• Mislabeling of foods on grocery store shelves - EliteFTS.com article

http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...prevarication/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Here in Australia we have a big push to buy "Australian Made", especially fresh fruit and Veg. The next nearest and dearest nation is New Zealand.

Many people buy "Product of New Zealand" fruit and veg until recently when it was found that this label only means it was packaged or tinned in NZ.

Most of the produce is cheap inferior unsellable and chemically laden stuff from other countries.

Another example was Sea Bass - AKA Indonesian farmed Catfish - clearly not Cod nor from the sea.

Very misleading labels indeed.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Great read. I have been buying low-sodium soy sauce! Can you explain why would rice-based cereal is a better choice than corn-based cereal? Why is corn products bad for you? should we avoid most corn products?
      Sean

Facebook: Sean JT
      Instagram: Sean JT
      Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Comment

I explained this in the other thread, at length.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip, I fell for this "trick" once before too... Several years ago I was walking along the aisles and saw the "Fat Free Butter Spray" I say, Shit, that sounds awesome! Get a nice buttery flavor to some fish, veggies or chicken, would be good change of pace. I was using this A LOT, like multiple servings every meal. After using this for a while I noticed fat loss wasn't the same... I inspected the label and saw oils listed. I did some more research and found that one serving actually has 4 kcals, but by law they can zay "0 calories" because it is under 5kcals. Of course the kcals come from fat here and adding several grams of fat to every meal, every day adds up. Needless to say, from that point on I became more in tune with what the ingredients are and how that translates to the food label.

This is how the label read: Water, soybean oil*, olive oil*, salt, sweet cream buttermilk*, xanthan gum, soy lecithin, polysorbate 60, lactic acid, (potassium sorbate, calcium disodium edta) used to protect quality, maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavor, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

And of course it says 0 kcals, 0 fat, o cabrs and 0 protein when the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are OIL

http://olivio.com/products/olive-oil...buttery-taste/
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            I explained this in the other thread, at length.

Skip
            Re: Corn as a grain.

I'll bite, since I searched and couldn't find the right thread… Skip, can you point us to the discussion you are talking about? Thanks.

/Not a retard, but I do play one on TV...
            I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

Muscles don't know how old they are.

Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

So will you.

Journal

Comment

I can't find the damn thing. I think it might have been in the TEAM SKIP protein thread? Ugh ...

Skip

Comment

I just got this from the supermarket. Though it fit in well with this thread.

The pork gelatine has some serious protein in it...if you consume 100g of the jelly crystals!
                It also says per 100g as sold...its a 11.5g pack!
                Then the next column states - per140ml (1/2 pint) as consumed..so thats the table for the actual packet..but they have written it in ml to confuse people.

No sugar...except the 1 g sugar thats on the pack.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  I can't find the damn thing. I think it might have been in the TEAM SKIP protein thread? Ugh ...

Skip
                  lol… I'll keep digging. ;-)
                  I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

Muscles don't know how old they are.

Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

So will you.

Journal

Comment

Working...
                  X