• 10/17/11 - VIDEO BLOG - My Current Back Injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Dy7WjsTJQ

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Sorry about the back issue. Give it a rest and you will be back in there in no time.

Comment

Skip, sorry to hear about your injury. I wish you the best on a speedy recovery.

I love how you use your experience to teach all of us a lesson regarding training smart and healthy. One big take away I got is that trying to go at 100% when your body is not physically capable of going 100% has the potential to lead to much longer term injuries and hamper progress. Listen to your body and ensure you are fully recovered before trying to go all out and take time to learn about your own body because this is the only one we have if you want to get the most mileage out of your training.

Thanks for the insight Skip!

All the best,

-Kris
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Sorry to hear that you injured yourself and hope that it heals quick. Great video post. We all have not listend to our bodies but you gave great advice on waiting to heal and train at 100% rather than less for a longer time.

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear that Skip.

Your 'Longevity' DVD really taught me to listen to my body and not push it when it's telling me not to.

Today I was in a similar situation as you were in before the injury. Lower back was a bit tight from my last session, and my quads were still pretty sore. Decided to skip legs today to play it safe. I was doubting this decision, and then I read this thread and watched your video. Not doubting that decision anymore.

Also, I recently upgraded my gym membership to include a 24/7 facility. It is a GODSEND on days where I can't get in the gym during normal hours. It takes away all rush from any gym session as I know I can just go later in the night if I have to. Well worth it.

Hopefully you can heal up soon. Best of luck.

Comment

Hope it heals quick.

Sent from my DROIDX
            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Hey, I think I know you!

Skip
              Originally posted by Sparkyboy View Post
              Sorry to hear that you injured yourself and hope that it heals quick. Great video post. We all have not listend to our bodies but you gave great advice on waiting to heal and train at 100% rather than less for a longer time.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Sorry bro. You are right though. I do it all the time. Hope you bounce back quick.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your back Skip. Where is your bad disc? Since you said you had sciatica before I'm guessing L5-S1 region? Have you had an epidural? Asking because I had a pinched sciatic nerve for 8 f'n weeks before I got the epidural last Wednesday and holy hell do I feel better. Still a little sore but 95% of the pressure is off the nerve now.

Comment

I had a similar injury back in 06 during my o-line days. Had that "pop/tear" on a set of heavy good mornings. Got the weight up as well. I didn't know what the hell happened, tried to stretch it out -- bad idea. Spent the next 3 days alone in my studio wondering if I was going to have to call 911.

Sitting on the toilet was the most painful shit ever. Unintended pun.

Really hope you recover quick - glad you're past the worst of it.

Also - thank you for the advice and wisdom. I've started feeling a tightness in my lower back again... need to get back to the pilates class (I know I know) 1-2x a week.

Thanks Skip.

Comment

Andrew - my pt and ortho both said pilates helps lower back issues.

Sent from my DROIDX
                      [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                      Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the injury Skip! I have been there... it is so much harder to follow your own advice than it is to give it...

Have you considered one of these: http://www.rehaboutlet.com/lumbar_traction.htm
                        Given your history it might be a worthwhile investment...

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Much appreciated but the truth is, if I just continue to listen to my body on a CONSISTENT basis, I won't need any of that. I am beating myself up for not listening to my body but my last back issue was almost 4 years ago so I have been doing well, really. What happened to me just goes to show that you can't listen 99.9% of time. It has to be 100% of the time.

Skip

Comment

Man, sorry to hear that Skip. I've been there....as you know....hope you recover quickly. Not having the sciatica is a HUGE advantage. I'm sure it's still miserable, but probably much more manageable. Enjoy those burgers and pizza!

Comment

That sucks Skip ! Take care of yourself and just focus on revalidation. It happens to the best, even when they listen to their bodies carefully !

It is admirable that you take the time and effort to genuinely warn others about making mistakes. Thanks for that and good luck with your recovery !!
                              True Protein 5% discount code: JVM902

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !

Comment

Working...
                              X