Sturgis/Michigan Shape Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturgis/Michigan Shape Up

After going a full week after the show and eating whatever I want, not training and just resting. My condition has gone to shit and I feel lethargic and run down. Go figure. lol

I am looking forward to getting back in the gym on Monday and getting back on track with diet, cardio, etc.. We go to Sturgis every year for our Anniversary and we look forward to this trip because it a TON of fun. But ... I can't show up looking like a fatty. I gotta look sharp going white trash with no shirt (or I might get a vest as I have wanted one for a while now).

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and post pics of how fast my condition goes to shit as some of you simply don't believe me when I say how fast it goes and how bad I can look in a week. Clearly, most of my weight is water weight but I have added some fat, as well, I am sure. I am GUESSING that I will likely be about 202-203 by the time I get all of the water off but I am probably a not full hydrated 215 right now with pretty swollen ankles. I am holding enough water that I am likely going to be cramping by mid-week as it comes off. I am pretty sure by next weekend I will be looking pretty sharp again. So, I figured I would detail my weight and show before and after pics to how the sharp contrast in condition and weight, etc..

I will have 2 full weeks to train and diet back into good condition in the low 200s and then I have about 3 days the following week as we will leave for Sturgis on Thursday morning the 9th getting there later in the afternoon (it is about a 6 hour ride from our house outside of Denver) and then be there until we ride back from Sturgis Sunday morning. I actually will keep my diet tight while there Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday because I have to travel to Michigan a couple days after getting back from Sturgis for my step-sister's wedding on the 18th. I not only want to be in good shape for that but I also will be doing a seminar the FOLLOWING weekend after the wedding in Michigan, as well. So, I will be training in Michigan and staying in shape for the seminar so that people don't wonder why the guy talking about eating Fruity Pebbles and Pringles all day to get lean, is a fat ass.

After the trip to Michigan and the seminar are out of the way, I will take a break and simply enjoy some foo foo training for a few months letting my diet slide enough that I can enjoy eating normal but still quite healthy. I plan to do a lot of Whole Foods type of foods like organic burgers and lasagna and quinoa salads along with a steak here and there and going out to enjoy Denver's best burgers on Sundays as opposed to traditional Skiploading. As most of you know, this gives my body a break, keeps me well-rested and injury free but just as importantly it sets my body up for huge success after the first of the year. I feel strongly that this year was so productive due to the rest that I allowed my body to take at the end of 2011.

It won't be a long journal but this one should still be fun for the next 3 to 4 weeks. I will post a lot of pictures from Sturgis and Michigan, as well.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

My Dad rides to sturgis every year from Illinois...he won't let me ride on the back....lol
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

This will be good.

Comment

I'm interested to read this as well.
        Skip, do you think your condition goes to shit faster than most? I get the sense that's what your saying.

Comment

Looking forward to this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
          [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
          Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

It goes to shit faster than most, yes. However, I can make a turnaround and get into condition very quickly, as well. It has its advantages.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I am interested as well. I thought it was only my body that went to complete shit after a week of poor dieting.

Comment

Current Weight: 221
                Pre-show weight from a leanness standpoint (not the weight that I weighed in at for the show as that was a manipulated weight for conditioning): 196

Ok .... Thank God I am back at it today. I have felt miserable and lethargic and I am holding a TON of water. The pics will show this but what they don't show as well is how big my gut is. Holy shit. I am breathing deep every 30 seconds it seems. I am also concerned that I will be cramping by mid-week after this water starts to fall off quickly.

I am going back to the exact diet that I was using prior to the show and I am going to be training the same way, as well, minus the Saturday session of just arms. I think I should be ok to train arms with shoulders on Fridays without running out of gas, too badly. I obviously will have my volume down some, from what it was the last week or two prior to the show. If I don't drop it a bit, I will probably be cripplingly sore and I don't want that.

I plan to approach the weights with the same intensity as I did before the show because it has only been about 1.5 weeks that I haven't trained, anyway. This is only slightly longer than a cruise week and I have a lot of calories in me so my joints should feel fine and I should be plenty strong. I will not go as heavy as I possibly can, though, instead likely going about 80% but still getting after it from an intensity standpoint.

I will have to watch my back, as well, due to holding so much water and from my gut being bigger. The last thing I need is an injury the first week back due to not being careful.

I will report back tonight after training and do an update.

Here are the pics from this morning at 221.

Skip
                Attached Files

Comment

Dayuum Skip! That was a lot of shit facing yourself with some good food, that's for sure! I am really interested to seeing how quickly you get back into decent condition. This is going to be really good and I will learn much from your own experience!

Sent from SuperHuman's Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, in those pics your condition is absolutely horrible Skip....lol
                    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

cankles.jpg
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        I couldnt carry this last weekend because I could barely button my fucking shorts. That is sad. You did see the indentation showing the edema, right? Nasty.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Galaxy Note

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                          I know right !!!!

Comment

You're such a hog.

Fucker...still have veins that have striations. :p
                            You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

All of you suck. Lol

I gained almost 30 pounds over my stage weight.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Galaxy Note

Comment

Working...
                              X