I have "Collapsed". I am done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have "Collapsed". I am done.

I will detail everything very soon - as soon as I figure out the best avenue to do it. I will be incredibly detailed with why I have come to this decision and my focus is going to shift from competing to staying ripped all the time and in incredible condition.

I am going to promote health over everything else and I am going to try to encourage others to do the same or make the transition to this philosophy. I will still do contest prep and work with clients in the same capacity as I always have but my competing and use of drugs is over. I absolutely refuse to die doing this.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Looking forward to hearing/reading this.

We're seeing more and more the danger in what we do. The latest news about Bert Walden is another reminder of this.

I feel that I don't take things as far and am more conscious about my health, but I know that I still have some degree of denial pertaining to the risks that I take.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

We all do. We might not SAY it but, "it won't happen to me". Why? He took rec drugs, he didn't eat healthy, he was overweight, etc..

I am incredibly careful and reserved with my gear use - always have been - but the signs are there and I will discuss them in detail how one sign is no big deal and then it turns into another sign that is borderline and another comes up that ... I feel fine, etc..

I have other things that aren't even related to bodybuilding that have played into this decision and my personal beliefs and opinions about bodybuilding and competitors and ... a ton of shit ... that has made this decision an easy one - finally.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Interested to hear this Skip.

We certainly all try and 'play down' our usage and never think we will be affected. Deep down I think we all have our doubts. For those of us who will never turn pro and do it purely as a hobby/challenge I do wonder if the risk is worth it.
        Training enquires: [email protected]

IG: Phil_Agostino
        Facebook: Phil Agostino

Comment

More power to you Skip! I always believed in doing what's right for yourself. I'm looking forward to hearing this too!
          "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
          ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Skip, you are making the right decision, I am older than you (56) on TRT my doctor is a former competitive bodybuilder and still trains and looks great. My last visit I told him I was thinking of competing in the over 50 class, he looked at me and said at my age the drugs that would be necessary to compete would not be worth it, even if I took minimal amounts. He said these guys in their late 40's and 50's are fooling themselves by thinking they are immune from getting sick or dying from the drugs they are taking to compete especially on the national level.

He claims the older we get chances are increased that are internal organs are not as strong as they were when we were all younger. And the drug use just strains them and could fail, its not worth a trophy.

He said the same thing you said above, work out for your health, stay lean by eating clean most of the time, stay on TRT dosages, get blood work, do cardio and live longer.

It sucks getting older in some ways, but in other ways its nice. Not many 40 somethings look like you so that is cool, and like you said lean out, fuck all of that bulking shit. Good Luck.

Comment

Would you consider doing men's physique?
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Tough decision, but good on ya Skip. I personally feel that the transition toward a consistently healthy but ripped physique is just as interesting and more relatable. Your new direction may be an even more important story to tell. One that many people need/want to hear.

Comment

likeing this new defined goal A LOT, sign me up for another year or two skip!

Comment

I came to a similar conclusion several years ago, in my early 50s. Looking forward to reading your story.

Comment

I am very interested in hearing about this Skip, and if you have the time, I would like to talk to you personally. There are many things on my mind that I feel I don't necessarily have the life experience or background to look at myself from the third person and make the best decisions for me future.

Hearing your personal insights will be enlightening and I am glad you are doing what know is best.

Much love!
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I appreciate the support from you all.

I have been considering this for a while now but every week I just kind of look at it as, "it's only another year, stick it out and finish this". I just can't because I am now to the point where I could never forgive myself if something happened.

I would be happy to talk to you, MF, and as stated previously, I will be detailing everything that played into this decision, what my last bloodwork told me, what my plans are moving forward, etc..

The DVD might not be out of the picture but it would be changed to be geared towards making the transition from bodybuilding to healthy, ripped, TRT, holding as much muscle as possible but LEAN and when I say lean I mean proving that I know how to walk around at damned near contest condition but slightly smaller due to TRT dosing. I think doing a DVD like this would be appealing to the 40 and 50 year old demographic, anyway. If they see me make the transition and how I can look all the time, they might do the same thing.

I spoke with EliteFTS today and Dave and Sheena ok'd me to do either 1 large article or a 2 parter, laying all of this information out about my decision, details about my bloodwork, my drug use, etc.. I feel this is the best way to put all of the information out there from a business standpoint.

Skip

Comment

You have my support.
                          2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                          2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                          2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                          2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                          2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Over the last 6 months I noticed a few comments you made seemed to point to being unhappy with how things were going gear wise. It could have been just me reading things into what you were saying but tonight's post was no surprise and makes me think you have been on this path for some time.

I will be glad to read your articles and also hope any young guys going on gear will read them.

As a Natty these types of articles are of particular interest due to the differing opinions and mindset. Looking forward to it and hope your health is all good.
                            "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                            Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                            'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                            ~William Bernbach

Comment

I'm definitely in for this, something I truly need to read

Comment

Working...
                              X