What a mess this turned into tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess this turned into tonight

I received a text and then an email with the subject "can you believe this bullshit?"

I read what was sent to all 32 teams and it listed Jimmy as basically the one that outed this scandal. Talk about being black listed.

I have had a couple lengthy conversations with him about this and he is pissed. I won't say too much here because I don't want anything I say used against Jimmy or taken out of context, etc, but I will say that I know him pretty well - we have spent a lot of time together over the last 5 years, I know his wife well and his kids, too, and I consider him a close friend as he does me.

He not only didn't give an interview but the league seems to have really fucked up by listing his name as a whistle blower.

Here are a few links of what went down tonight: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...edy-denies-it/

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...my_kenned.html

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

The NFL can be similar to other jobs when it comes to how people socialize. Would you say Jimmy is the type that just goes to work and gets the job done, and has good "work friendships", or does he keep tight with people outside as well. Not everyone wants to hang out with people they work with outside of work. Unfortunately if that is the situation I can see this being even tougher on him. I hope they settle down on this crap, leave it alone, and move on. I can only imagine what the old timers would thing of the sport today.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

What a bunch of BS...what is Goddell thinking? Feel bad for Jimmy to be drug through this and his family.
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Wow... I feel really bad for Jimmy that he got the short end of the stick. I hope the truth comes out and he no longer has to deal with this.

The NFL, and particularly Goodell, have really made themselves look unprofessional in this matter. Exposing the name of a player in a memorandum as a whistleblower? That is like the league blackballing that individual for life and what is even worse is that the league put out the memo before even having of the facts straight. From what I've read, they have not investigated and found solid facts to support the allegations of Jimmy as a whistleblower. Like any organization, there should be protection for someone in the event that they do have to blow the whistle on someone. Any whistleblower should be kept anonymous unless they have to be identified as part of the legal process.

Hypothetically, what if in the heat of the game, an individual tells their coach that he believes the opposing team is playing with malicious intent to injure....what is wrong with that? That is not blowing the whistle, that is looking out for your teammates.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Wow. Can Roger Goodell please step down before he runs football into the ground?

It was wrong that they outed Jimmy as a whistleblower. And if Skip, a standup guy who does more for this sport for FREE than people who will charge you, says he is a great guy, I 100% believe that. But so what if he did say something? It should have stayed confidential, but once again, so what if he did say it?

If I know players from an opposing team are getting bonused to go out of their way to end my friend's career, then why the fuck would I sit silently? We are talking about people's livelihoods. If you injure someone in pro sports, you can literally be costing them millions, if not tens of millions of dollars. Now, if someone was trying to hurt a friend of yours and was trying to take millions of dollars away from them in the process, what would you do?

Comment

For one, his name never should have been brought up even "IF" he was the whistle blower, if I call OSHA on my job they aren't sending a letter that has my name in it or I won't have a job for long. I smell Defamation of Character lawsuit coming quickly, if there is no evidence because this never took place. Maybe the NFL was attempting to use him as a Scapegoat.

EDIT:I went back and searched but I couldn't find it,I stand correctedand sorry for the misquote
            Last edited by DCBliever; 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM.
            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Hold on, I didnt say anythimg about him "moving" on anything, for the record.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Galaxy Note

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                Hold on, I didnt say anythimg about him "moving" on anything, for the record.

Skip

I apologize I thought you said he was, "moving on" as in away from playing and pursuing other endeavors, not to be confused with "moving" on anything related to this.

EDIT:I went back and searched but I couldn't find it, I stand corrected and sorry for the misquote
                Last edited by DCBliever; 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM.
                For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Roger Goodell is a drama queen. He's one of those aloof assholes that thinks he's bigger than the game. I hope Jimmy files a defamation lawsuit against the NFL....it'd be nice to see someone knock the NFL off their perch......
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

No worries.

Slip

Comment

Is love for him to have a lawsuit but I don't know if he does. He is gonna have to show some sort of damage...prove he can't get a job cause of this... Taking every word he says as true (I'm sure it is, don't want that to sound like I'm doubting him) I don't really see any lawsuit. I don't see how he was defamed...sure we can look at this and say calling someone a rat is defamation but I doubt a court would see it the same.

If I was him I would try and file just to try and get coppies of EVERYTHING to show I didn't rat.

Peace.
                      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                      Nicki Minaj

Comment

Your legal opinion has been noted, Dun.

I wont speak for Jimmy or his agent/attorney but I think logic would say that if you are considered or outed as a "snitch", you probably wont get a chance to get picked up by a team.

I think I will leave that determination to Jimmy and CAA Sports.

Skip

Comment

I have seen every Entourage episode numerous times and Jerry Maguire. If Jimmy needs any agent advice, he can call me. But not during "The Wheel."

That is very bad business on the part of the NFL. WTF were they thinking?
                          2005 HOA Natural Classic
                          2006 OCB Midwest
                          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                          2008 HOA Natural Classic
                          NPC Mid-Illinois
                          NPC Midwest Open
                          NPC Natural Grand Prix
                          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                          USPA Illinois State
                          NGA Heart of America
                          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I have certainly seen cases where defamation by an employer or other group led to significant damages/relief. Realistically though, the value of a lawsuit may not be any monetary penalty, but I chance to affirmatively assert that this is untrue by taking legal action against the NFL on the basis that it is untrue. (Clearing his good name and all that). Less of a purely legal issue and one of reputation.

Don't construe this as legal advice, anyone.

Comment

Skip maybe you should step up and say it was YOU that told the NFL... you could pull it off. All you black guys look a like

"The visible become inevitable"

Sent from my illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
                              SweatMachine
                              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Working...
                              X