Misleading much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading much?

This is the type of shit that infuriates me. They list protein as the issue and yet fat is what should be being discussed. I sometimes hate studies.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...ntcmp=features

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Wow... there is some stuff they don't show in that article. The study indicates that for those OVER 65 a low protein diet INCREASE cancer mortality and overall mortality... the opposite in what was reported in the age 50-65 population.

They also only used a single 24 hours dietary recall, rather than a longitudinal anysis... and participants self reported.

I'm not scientist...and far from an expert at validating the legitimacy of a study, but not taking into consideration the types of foods each person ate to get their protein would make a significant impact.

Here is the study: http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/...0062-X#Summary
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Not even worth getting angry about this sort of rubbish anymore.

If people bothered to even slightly reasearch the study for 5mins (like Kris), you would see how poorly designed the study is.

Having said that, it is a shame that the general population will take this as gospel and just believe whats in front of them.
      I am not sure it will ever get to a point where the school curiculum is changed to educate kids on how to eat properly or where good nutrition information is printed in papers and on headlines..

Theres always political/money agenda to that sort of news headline.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Skip,

I don't know what worst. This article....or.....the Nuerologist who calls himself a Doctor and Medical Professional blaming fish oil and other supplements for my fatiguing right bicep.

Two sessions of massage therapy and I am so much better. Next is a nerve conduction test.

But seriously.... I don't believe anything I read or hear from articles or doctors anymore lol.

Comment

I'm going on a vegan intermittent fasting carb backloading diet
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
            Dont forget IIFYM bro..gluten and lactose will kill you too

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
              Dont forget IIFYM bro..gluten and lactose will kill you too

Shit, I had a greek yogurt! I'm gonna die!!!!!!

You know what is funny now though, people are going to read this and think meat is bad... demand for meat goes down. Prices go down. We become happy

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

One day a certain food is responsible for cancer, heart problems, etc. Next week it's dubbed a "super food".

A while back I came across an article online stating that popcorn is an up and coming "super food" because it can help prevent cancer. Nutella, made the list too. I'm not even kidding.

Comment

Isn't that already included in a "vegan diet" lol?

Comment

@Ken

I suspect thier are socio-political agendas behind this research and its "marketing".....
                    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                    17 AAU Super Total
                    '16-AAU Hi
                    '15-USPA Metro
                    '15-USPA State
                    '15-AAU HI
                    '14-AAU HI
                    '14-USPA Metro
                    '14-WABDL Sonny's
                    '14-USPA State
                    '14-HI Strongman
                    '13-USPA
                    '13-WABDL Sonny's
                    '13-USPA State
                    '13-AAU HI
                    '11-USPA Metro
                    '10-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-NPC Islands
                    '09-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA IronWorks
                    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                    '01-ABA Olympia
                    '01-ABA Islands
                    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                    '00-INBF Musclefest
                    '98-NGA Ill
                    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Shit, I had a greek yogurt! I'm gonna die!!!!!!

You know what is funny now though, people are going to read this and think meat is bad... demand for meat goes down. Prices go down. We become happy
                      Great. If it lets me save £££s a month. I can see it now~ "Devil organic meat - 10lbs of bison for £4/$8.

Comment

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS.

I think we are gonna be great partners in crime. Quick, let's buy all the meat, freeze all of it in a block of ice, then sell it when meat is back on demand.
                        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                          @Ken

I suspect thier are socio-political agendas behind this research and its "marketing".....
                          Could you elaborate ?

I'm thinking we are thinking the same thing.
                          Last edited by 0001Delta; 03-05-2014, 04:21 PM.
                          "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                            YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS.

I think we are gonna be great partners in crime. Quick, let's buy all the meat, freeze all of it in a block of ice, then sell it when meat is back on demand.
                            Hell yeah! and you sir are looking freaking JACKED! Awesome work brother. Leaner and bigger! Sorry I don't go into people's training logs like I should... It's just I feel bad commenting on one person and not another and the my day goes to shit spending it in people training logs....

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Hell yeah! and you sir are looking freaking JACKED! Awesome work brother. Leaner and bigger! Sorry I don't go into people's training logs like I should... It's just I feel bad commenting on one person and not another and the my day goes to shit spending it in people training logs....
                              Thanks man!

I'm not posting on my log that much, just updating it here and there with some pics and major info. Been busy running my gym (I own one now!) and I'm already posting on two other big forums trying to get myself a sponsor so I can compete this year; then there's my youtube thing I'm working on.

Comment

Working...
                              X