• My interview is up on John Meadow's site

www.MountainDogDiet.com

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

It's a double whammy this month from Intensemuscle: I've got an article up over there, "Are you a Man or a Mouse?"

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Great interview Skip!

And Scott, the article you wrote this month was one of my favorite. It was pretty interesting how you went about comparing animal studies to the implications for humans.

For those on the edge of getting a membership to John's site, just do it, period. Pay $8/month for interesting interviews, no B.S. diet and training information and some cool sciencey stuff a la Homon....no brainer.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        Great interview Skip!

And Scott, the article you wrote this month was one of my favorite. It was pretty interesting how you went about comparing animal studies to the implications for humans.

For those on the edge of getting a membership to John's site, just do it, period. Pay $8/month for interesting interviews, no B.S. diet and training information and some cool sciencey stuff a la Homon....no brainer.
        Glad you liked it!!!

Fascinating stuff, IMO. That could be a piece to start off quite a discussion about the relative importance of non-training related factors. There are also many limitations to extending those animal studies to humans doing full body resistance training, but it would have made for thousands more words...

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I have to read your articles so slooooowly so that I understand them, Scott. lol

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            I have to read your articles so slooooowly so that I understand them, Scott. lol

Skip
            LOL - I'm a wordy fucker at times, I know.

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I thought it was very well written, actually. Honestly, I think you are much better at explaining things in a simpler form than you used to.

Skip

sent from Skip's Samsung Note 2

Comment

I thought it was very well written, actually. Honestly, I think you are much better at explaining things in a simpler form than you used to.

Skip
                Thanks, Ken. John keeps me in line (reminds me to have a bottom line), but rarely does any editing. I had to flip the switch to make things down n' dirty when I started writing for Musclemag.

I think it's helped make me a better thinker. When I read review articles or some science-related pieces that just list the results of several studies, one after another, I cringe and kind of wonder what kind of real synthesis the author has made. Few people want to read or can get much from that kind of writing.

(Still working my way through your interview, which I might save for a plane ride this weekend. You answered a SHITLOAD of questions, it looks like.)

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Speaking of MuscleMag, I haven't written much for them this year. Maybe John wants My Just Sayin' column on his site, too. lol

Skip

Comment

Speaking of MuscleMag, I haven't written much for them this year. Maybe John wants My Just Sayin' column on his site, too. lol

Skip
                    LOL - Could be! I seemed like you were puttin' on of those out every month, though?... (Maybe not?...)

-S
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I was in 2011 (the end) and then all of 2012 but 2013 has been only one so far. They are way behind on .... things. I think I have 4 or 5 articles submitted but they haven't run yet.

Skip

Comment

I was in 2011 (the end) and then all of 2012 but 2013 has been only one so far. They are way behind on .... things. I think I have 4 or 5 articles submitted but they haven't run yet.

Skip
                        Hmmm. I hope they keep it together. Would hate to see things fall apart just after Bob K. passes away.

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          Hmmm. I hope they keep it together. Would hate to see things fall apart just after Bob K. passes away.

-S
                          Agreed.

I have more info but I would need to go to PMs.

Skip

Comment

You both better keep writing somewhere, I've been reading over there a lol too.

Comment

Anyone that knows you two should feel fortunate that IM is a free site. 20 years ago you couldn't get a fraction of this knowledge. IM has it all in one site. Both articles were very informing, and so much above the norm. Anyone that pays for a muscle magazine should rethink it if it doesn't include writing from some of the people on this site.
                              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Working...
                              X