• Gluten Sensitive or Attention Whore? Just Sayin'

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...tention-whore/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

What the fuck Skip. I am such an amateur nutritionist, now you have me thinking my diet strategy is shit. I have lost 10 lbs and held my muscle well, look and feel better than I have in years.

All I have done is cut out as much wheat, as is tolerable. I have realized all along my carb intake is down and there is more going on than just removing the bulk of wheat from my diet. But damn it, its working for me.

I don't give a shit, I'm sticking with this program. I don't care what you say (JK. I listen quite intently to all you share. Thanks for the info)

Comment

pizza, freshly baked breads, donuts... mmm l love gluten.. yum lol...
      Sean

Facebook: Sean JT
      Instagram: Sean JT
      Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Comment

I am not saying to eat wheat. I don't do well with it, either, but I am not gluten intolerant because I don't tolerate it well.

Skip
        Originally posted by 46er View Post
        What the fuck Skip. I am such an amateur nutritionist, now you have me thinking my diet strategy is shit. I have lost 10 lbs and held my muscle well, look and feel better than I have in years.

All I have done is cut out as much wheat, as is tolerable. I have realized all along my carb intake is down and there is more going on than just removing the bulk of wheat from my diet. But damn it, its working for me.

I don't give a shit, I'm sticking with this program. I don't care what you say (JK. I listen quite intently to all you share. Thanks for the info)

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Very true article - in Australia Gluten is the thing to have dramas with these days.

The parental diagnosis of children you mentioned is what gets me. I'm fine with people incorrectly self diagnosing but to put that on a kid is not fair.

I coach a kids team and 3 out of the team have parental diagnosed food allergies. One parent told me their child couldn't eat the 100% glucose based sweet he got as best player of the match as he has gluten intolerance. I said that it had no gluten in the sweet and they said that the glucose is gluten.

I made them look it up on their phone as they would not believe gluten is a protein found in mainly in (BROWS) - Barley, Rye, Oats, Wheat and Spelt and when shown to be wrong got all huffy.

That kid is going to have head case problems when grown and not digestive problems. Thank you mum and dad.
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

I have no idea if I am gluten intolerant or not. My slight understanding is, wheat today is so genetically engineered that it does not resemble its original form.

I wanted a healthier diet and thought I would see how I responded to much reduced wheat consumption. I know my carbohydrate intake has been reduced, just from lack of choices I have on hand. I have also dropped late day carb ingestion somewhat. I have gone from minimal to more frequent, more intense cardio sessions too.

I have changed several variables, so I can't pin my improvement to reduced wheat consumption. My original response was really meant to be "tongue in cheek."

Comment

Gluten in glucose. I am not even surprised ... *sigh*

Skip

Comment

Skip, do you believe that only people with celiac disease, can't eat gluten(or are intolerant)?

Comment

Yes but keep in mind that "intolerant" is why people get away with saying they can't eat it. The word is open for interpretation. As an example: I think that pizza crust and water can act like a sponge and make someone feel "bloated" after they eat it. That is not "intolerance" to me. Gastric distress can also be simply from eating too much of anything. As I stated in the article, gas doesn't mean you are intolerant of a food. It could simply be that you ate too damn much of it.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    Yes but keep in mind that "intolerant" is why people get away with saying they can't eat it. The word is open for interpretation. As an example: I think that pizza crust and water can act like a sponge and make someone feel "bloated" after they eat it. That is not "intolerance" to me. Gastric distress can also be simply from eating too much of anything. As I stated in the article, gas doesn't mean you are intolerant of a food. It could simply be that you ate too damn much of it.

Skip
                    Well, I know for a fact, I am gluten intolerant and don't have celiac. I was sick for a year and a half before I cut out gluten. Anyone with an IBD, can be gluten intolerant.

Read this interview.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/23428...ute/Page1.html

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                      Well, I know for a fact, I am gluten intolerant and don't have celiac. I was sick for a year and a half before I cut out gluten. Anyone with an IBD, can be gluten intolerant.

Read this interview.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/23428...ute/Page1.html
                      There are always exceptions so if you fancy yourself one, that is fine. And by "exception" I mean exception to the rule and the rule is that 99% of people (if not more) are full of shit when they say they are gluten intolerant.

Skip

Comment

everyone is on the Gluten and NON-GMO bandwagon its sooo freaking annoying
                        Discount code BDM999
                        By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

Until the top news stations start writing about gluten intolerance being bullshit than none of this is going away. Or at least until the next health fad rolls around. Lets figure out what that fad is before it happens so we can hate it ahead of time.

Also, I've had this debate with people I know too many times to count and I learned its just easier to let them stress all they want and keep my mouth shut. Besides, people are idiots and believe anything they see on their news feeds. I had a guy tell me a few days ago Americans are getting fatter because shopping carts are bigger than they used to be.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                          *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                          •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Working...
                          X