Hormone issues? We can fix that, too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hormone issues? We can fix that, too.

One of the things that makes it incredibly difficult for some women to get into shape or get back into shape is if they are having hormone issues. Monica came to me after working with another prep guy and wanted to get on stage but was having issues with low estrogen and had struggled quite a bit trying to lose body fat. Her goal was to get on stage so we had to figure out what the hormone issues were and get those right before much of anything was going to happen in the way of losing body fat or getting anywhere near a stage in the condition needed to compete.

I have a lot of experience with women and hormone issues all the way back to my wife's issues when she was para-menopausal at 30 and then when she had her full hysterectomy at 33 due to terribly bad endometriosis. If your hormones are all over the place, losing body fat and getting into shape is incredibly difficult and almost impossible to do.

Monica competed at the Master's Nationals last weekend and was ecstatic after we accomplished what she wasn't sure we could accomplish.

GREAT job, Monica, and I look forward to working with her in the future!

Skip
    Attached Files

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Do you recommend a full panel for women getting started?
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

If there is any reason for them to think there are hormone issues, yes.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Did this client know she was having estrogen issues prior to coming to you, or was it something she realized through the initial phases of the process?

Comment

Good work Skip and Monica!
          This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength
          or the rich man boast of his riches,
          but let him who boasts boast about this:
          that he understands and knows me,
          that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
          justice and righteousness on earth,
          for in these I delight," declares the LORD.
          --Jeremiah 9:23-24

JESUS IS LORD!

Comment

Without giving anything out could you give some general guidelines at things to address?

I have a female who is 285lbs currently, works out at my gym, has done done the last 2 bootcamp classes we have offered, (20 weeks total). She started at 320lbs... and is really struggling to lose the weight. She had Plataea'd at 300lbs, and I got her dropping some more weight by fasting 1 day/week. She recently got blood work done and found that her progesterone levels were out of wack and her OBGYN put her on oral contraceptives...

I'm not asking for you to do any plan for her or anything like that... I simply am not familiar with working with a lot of females. I don't train her or anything, she is simply a member at my club who busts her but (only taking in 1300-1600 calories most days), and is working out 7 days per week.

My thoughts are that she is doing too much, and too low on calories. But any tips or things I should look at would be greatly appreciated if it's not asking too much.

If i'm out of line in asking just tell me to shut up and move on :-)
            -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
            -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
            198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
            -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
            198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
            -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
            198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

I think the 1st place a person with out of balance hormones should go is to an endocrinologist, not a personal trainer. Hormonal issues can be a sign of serious underlying medical conditions like cancer. I am not in any way trying to bash Skip at all. I just think that posting on FB that you can fix hormone issues (true as is may be) is opening the door for trouble.

I think the best situations are when the patient puts the trainer and doctor in contact and the two work together to help get the person into shape in a healthy manner.

Scope of practice.
              Last edited by Lee Salado; 07-26-2012, 03:59 PM.
              Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Awesome work! Being able to deal with hormonal issues and achieve the condition she did is a huge accomplishment.

Kudos to both of you.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

So, is doing research on the internet and trying to treat yourself just as dangerous?

Let's be clear here: I haven't said what we did to get her hormones balanced and under control so no one here knows whether it is dangerous or not.

In addition to that, no one knows whether she had seen or was seeing an endo either by my recommendation or not.

I don't ever pretend to be a Doctor or a medical professional so be very clear that this is not at all what I was saying. If someone comes to me and has low testosterone and he takes a couple recommended supplements, changes his training so that he isn't overtrained and gets his nutritional plan ironed out and then his testosterone is higher, is that the same thing? He should have seen an endo?

Most people that go to an endo with slightly out of whack hormones won't get anything but chastized by an endo when they say that they want to lose weight and have a better quality of life and ask for supplementation.

You are reading into what I am saying.

And God do I hate being called a trainer.

Skip
                  Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                  I think the 1st place a person with out of balance hormones should go is to an endocrinologist, not a personal trainer. Hormonal issues can be a sign of serious underlying medical conditions like cancer. I am not in any way trying to bash Skip at all. I just think that posting on FB that you can fix hormone issues (true as is may be) is opening the door for trouble.

I think the best situations are when the patient puts the trainer and doctor in contact and the two work together to help get the person into shape in a healthy manner.

Scope of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                    Did this client know she was having estrogen issues prior to coming to you, or was it something she realized through the initial phases of the process?
                    She knew she was having minor issues but didn't see that it was directly impacting her ability to progress and get to the condition that she wanted to attain.

Skip

Comment

I won't tell you to shut up but I will say that I have worked with enough women with out of whack hormones either due to age, weight, health, etc., that I don't want to give out anything. lol

Skip
                      Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
                      Without giving anything out could you give some general guidelines at things to address?

I have a female who is 285lbs currently, works out at my gym, has done done the last 2 bootcamp classes we have offered, (20 weeks total). She started at 320lbs... and is really struggling to lose the weight. She had Plataea'd at 300lbs, and I got her dropping some more weight by fasting 1 day/week. She recently got blood work done and found that her progesterone levels were out of wack and her OBGYN put her on oral contraceptives...

I'm not asking for you to do any plan for her or anything like that... I simply am not familiar with working with a lot of females. I don't train her or anything, she is simply a member at my club who busts her but (only taking in 1300-1600 calories most days), and is working out 7 days per week.

My thoughts are that she is doing too much, and too low on calories. But any tips or things I should look at would be greatly appreciated if it's not asking too much.

If i'm out of line in asking just tell me to shut up and move on :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        She knew she was having minor issues but didn't see that it was directly impacting her ability to progress and get to the condition that she wanted to attain.

Skip
                        So that's the issue you recommended she check into, I'm presuming.

Sorry I'm so inquisitive, I'm just curious about this process for a female.

How long did it take for you to recognize the hormone problem as her obstacle?

Comment

I don't recall how long it took but I would guess it to be about 4-5 weeks. Things just kept coming up as odd and there just was little to no response to changes.

I will just say that the changes and plan her and I put into place allowed her to achieve the condition that she was looking for and remember that in the past she struggled and was unable to achieve the desired condition.

Skip

Comment

I don't recall how long it took but I would guess it to be about 4-5 weeks. Things just kept coming up as odd and there just was little to no response to changes.

I will just say that the changes and plan her and I put into place allowed her to achieve the condition that she was looking for and remember that in the past she struggled and was unable to achieve the desired condition.

Skip
                            Thanks.

Clearly the changes got her into excellent condition. Another example of how the plan works.

Comment

Most people that go to an endo with slightly out of whack hormones won't get anything but chastized by an endo when they say that they want to lose weight and have a better quality of life and ask for supplementation.
                              Skip
                              Right on the money. As you are well aware that that is what happened to Kiki, not once but twice. They both said it was "in her head". Needless to say, she told each of them to fuck off and you know the rest of the story.
                              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Working...
                              X