Jaybird wireless headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaybird wireless headphones

I just need to give a shout out to these guys because I bought mine almost 3 years ago and they fired down last week for some reason and just won't connect to my phone/music and won't charge. They were about 200 bucks so they aren't cheap and as far as I am concerned are the best headphones I have ever owned for working out.

I was going to buy another pair but figured I would just check online with the company and after chatting for less than a minute they told me they were sending me a replacement set absolutely free and they would upgrade them to the new X2 version. I was floored.

Excellent product and excellent customer service. Even if they never replace them again I would go buy another pair in the future if I had to.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I had the same ones, and they took a crap a few weeks ago. Also went with the X2. I had bought the 2 yr protection plan from best buy, so i was covered. Really surprising they sent you a new pair. That's awesome.
    Btw, the X2 are great.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
      I had the same ones, and they took a crap a few weeks ago. Also went with the X2. I had bought the 2 yr protection plan from best buy, so i was covered. Really surprising they sent you a new pair. That's awesome.
      Btw, the X2 are great.
      I bought them through the jaybird website so maybe that is why but I did not purchase any after-purchase warranty, at all. In fact, they replaced them about 5 months after I bought them in 2013, too, for water damage (sweat) saying that they had made changes to the model because they were having water damage issues. So they actually have replaced them twice.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Good to know. I have a pair of the originals and haven't had a problem yet, but hopefully if I do they'll take care of me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

That's awesome. I'm finding companies are getting really good about this. My Yurbuds (owned by jbl) had an issue and they sent me a new pair for free. All I needed was a new detachable ear loop.

Also, I got a pair of Lock Jaw Elite clips so I wouldn't have to rely on the clips at my gym, which are sometimes broken or missing. One tiny piece on the clips broke a while back and after asking the company if they could mail me a new piece, I got 2 new clips in the mail. Very excited about this.

How is the charging speed and hours of life on the Jay Birds? I'm in the market for new wireless headphones.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
          *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
          •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Don't get the PowerBeats Wireless by Beats. The ear bud portion disconnected from the housing due to the cheap materials and I had to continually call them and they still wouldn't do anything until I mentioned that a large number of people online complained about the same issue and I would talk to my lawyers about a class action lawsuit. Then all of a sudden, I was allowed to talk to a supervisor who gladly replaced them.

I recently bought Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless and they are awesome. I've only had them for about 2 months but they have pretty good sound at a good price.
            The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
              Don't get the PowerBeats Wireless by Beats. The ear bud portion disconnected from the housing due to the cheap materials and I had to continually call them and they still wouldn't do anything until I mentioned that a large number of people online complained about the same issue and I would talk to my lawyers about a class action lawsuit. Then all of a sudden, I was allowed to talk to a supervisor who gladly replaced them.

I recently bought Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless and they are awesome. I've only had them for about 2 months but they have pretty good sound at a good price.
              Beats products have been shown in many reviews to be an inferior product. So many cheaper options that sound just as good but the construction of the product is better. I refuse to buy beats. Never once considered it. A friend of mine bought a pair of $25 wireless headphones from some cheap Chinese company on Amazon that sound way better than beats.

Anything SkullCandy is just as good as any beats product. Except maybe a little better. Especially considering the price.

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

I have heard the same about the Beats headphones but my son had a pair of the over-ear ones and they sounded pretty badass.

I am unsure about how long the battery life is for the Jaybirds because I have a habit of wearing them at the gym and then coming home and charging them after every training session.

The sound is really good but they just fit sooo much better than most other wireless headphones. I don't use the web connections or anything, I just loop them over my ears and use the large set of earbud covers and they RARELY move at all during a set. They stay tight in my ears 99% of the time.

Skip

Comment

I have the soundot wireless. They have magnetic tips to wear like s necklace when not in use. They have roughly 5hrs of charge. I think the jay birds are 8-10hrs. The sounddots are half the price of the jaybirds.
                  SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Yes, I swear mine were supposed to be 10 hours.

Skip

Comment

I have the jaybird's and I swear I would go months without charging them other than when I was driving (about 10 mins a day) and would never have to fully charge them at all.
                      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                      www.316fit.com
                      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        I have heard the same about the Beats headphones but my son had a pair of the over-ear ones and they sounded pretty badass.

I am unsure about how long the battery life is for the Jaybirds because I have a habit of wearing them at the gym and then coming home and charging them after every training session.

The sound is really good but they just fit sooo much better than most other wireless headphones. I don't use the web connections or anything, I just loop them over my ears and use the large set of earbud covers and they RARELY move at all during a set. They stay tight in my ears 99% of the time.

Skip
                        Stephanie had a pair of the Studio Beats and they sounded nice. But compared to Bose or even some of the SkullCandy versions that were half the price, not great. I thought Beats were the best thing since sliced bread before I had friends who were obsessed with this stuff and had all these different headphones to compare.

I had the opposite habit of always forgetting to charge my wireless headphones lol

The fit is incredibly important so that is useful information. It sounds like the Jaybirds are the only option.

Sammich posted about some cheap wireless no name headphones on Amazon a week ago. I'll have to compare.

Comment

Sammich IS cheap and no name.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                            Sammich IS cheap and no name.

Skip
                            Really harsh.

Comment

I know this thread is about Skip's Jaybirds, but I am a proud Bose whore.

I have used Bose earbuds for the last 8 years or so - and nothing compares to the sound they produce in your head. But the wires are a pain. Having the iPod fall out of my pocket, or having the buds pull out of my ear, or out of the iPod is a regular occurrence. But, holy hell - the sound quality when they are in my ear and plugged in...

So I bought a pair of Bose on-ear bluetooth headphones Thursday. Put a full charge on them Thursday night, and they have lasted through 2 training sessions and a cardio session (about 2 hours total) and the battery is still 100%.

I should have cut the cord years ago. No phone in my pocket, no cord strangling me or pulling out. And the sound - pure Bose-whore heaven.
                              Last edited by rainjack; 01-30-2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X