• Slappy and Coach - MuscleMag.com Rant is LIVE

http://www.musclemag.com/culture/i-h.../#.UKQpRYfAfXQ

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

It is sad, especially a non working parent, unless finances were too tight or whatever, but still, too many parents these days lean on others way too much to take after their kids. Being a volunteer at our sons elementary school, we see the parents drive up, shove em out, and peel out of the parking lot without a care in the world. To me, being selfish is one annoyance, but being selfish to your own kid is grounds for a beating.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Great positive message Skip!

Your Rants are always a great little read and this one is no exception.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Skip, I agree with you and it is unfortunate that this exists. I think some of it is about the more consumer driven and me-me-me attitude of society. Most people will know that the most important thing is family, but others, not so much. The thing I believe we can take from this is to pay even more attention to your family (kids, wife, husband, parents) so that they don't miss out.
        My Log: Back to Basics

Comment

TeddyD, if only you were rt and MOST people understood what was important.

Skip,
          Great article but I think you have to understand that these poor parents need their "me time". I mean they love their kids....they bought them a glove didn't they? I am sure they are wonderful parents....just ask them.

Seriously though...many of your rants cover much more than BBing if people bother to think about what's really being said but from a totally different perspective I find people like these so frustrating and annoying its ain't funny. As a 42 year old man that wants NOTHING more than children it is a totally different angle I see these people from as someone that has children. Probably just as sad as you see it but in a different way. I've coached kids (helped a family member with a kid on the team...coaches without kids involved creep me out) and see this and worse but I have also done volunteer work with ARC and they give "special" children 'jobs' (some areas have candy shops, some make jewlery, some have bakerys, etc...) But they do it so the kids feel useful, feel wanted and feel like they contribute.... I've waited with kids for over an hour for their mom to pick them up...kids just staring out the Windows and waiting...parents will send people late to get the kids without informing anyone, show up late AND be in a rush, etc... These kids will look crushed but still run to mom when she finally shows....its so sad to see.

Ah I know I am rambling so...great rant skip.
          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
          Nicki Minaj

Comment

I have coached alot of different sports over the last ten years, and it still amazes me that like Mark said, alot of parents shove the kids outta the car and drive away....sports have become an almost free babysitter for a lot of parents. Honestly, my parents were never involved in my athletics, and for the most part very rarely got me to and from practice, games, etc. I was fairly good at what I played and had some great coaches who were willing to play taxi service for me so I could continue. By the time I got to be a sophomore in high school, the parental support was so non existent that I just stopped participating, in everything.

That is the main reason why I coach my son in certain sports and support them in their decisions to play. And to counter Dun's comment about coaches with no kids on the team, I personally think they are better coaches for that specific reason....they have no bias and can be impartial when making coaching decisions, as they don't feel any pressure to play their own kid. I have coached for a long time, almost year round most years, both with my son and on teams with none of my kids on them.....some people can separate themselves from their expectations of their kid, but more times than not, it can get very ugly between father and son out on the field.....we have an upper level football team I town that all the coaches do not have kids on the team....this is the way I like it....no drama....lol
            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Great rant as usual Skip.
              My Dad has worked doing concreting for as long as I can remember. He never made it to my games When i was young as he is self employed as works Saturdays to this day. Luckily for me my mum was always there and now that I think about it it means alot to have that support.
              Though my dad did make it to my bodybuilding show a few years back and that meant alot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by Triple Joe; 05-25-2012, 10:32 PM.
              Team Skip Athlete

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                X