• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken Skip Hill
    Judge, Jury and Executioner
    Admin
    • Feb 2004

This is a good read about gluten

Tens of thousands of people gave up gluten and started feeling better, only it's starting to look like it wasn't gluten that was causing the problems.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend
  • -AJA14-
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • Jan 2009

I read it, and actually it is a terrible article.

Lets see,

No.1 Point. Going gluten free wasn't a placebo affect when I have a stool test, that says my intestines, inflame when I eat gluten.

No. 2. Since i cut out gluten, I actually gained weight. It isn't restrictive unless you just ate crap. Plus there are a lot of crap gluten free items, out now.

No. 3. A GF diet doesn't have to be low in foodmaps. You think if you drink 3 pro shakes a day with artificial sweeteners is low in fodmaps., it isn't.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
      Admin
      • Feb 2004

LOL

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
        Admin
        • Feb 2004

Your opinion is noted.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Samsung Note 2

Comment

• 46er
          Lightweight Member
          • Apr 2008

2. If being gluten-free has allowed you to lose weight, consider that it's probably not because you're now free of the opioid-like effects of a mysterious wheat protein, but because most people start to lose weight whenever they start following any diet where they're forced to pay attention to what they're eating. Not only that, but gluten-free diets are pretty restrictive, so you're bound to lose weight.

I suspect this is the case with my reduced gluten "diet."

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
            Admin
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by 46er
            2. If being gluten-free has allowed you to lose weight, consider that it's probably not because you're now free of the opioid-like effects of a mysterious wheat protein, but because most people start to lose weight whenever they start following any diet where they're forced to pay attention to what they're eating. Not only that, but gluten-free diets are pretty restrictive, so you're bound to lose weight.

NO. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM. DAMN IT, IT IS BECAUSE OF THE GLUTEN AND NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL HIM DIFFERENTLY!!!

Seriously, I honestly don't give a fuck if his issue is gluten or not - it matters none to me. I don't have the time to argue it with him nor the desire. What I laugh about isn't that he insists on gluten being so bad and sticking to his guns but rather that he fucking argues with me every chance he gets. He has a history of doing this. I believe the last issue was something to do with cardio. I am to the point now that I just skip over his posts most of the time.

Skip

Comment

• Sammich
              Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625
              • Nov 2005

I like gluten.

And glutes.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

• nexa
                Intense Muscle Competitor
                • Dec 2011

I do like the open hand / closed fist analogy to explain the blunting of villi.

Not that I'll really be seeing much of celiac disease at the county hospital, but it's something to keep in mind.
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM
                "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

• -AJA14-
                  Light-heavyweight Member
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill
                  NO. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM. DAMN IT, IT IS BECAUSE OF THE GLUTEN AND NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL HIM DIFFERENTLY!!!

Seriously, I honestly don't give a fuck if his issue is gluten or not - it matters none to me. I don't have the time to argue it with him nor the desire. What I laugh about isn't that he insists on gluten being so bad and sticking to his guns but rather that he fucking argues with me every chance he gets. He has a history of doing this. I believe the last issue was something to do with cardio. I am to the point now that I just skip over his posts most of the time.

Skip
                  Trust me, it isn't about arguing with you. Someone is full of himself.

It was about the issue, your just the one that posted the article. I would have posted the same thing on the other site, if I was a member there. People like you and him that just has this dismissive attitude, about people being gluten intolerant without having celiac disease that pisses me off.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                    Admin
                    • Feb 2004

Boo Hoo.
                    Like I said before, you argue a lot - no matter the topic.
                    Because I dont have the opinion that you do I am full of myself?
                    I think we both like each other equally.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Samsung Note 2

Comment

• homonunculus
                      Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
                      Admin
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by -AJA14-
                      I read it, and actually it is a terrible article.

Lets see,

No. 2. Since i cut out gluten, I actually gained weight. It isn't restrictive unless you just ate crap. Plus there are a lot of crap gluten free items, out now.

Originally posted by 46er

This could make for an interesting exchange, actually.

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

• Heckman
                        • Feb 2004

This whole gluten/no gluten thing is quite amusing/interesting. My wife was tested, (through blood work) and was deemed gluten intolerant. She stopped gluten period. Then gradually reintroduced it back into her diet.

Fast forward to today. We live in France and she eats as much gluten filled products as she wants...not one effect from it. One would have to wonder about the processing that takes place in the US versus Europe...Brings up a good question, whats the difference? Is there one?
                        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

• MachMood
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2010

Gluten intolerance doesn't mean she sees immediate effect every time. She could
                          Be experiencing some intestinal inflammation nd not feel a thing.

Comment

• 46er
                            Lightweight Member
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by homonunculus

-S
                            I just found myself going hungry, due to no gluten free choices on hand, or for example if we had a meal over pasta at work I would eat a very small portion( of the pasta).

I believe my weight loss was caused a calorie deficit, and not eating less gluten specifically.

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
                              Admin
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by homonunculus

-S
                              He is a mess of contradiction. This happened during our last "debate".

If you have free time, go for it. I am not dealing with the guy. Clearly my demeanor has changed over the years or I would have already destroyed him. Maybe I am just less full of myself?? Nah, that can't be it.

Skip

Comment

Working...