9/23/11 Writing for MuscleMag.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/23/11 Writing for MuscleMag.com

I worked really late last night - almost 7am this morning, actually. So, I slept a little longer than usual and didn't get up until about 1pm. In typical Skip fashion I come downstairs and grab my coffee and my phone and head back up the stairs to my bathroom hoping to get there before I shit my pants from the smell of the coffee. If you are old you understand what I am saying.

I get to my special room and I set down my coffee and phone on the table because .... well ... I have a table in my bathroom to hold my coffee, phone, Kindle, book or whatever else I may need to set on a table. Don't hate, I'm just planful like that.

The first thing I do after turning on my phone is check my email and I saw that Jeb Roberts from MuscleMag had emailed me twice. Because I have been anxiously waiting to hear if he thought my articles sucked or not, I wake myself up very quickly by reaching down into the toilet to get my hands wet and splashing water on my face. Ok, I didn't really do that and I have no idea where that came from. Anyway .....

The point is that he says that he is interested in my writing for MuscleMag.com and liked both articles that he had seen - one being contest prep related and the other was my typical rant-style writing which, as most of you know, I prefer to do over the other boring stuff. Well, boring to me, anyway. I get bored if I am not offending or berating someone. It sounds like the rants may be monthly with a contest prep article interspersed here and there.

Honestly? I am so excited I could shit myself. I am still laughing at the thought of getting paid for writing. Of course, I am not laughing so hard that I can't cash the checks but you get my point. There is something very flattering to me about someone thinking enough of my writing to think I deserve to get paid for it.

Of course, the big test is if the MuscleMag.com audience likes my stuff or not. If they don't I will obviously belittle and berate them, as well, and get paid for THAT article, too. It's a win win for me.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

LOL nice!
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

congratulations. well deserved
      -c

Comment

Used to be my favorite mag a long time ago. Let us know when your first article comes out and I will buy!
        "That which does not kill me makes me stronger..."
        - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.pvdw.net

Comment

Wow...very cool....and to think you were our house guest right before you hit the big time...holy shit :-)
          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
            Wow...very cool....and to think you were our house guest right before you hit the big time...holy shit :-)
            Whoa Dude you had a celebrity stay at your house?
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
              Whoa Dude you had a celebrity stay at your house?
              Yup, and I'm putting the very toilet seat he sat on, in a custom frame and hanging it on the wall...I'll work on the autograph later..
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have been able to make that trip. Clearly, I am in a different league now.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Yup, and I'm putting the very toilet seat he sat on, in a custom frame and hanging it on the wall...I'll work on the autograph later..
                  If my people see it on Ebay, my attorney will be in touch.

Skip

Comment

You will be able to sell used tissue etc from your website as well. KUDOS!
                    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

The more I think about it, I shit in your sink so the picture of the toilet would be worthless.

Skip

Comment

I will give you $1000 if there are still pee dribbles on it!
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

lol at the lovely banter between Skip and Heckman

congratulations Skip, looking forward to reading

Comment

Congrats Skip! Seems like MuscleMag is doing some good recruiting withing making Scott a regular on the website now and then bringing you aboard. Looking forward to seeing your work in the months to come!
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Scott? Scott who??

This is about SKIP!! He can go get his OWN thread.

In all seriousness, it was Scott who went to bat for me and I appreciate his efforts very much. I am not sure what favors Scott may have promised but let's just say that his girl might want him to brush his teeth before he kisses her.

Skip
                              Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                              Congrats Skip! Seems like MuscleMag is doing some good recruiting withing making Scott a regular on the website now and then bringing you aboard. Looking forward to seeing your work in the months to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X