• Tricep Article is LIVE on MuscleMag.com

http://www.musclemag.com/muscle-buil.../#.UFJlvY2PXp4

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Nice article, I didn't start experiencing great tricep growth until I started doing overhead tricep movements and PJR pullovers. As you said, heavy presses only take your triceps so far.

Comment

Love high rep Skip extensions!
      "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

On board TEAM SKIP

Comment

I couldn't picture "Skip Extensions", I googled it. Is this guy doing it right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc0hrBrjKVs
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

That dude is crazy good looking.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I have been doing Skip Extensions for a long time. Probably my favorite tri movement. However, this morning I did the workout in the article. I am not use to doing three overhead tri movements in the same workout. Good stuff. Could feel it deep down in the muscle. Should be good and sore tomorrow.
            Save 5% off your entire order at TrueProtein.com by using discount code LYP800; 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

For a protein that can be used anytime, try TeamSkip Blend

You will need a scoop if you don’t have one: Measuring Scoops

Comment

Another great article. This is great. Just another example why you are also "That Training Guy" too! Skip aint no one trick pony. Love this stuff! I couldn't agree more. I like how you use the tricep press downs to warm up the joint also.

One question skip: For a newer bodybuilder would you prefer they concentrate on getting stronger on the major mass builders and limit direct arm work? Maybe only 1-2 movements to target the long head. Then as they become more advanced add more movements? Or would you cycle the volume to see what works best for the individual? As it is would you say this routine would be for intermediate to advanced trainee as opposed to a beginner? This may be a no brainer, but I figured I'd clarify.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I just tried these out yesterday and I'm still getting elbow pain; changed hand position, elbow flare, elbow position, all that jazz.

The pain is slight so should I just chalk it up as a necessary evil or nix it? This goes for all overhead types of extensions, not just Skip extensions.

I really wanna do them because my long head is a tiny head
                Max Muscle
                5020 Katella Ave.
                Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                  I just tried these out yesterday and I'm still getting elbow pain; changed hand position, elbow flare, elbow position, all that jazz.

The pain is slight so should I just chalk it up as a necessary evil or nix it? This goes for all overhead types of extensions, not just Skip extensions.

I was having elbow pain a little with the EZ-bar as well. I moved to the cables with a V-bar or rope... still get crazy good pump in the long head but less elbow pain... worth a shot before you nix em'.
                  "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

You should use more of a jerky, twisting motion with lots of momentum...just kidding, please don't. I do like Max's idea.
                    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Less weight, more reps

Comment

Maybe wear a real thin sleeve over your elbows. I can't do the 2 arm one DB because of wrist pain and two arm narrow EZ bar is almost the same.

Comment

Originally posted by proplanner View Post
                          Love high rep Skip extensions!
                          x2

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
                            Maybe wear a real thin sleeve over your elbows. I can't do the 2 arm one DB because of wrist pain and two arm narrow EZ bar is almost the same.
                            Go wider on the EZ bar. Most people go with the natural, normal grip that is narrow but I recommend most go with the grip that you would use if you were doing standing barbell curls with the EZ bar. This should take the stress off of the wrists, big time.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                              Less weight, more reps
                              Bingo.

Or, be SURE you are plenty warm enough when you start them. If you need more sets of pressdowns to fully warm up, do more.

If you just cannot do them due to pain, don't do them. Everyone has an exercise here or there that they just cannot do without pain.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X