"Growing into shows"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Growing into shows"

Hey there skip. I train under Carlos Rodriguez, Pastor Pump that use to be on your site. I've been doing intensive research on your diet and lately and I had a few questions if you don't mind me asking....

how can you gauge a proper skip loading protocol for a person that's weight doesn't really move much on the scale but in photos they are noticeably getting tighter? For instance I "grow into shows" and the scale doesn't move much dieting but I change drastically...how would I know how long to skip load for?

Thanks in advance...love all the information you put out. Thank you for being a pioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously not Skip here, but very interested in your question.
    When you say that your "weight doesn't move much", how many pounds, ounces are you talking per week on average? Gain or loss?

When you typically prepare for a show do you typically incorporate any form of loading/refeed/cheat meal? If working with a coach outside of Carlos Rodriguez, or have previously, no worries on refraining from this question.

From what I have seen, and taking into account that you are likely very lean already, you are not one requiring a 20-30+ lbs loss when preparing for a show, and may even have difficulty making weight at times depending on the division (classic vs. bodybuilding) with your level of development. Basically, you are in a state where you simply are monitoring condition, day to day, every few days, week to week, etc. following a load.

Without an answer from the man himself, this is where you would simply experiment. Depending on the time available in your prep, and current conditioning levels, a 12-6 hour window to start. Even incorporating some form during an off-season (likely smaller load here) 6 hour window or less to start. Simply obtaining an idea of how your body responds to various loading protocols such as,

#1 - traditional skip load carb sources, low fats throughout the loading window
    #2 - traditional skip load carb sources for most of the day, and then some more "fun", shit loading type foods to end the night during the loading window
    #3 - the opposite of #2
    #4 - shit loading type foods exclusively, or a combination of the two throughout the entire loading window

of coarse water, and all else that may be involved there will come into play at the time of, and days prior to the show, but observing subtle changes when experimenting your individual response to the methods above can be made (how long it takes for water to drop, weight returning to baseline or lower, appearance/conditioning).

In no way am I intending to impose on your question or on a response from Skip, I am just someone who loves the application and discussion of all things we are members of this forum for.
    Last edited by TheOutlier; 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

The weight gain from a Skipload is different than body fat gained or lost while dieting.

Even if you recomp and your weight stays relatively stable throughout the prep, you are still going to have fluctuations from the actual Skipload itself. Example:
      If you weight 240 and you Skipload you are going to gain weight (or should) from the Skipload if only for a few days. If you jump to 247 the following morning after a Skipload and then the day after you are 242 and then you "baseline" at 240 and stay there for the rest of the week, you LIKELY are leaner even without me seeing your condition. It would be unlikely if you weren't if you recomp for most of your prep phase.

It is important in a situation like you are in, that you make sure you are loading enough.

If you think about it, recomping during a prep you have to be careful with even without Skiploading because you need to visually be able to gauge whether you are getting lean enough or too lean. The Skiploading really doesn't change that in any way. You just will gain weight from the load for a few days before baselining again.

I would strongly recommend using the Super Compensation Glycogen Storage (SCGS) compound with the Skiploads, as well.

Skip

Originally posted by leanbodysanti View Post
      Hey there skip. I train under Carlos Rodriguez, Pastor Pump that use to be on your site. I've been doing intensive research on your diet and lately and I had a few questions if you don't mind me asking....

how can you gauge a proper skip loading protocol for a person that's weight doesn't really move much on the scale but in photos they are noticeably getting tighter? For instance I "grow into shows" and the scale doesn't move much dieting but I change drastically...how would I know how long to skip load for?

Thanks in advance...love all the information you put out. Thank you for being a pioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
      Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: IntenseMuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

That was very nice of you Skip to give that info, for free.

Comment

Working...
        X