The latest TEAM SKIP experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest TEAM SKIP experiment

I am starting this thread to explain the latest TEAM SKIP experiment that is wrapping up and for clients involved to post their opinions on how things have gone and what they think about the experiment.

Basically, the premise was to see if there would be a way to "cookie cutter" the Skipload plan/diet so that those that can't work with me would have some sort of template to work from. I wanted to simplify it as much as possible and even though it wouldn't be as efficient as working with me, it could still work well for almost anyone as long as they stuck to the protocol.

The main factor in this experiment was what I call a floating Skipload day. Basically, the diet was set up so that it would ideally not have to be changed, at all. Every time you dropped at least 1 pound below baseline, you were to Skipload for 3 hours. It didn't matter what day of the week it was and it didn't matter if you just Skiploaded 3 days prior, you were to Skipload again. The load didn't get bigger or smaller it stayed at 3 hours the entire time.

I leave it to my clients in the experiment to give their opinions.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

i'll chime in here

for me, the concept of a floating skipload day looked good at the outset, before the experiment i tended to lose 2lbs a week so by that logic i would be skiploading approx twice a week or thereabouts, but after a while the uncertainty and suddenness played havoc with me - not because of the idea which i think is great, but because of my work schedule

on the old pathway i would load every sunday so it was easily plannable and you'd look forward to that day knowing you were loading that day

i think its an excellent idea because you have to drop a lb and then load so its almost like you get to celebrate each individual lb

overall i'd say its a thumbs up from me, just i sometimes found it incompatible with the shifts i work

i'm sure those who stayed tight and completed it will echo the positives behind the idea

Comment

When I first started this I thought wow skiploading whenever you loose a pound this will be awesome. And it was. My brother does the normal way where its every sunday so I got to see that.

I usually lost at least a pound to two pounds a week so I got to skipload once or twice a week which was nice. My brother even got jealous =] I liked it a lot because it was kind of a suprise when you would get to skipload. It could be any day of the week.

I really enjoyed this method and experiment. and deffiently think people should try it. But I do agree with fatty about the uncertantity if you have a job or are in school it makes it a little harder but most the time you can fit it around your schedule since its a 3 hour skip load.

Deffenitly gets a thumbs up.

Comment

So you wake up, weigh in, if you come in below baseline you Skipload for three hours and then go back on your regular diet. Correct? Did you find it easier or harder to get in meals after the 3 hour Skipload (metabolism running hot vs feeling somewhat bloated from the load)?

If it was a scheduled training day, would you still train later that day after the load? If so I'm guessing that made for some good workouts.

What kind of weight gain would you see the day after the 3 hour Skipload?

This is cool! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yeah so lets say the day before you were 199.3 you would need to get to 198.3 to be able to skip load and then that would be your new baseline to loose a pound from.

sometimes it was harder to get the meals in and sometimes it was pretty easy depended on the skipload for me.

but if it was a workout day i would train first then skipload right after.

The weight usually fluctuated i mean I skiploaded today gained about 8 pounds.

Comment

Anymore updates or feedback on this? I think it looks brilliantly simple and would ensure constant progress.

Comment

Originally posted by smookey View Post
              Anymore updates or feedback on this? I think it looks brilliantly simple and would ensure constant progress.
              I agree. Beauty in simplicity. Can anyone comment on any quantitative results they saw, or perhaps post pictures before and after?

Comment

i am assuming dieting with a moderate deficit ~ 500cals? and with no carbs aside from the loads?

did you guys (clients) continue to lose weight/fat at the same rate?

Comment

This is very interesting and would be very easy for anyone to fallow. I could see how work could be an issue with some people ( my job included ) and getting use to random loads vs knowing that your going to load the same day every week. Really great idea for an experiment Skip, look forward to more responses.

Comment

Skip: so if the floating load day fell on a training day did you load PWO or do something else?

Comment

i think the reason people may not be chiming in is because the experiment is not yet over, i guess people could post their feelings in here but they might wanna wait to finish then allow skip to analyse the results before he gives them out

Comment

When you weigh yourself to see if you drop below baseline is this at the same time everyday? Or do you check throughout the day?

Very interesting concept.

Comment

same time everyday, most likely first thing in the morning upon waking

Comment

The amount of carbs during the week does not have to be zero. That is a common misconception that I work hard to clarify. Depletion does not mean that you have to be taking in zero carbs. Some guys can deplete just fine on 200g of carbs a day. It depends on the person.

Skip
                            Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                            i am assuming dieting with a moderate deficit ~ 500cals? and with no carbs aside from the loads?

did you guys (clients) continue to lose weight/fat at the same rate?

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Same time of day - after you wake up before food or water and after releasing bladder and bowels.

Skip
                              Originally posted by keith_h View Post
                              When you weigh yourself to see if you drop below baseline is this at the same time everyday? Or do you check throughout the day?

Very interesting concept.

Comment

Working...
                              X