Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Sayin' Rant 1 - Men's Physique WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Sayin' Rant 1 - Men's Physique WTF?

http://www.musclemag.com/culture/men.../#.UKQkSofAfXQ

If you don't like it, lie.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

traitor.

personally I do not think that a bald 47 yo like me will have a chance to be hot , even at a buck fifty...
    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
    J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
      traitor.

personally I do not think that a bald 47 yo like me will have a chance to be hot , even at a buck fifty...
      lol

I'm not switching sides, just branching out.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

For anyone that reads it, if you like it, please "like" it as I am going to work hard to get this column as much exposure as I can with it just starting out.

Thanks!

Skip

Comment

If I saw YOU on stage with a 29 inch waist, I'd automatically assume you had cancer, and start planning my flight to Co. Awesome article Skip, I think this is definitely gonna be a good read throughout.
          …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

I really liked the article, I thought it was an interesting way to look at physique from both sides of the equation. While I'm not sure if it will negatively effect bodybuilding at all, I'm sure that physique has a place to help more of a mainstream audience come view a competition.

I have competed in the past as a lightweight @ 155 lbs, (I'm 67 inches tall). I was wondering what thoughts you guys may have on physical differences a lightweight competitor may have from a physique one? Is it leg development? Is it a more dense look? Is it conditioning?

Sorry if this counts as a thread hijack. That was not my intention, it just got me thinking.
            The mind once enlightened, cannot again become dark. -- Thomas Paine.

Comment

I really liked the way you showed your thought process in looking at both sides of the Men's Physique division. It really leaves one to think about what will become of this Division in the future given what has happened with Women's Bodybuilding.

Overall, with how unhealthy our society has become, I am very supportive of anything that leads to a healthier lifestyle and to be in model shape year round certainly requires monitoring of one's health and nutrition. Although many may not agree with the idea of bringing Men's Physique to bodybuilding, it certainly does draw more attention to competitive scene as a whole and based on what Skip says about these guys being overall good people, they may help as being positive ambassabors to outside world in promoting healthier lifestyles.

Just my opinion..."just sayin'" lol

Great work Skip!
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Interesting you wrote this. I was gonna message you regarding something similar to this that we touched on that you mentioned in the article too. And even more interesting of an article given the big reaction physique has caused during discussion in that thread recently. Think it was well written and got your style/personality out there well.
                Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I liked the article. Very unbiased.

It would be awesome if they came up with a division that was a cross between pure, modern bodybuilding and men's physique. Something like a classic division or something...I still think the physiques of the 70's are the best looking. It would be cool to bring that back.

Comment

I'm trying to get up to 180 (currently 157 @5'-4). Now I'm thinking about getting a shit load of Hydroxycut and leaning down to 125 so I can look "HOT" for my wife (still won't be able to play basket ball at my height). LOL
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Thanks for the props and I am very happy that the article is being well-received. I haven't heard from my physique friends, yet, though.

It is hard telling where this division will go at this early stage. I mean, it could end up being that they change the board shorts to allow for judging of legs, too. I just don't know at this point.

To answer the question posted earlier about what the differences are between bodybuilding as a lightweight and physique, it is day and night, still. Even bodybuilders in smaller weight classes still look like bodybuilders - ie; ripped, blown up proportions and, of course, big legs. The physique division isn't solely about about a lower bodyweight. It is about smaller proportions and a more athletic look vs. a bodybuilder look. These guys could still be using gear but it isn't likely and even if they do, it isn't abused like in bodybuilding so the sport is generally healthier from that standpoint and from keeping body weight lower in their "off season". I don't see the physique guys "bulking up" in the off season and even figure girls don't stay as lean as the physique guys seem to in the off season. What does that say about the figure girls? lol

Honestly, I will go on record saying that if they would just legs in physique, I would be on board 100%. I am still on board at about 80% as I really think this division is very marketable and gives people a chance at modeling and endorsements much more than bodybuilding because the mainstream will not shun their look. The only hang up I have is that they aren't judged on their overall physique when the lower body is left out of the equation.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        Thanks for the props and I am very happy that the article is being well-received. I haven't heard from my physique friends, yet, though.

It is hard telling where this division will go at this early stage. I mean, it could end up being that they change the board shorts to allow for judging of legs, too. I just don't know at this point.

To answer the question posted earlier about what the differences are between bodybuilding as a lightweight and physique, it is day and night, still. Even bodybuilders in smaller weight classes still look like bodybuilders - ie; ripped, blown up proportions and, of course, big legs. The physique division isn't solely about about a lower bodyweight. It is about smaller proportions and a more athletic look vs. a bodybuilder look. These guys could still be using gear but it isn't likely and even if they do, it isn't abused like in bodybuilding so the sport is generally healthier from that standpoint and from keeping body weight lower in their "off season". I don't see the physique guys "bulking up" in the off season and even figure girls don't stay as lean as the physique guys seem to in the off season. What does that say about the figure girls? lol

Honestly, I will go on record saying that if they would just legs in physique, I would be on board 100%. I am still on board at about 80% as I really think this division is very marketable and gives people a chance at modeling and endorsements much more than bodybuilding because the mainstream will not shun their look. The only hang up I have is that they aren't judged on their overall physique when the lower body is left out of the equation.

Skip
                        There is a guy in my gym who competes and does very well in physique, he trains his legs but not heavy by any means and he does stay leaner than most, he was trying to put on a little size but was happy to go back on his diet he told me. Him compared to the other douche bags in my gym that compete, their attitudes are night and day. Then you have us powerlifters.......probably a whole other article for you, lol.
                        For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Good article. Didn't you have a post on your blog a while back about how the joke's on bodybuilders and that the bench'n'curl crew probably was happier and hauling more ass than the bodybuilders? I liked that post too. It provides some perspective.
                          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                            Good article. Didn't you have a post on your blog a while back about how the joke's on bodybuilders and that the bench'n'curl crew probably was happier and hauling more ass than the bodybuilders? I liked that post too. It provides some perspective.
                            Yes. I was talking about bodybuilders picking on the Jersey Shore guys. Kind of the same idea, really.

Skip

Comment

Nice article, pretty fair as well. Nice job Skip. I do think Physique could be a nice gateway for some people to dip their foot into whole competition aspect and maybe end up finding they like bodybuilding better.

But....will someone please tell me if the posing for men's physique is going to continue in the direction I saw in the video below? Skip to 3:25.

http://rxmuscle.com/video/4090-angel...h-america.html

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...0har/4120p.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X