Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gym shoots (filming) for Till I Collapse DVD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gym shoots (filming) for Till I Collapse DVD

    I am currently setting up and planning at least for the off season gym shoots that I will do for the filming of the off season training footage and I wonder if any of you have any good ideas. I prefer them to not be commercial gyms if at all possible so more along the lines of hardcore and with something unique about them or known in the industry, etc..

    Right now I am pretty confident on doing:

    MetroFlex in Plano - great gym and I know quite a few people there including Steve Kuclo and the owner Greg McCoy (and his fiance Tawna Eubanks bikini pro and all around awesomely nice person)

    A gym in Kingston, Jamaica that I visited on the same day I did a seminar in another gym. I can't remember the name but Shanique will so I will hit her up about that. lol No air, just fans and an awesome atmosphere. Ussain Bolt trains there, I believe, too.

    My home gym here in Denver or possibly Armbrust but I did Armbrust last time and that seems predictable. Still, I might do it. I want to get family footage possibly at Lifetime Fitness because as a family we go to the gym together regularly but LifeTime is going to make it HARD to film there because of their potential corporate unwillingness to let me film. I don't know for sure but corporate gyms like that are usually shitty about filming such things.

    I have considered a small gym in Michigan that I have known the owner forever REPZ Gym so that is a possibility or even the Y Center where I grew up training as a teenager with Dang Nguyen (friend that was a pro wrestler and then recently was in the Walking Dead and The Originals) and Rob Zakowski (Rob Van Dam) to you guys.

    I still need another 3 or 4 spots. Any ideas that might sound awesome?

    Skip


    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle


    For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

    Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

  • #2
    There's a hardcore gym in Syracuse called Conan's Gym. You could fly out and stay here at the house.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."


    www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

    https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

    Comment


    • #3
      You're welcome in Tampa, too, Ken. Both powerhouse gyms here are good: One very blue collar, the other filled with competitors.

      What do you need the gym for?... Just plain filming of you training or will you be doing instructional stuff where you'll need space, reasonably quite / unbusy surroundings?...

      A shoot on a really nice cruise gym could be cool. (Take a cruise to Jamaica and shoot there if you can find one that will be at port long enough?...)

      -S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


      www.TrueNutrition.com

      2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hop View Post
        There's a hardcore gym in Syracuse called Conan's Gym. You could fly out and stay here at the house.

        This might be a good option. Would they let me film there?

        Skip


        Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle


        For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

        Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
          You're welcome in Tampa, too, Ken. Both powerhouse gyms here are good: One very blue collar, the other filled with competitors.

          What do you need the gym for?... Just plain filming of you training or will you be doing instructional stuff where you'll need space, reasonably quite / unbusy surroundings?...

          A shoot on a really nice cruise gym could be cool. (Take a cruise to Jamaica and shoot there if you can find one that will be at port long enough?...)

          -S
          I actually wondered about your gym because of you being there and Layne, etc..

          I should only be shooting training footage unless I can hook up something for as seminar or something instructional. Right now I just plan on training footage.

          Skip


          Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle


          For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

          Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            This might be a good option. Would they let me film there?

            Skip
            Absolutely, I'm friends with the owner. In fact he was part of our riding group who used to head out on our Harleys, drink beer, shoot guns and raise hell way back when....so you 2 would get along great....lol.
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."


            www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

            https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

            Comment


            • #7
              How about Mark Bell's new Supertraining gym in Sac? He has a pretty massive following. Or Elite FTS since you do some writing for them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                I actually wondered about your gym because of you being there and Layne, etc..

                I should only be shooting training footage unless I can hook up something for as seminar or something instructional. Right now I just plan on training footage.

                Skip
                Layne did a seminar in that gym, which you can find on youtube. We could do whatever you want there.

                I could probably get Ben Pakulski to stop in for a cameo. Nate Wonsley trains there, too - SUPER nice guy. Janeen Lankowski could come by, as well.

                -S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

                Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


                www.TrueNutrition.com

                2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hop View Post
                  There's a hardcore gym in Syracuse called Conan's Gym. You could fly out and stay here at the house.
                  Hey man - I grew up in Syracuse, but left along time ago (1986)

                  Used to work out at Cal's gym in east Syracuse ... Not sure if it still exists. "Cal" was Carl Sanfillipo - I think he's still head football coach at baldwinsville high

                  Cal's gym was awesome - just a pit crammed with iron in the basement under a deli. All the pro wrestlers used to work out there when their circus came to town... I'll never forget seeing Ivan Putski (The Polish Hammer!) working out in the posing trunks and boots he wore in the ring. He looked to be about 5'3 but was as wide as he was tall .... Staring at everyone like an axe murderer

                  Once during the summer someone clogged the shitter with too much TP ... No one copped to the destruction, so Sanfillipo "punished" everyone by shutting off the water for a month ... No sink, no showers, so shitter, no drinking fountain - in the middle of summer ...imagine trying that business practice today ...basically a big "fuck me? No, fuck YOU!" to all the members ...but no one left to my knowledge

