• My latest article on EliteFTS: Metabolic Damage

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...igue/#comments

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I'm trying to learn here, so bear with me as I try and follow some of your thinking and writing.

As I understand it, Adrenal "Fatigue" (which as I understand the term as meaning diet/exercse induced Adrenal Insufficiency) is already a relatively controversial term in and of itself (I dont believe there is any science behind the idea that the adrenals can get "fatigued" from exercise/dieting and not perform their function, at least not to any detectable range.), and with the way you have the article layed out you seem to be saying you believe it is the sole cause of a slowed metabolism, or indeed is actually the same thing (or at least thats the definition of "metabolic damage" I'm using)

Is that accurate?

If thats the case It would seem to follow that you think the adrenals are the prime driver of the metabolism, and that "fatiguing" them IS the cause of a slowed metabolism. Is that accurate?

Comment

I am not sure I follow but I will say this: I am not a science guy so I couldn't answer the question as to whether it is truly the adrenals taking the brunt of the "abuse" or if other metabolic factors carry a lot of the responsibility (or burden), as well. I was relating how people tend to make the situation sound so terrible and hopeless and irresponsible and instead figured I would point out that there are fixes that don't take forever to correct the problem.

I write articles and answer questions based entirely on my experience vs. something out of a book and the main reason is because I just haven't studied these things from a book. I draw conclusions based on my experience and I present them. Notice, you will never see a reference in any of my articles, ever. That just isn't my forte. My articles are opinion only.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip , what are the strategies to use when adrean fatigue sets in? No cardio/lifting for a few weeks or less cardio/lifting? Eating at or above maintenance for a few weeks? Any general guidelines to get back on track?
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
          Skip , what are the strategies to use when adrean fatigue sets in? No cardio/lifting for a few weeks or less cardio/lifting? Eating at or above maintenance for a few weeks? Any general guidelines to get back on track?
          I cover this in the article. Not specifics but in general. Every situation is different.

Skip

Comment

Thanks for your answer Skip

Comment

No problem, Lonnie.

Skip

Comment

Skip, what kind of Fatburner, do you prefer. I have never used a fat burner. Of course I have only cut once. This is my 2nd time.

Also, I am trying the 130, and can get there and it isn't to hard , if i use my hands on the elliptical and not just my legs. I had a cup of coffee this evening before my training session and cardio, and I never hardly have caffeine in my diet anymore. Getting to 130 was so easy, but I think if I used caffeine everyday my body just gets used to it, and I need more and more. Because I didn't have this feeling when I used to drink coffee every morning.

Comment

Understood about the caffeine but I am not sure that it loses it's efficacy for thermogenesis if you take it too frequently. I will have to check on that.

Ephedrine hcl was the best fat burner ever to be over-the-counter, ever. Nothing will beat it but yohimbine hcl is a good second. I use it and I think it works very well for the large majority of people that use it.

Glad to hear you found the 130 cardio to not be as demanding as you may have thought.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    Understood about the caffeine but I am not sure that it loses it's efficacy for thermogenesis if you take it too frequently. I will have to check on that.

Ephedrine hcl was the best fat burner ever to be over-the-counter, ever. Nothing will beat it but yohimbine hcl is a good second. I use it and I think it works very well for the large majority of people that use it.

Glad to hear you found the 130 cardio to not be as demanding as you may have thought.

Skip
                    How much do you take. I only see 2.5 mg pills.
                    Also do you combine that with caffeine like people did with ephedra.

Comment

I don't combine it with caffeine, myself, no.

Start at 5mg to see how well you tolerate it because it used to make me feel like death - just miserable feeling of sickness for some reason. No higher than 10mg but you can build into 2 or 3 doses a day.

Skip

Comment

Another great read. I can do this all day :-)
                        Sean

Facebook: Sean JT
                        Instagram: Sean JT
                        Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Comment

Sometimes I think that I take too much caffeine. It takes a whole bunch of it to feel something and I typically can't lift without 200-350mg in my preworkout. I used to have that plus 140mg from an energy drink later in the day but I've cut that out. Occasionally I will take a week off from training and the caffeine but I hate it. When I do I dont get the typical cold turkey caffeine "withdrawals".

My sleep is great. 8-9 quality hours a night. Calories have never dipped low. And I hate most fat burners.
                          You think there's any chance of some adrenal fatigue from the caffeine?

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                          *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                          •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Unlikely.

Skip

Comment

great article, since I am kind of in the same situation as written in the article. I think my calories were too low for too long :/

next time I am gonna hire Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X