad for anyone that lives a life they were happy living. I guess we just disagree.

Do keep in mind, though, that you do not know if his actions caused or contributed to his death or not. You are going by what you have heard, second hand. Again, though, you are entitled to that opinion and to feel sad if that is how you feel.

Skip
                              I don't think we're disagreeing on anything. I'm sad; you're not. :llama:
                              kind of a douche

Comment

Working...
                              X