                  Sorry to go off on a tangent but when I saw "Syracuse" all these memories came flooding back... I could go on for days about the characters in that gym - miss that kind of atmosphere

                  Where is Conan's located? It sounds familiar - has it been around awhile? I remember Hercules gym downtown too

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cletus View Post
                    Hey man - I grew up in Syracuse, but left along time ago (1986)

                    Used to work out at Cal's gym in east Syracuse ... Not sure if it still exists. "Cal" was Carl Sanfillipo - I think he's still head football coach at baldwinsville high

                    Cal's gym was awesome - just a pit crammed with iron in the basement under a deli. All the pro wrestlers used to work out there when their circus came to town... I'll never forget seeing Ivan Putski (The Polish Hammer!) working out in the posing trunks and boots he wore in the ring. He looked to be about 5'3 but was as wide as he was tall .... Staring at everyone like an axe murderer

                    Once during the summer someone clogged the shitter with too much TP ... No one copped to the destruction, so Sanfillipo "punished" everyone by shutting off the water for a month ... No sink, no showers, so shitter, no drinking fountain - in the middle of summer ...imagine trying that business practice today ...basically a big "fuck me? No, fuck YOU!" to all the members ...but no one left to my knowledge

                    Sorry to go off on a tangent but when I saw "Syracuse" all these memories came flooding back... I could go on for days about the characters in that gym - miss that kind of atmosphere

                    Where is Conan's located? It sounds familiar - has it been around awhile? I remember Hercules gym downtown too
                    Holy shit the old Cal's Gym...I went there for a couple years when i was 18-19 yrs old....that would have been '82-'83 timeframe. That place was scary, enter through the side alley and down the back steps...lol. Carl had a hot young wife too!
                    My routine everytime I got done was to stop at the Byrne dairy next door and get a qt of chocolate milk to drink on the way home.

                    Frequented Hercules for awhile too, both on State St downtown then they moved to Teall ave where it still is today but has become pretty rundown.

                    Conan's is on North Salina. It has opened and closed a couple times but has been around a long time. It has a good amount of space and great hardcore atmosphere. Steve Copani owns it.
                    -KidRok-
                    "...because I won't accept that I can't."


                    www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

                    https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Skip,

                      When and if you come to Dallas, Tx to shoot at Metroflex in Plano, ask Greg about Doug's Gym located in downtown Dallas.

                      Doug’s Gym is the oldest single owner and operated gym in the U.S. It was opened in 1962. Here is their website http://dougsgymdallas.com/

                      Not sure you are aware, but Greg is no longer affiliated with Metroflex. He built a new gym and it is called Destination Dallas. Same hardcore environment, but they now have A/C and showers. Here is their new website: http://destinationdallastexas.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                        How about Mark Bell's new Supertraining gym in Sac? He has a pretty massive following. Or Elite FTS since you do some writing for them.
                        Holy shit. I completely zoned that. I will definitely add the Elite headquarters to the list. I fucked that one up pretty bad. lol Thanks.

                        Skip


                        Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle


                        For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                        Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hop View Post
                          Absolutely, I'm friends with the owner. In fact he was part of our riding group who used to head out on our Harleys, drink beer, shoot guns and raise hell way back when....so you 2 would get along great....lol.
                          It would be even cooler to trailer the bikes there and get some riding footage, too. That is just a damn long way to drive so it likely isn't feasible for the bikes.

                          Skip


                          Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle


                          For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                          Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I knew he built the new gym and I was supposed to be there for the opening but I thought that Destination Dallas was just the motto or slogan they were using while building it. I had no idea that it was the name of the gym and that he was not calling it MetroFlex. Interesting.

                            Um, if I ever get into the gym business I would do exactly what Doug did and have it as old school as possible. That is freakin' awesome.

                            Skip
                            Originally posted by jrf0104 View Post
                            Skip,

                            When and if you come to Dallas, Tx to shoot at Metroflex in Plano, ask Greg about Doug's Gym located in downtown Dallas.

                            Doug’s Gym is the oldest single owner and operated gym in the U.S. It was opened in 1962. Here is their website http://dougsgymdallas.com/

                            Not sure you are aware, but Greg is no longer affiliated with Metroflex. He built a new gym and it is called Destination Dallas. Same hardcore environment, but they now have A/C and showers. Here is their new website: http://destinationdallastexas.com


                            Facebook: Skip Hill
                            Instagram: @intensemuscle
                            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                            TikTok: @intensemuscle


                            For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                            Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                              Layne did a seminar in that gym, which you can find on youtube. We could do whatever you want there.

                              I could probably get Ben Pakulski to stop in for a cameo. Nate Wonsley trains there, too - SUPER nice guy. Janeen Lankowski could come by, as well.

                              -S
                              This is one of my better options and Melissa has a sister down there still in Tampa so we could visit her, as well. I will keep this option at the top of the list.

                              Skip


                              Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle


                              For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                              Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X