Jimmy Kennedy's 2011-2012 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Kennedy's 2011-2012 NFL Season

Figured I better get this started, what with Jimmy playing his first game with the Giants earlier today.

I plan to discuss a little bit about everything in this blog and I plan to keep it updated on at least a weekly basis and much more frequent if there is material and information that I think the members will find interesting. This blog will follow TEAM SKIP and TrueProtein sponsored athlete, Jimmy Kennedy, throughout his 2011-2012 NFL season with everything from information about his diet, training, schedule, my travels to games and to train with Jimmy during the season, any issues with the team that I can discuss openly and even the occasional visit from Jimmy for his thoughts and opinions on how things are going throughout the year. I will post pictures and videos as much as I can, as well.

Tonight was just a preseason game with the Jets but these games are big for a lot of the players because most of you don't understand that even when a player has a contract, that guarantees them nothing as far as being a member of that team for the season. They all still have to "make" the team no matter the size of their contract. Every week there are cuts at this point in the preseason and Jimmy is no different. He is working his ass off to make this team.

Tonight Jimmy played the last half of the 4th quarter and if anyone saw it, feel free to give your opinions on how you thought he played. For such a short amount of time that he played during this game, I think he showed more quickness than in the past and he was involved in at least 2 tackles - one where he physically "handled" the ball carrier and pulled him backwards for a stop that I believe ended up forcing a field goal. With such a short amount of time to show what he can do, I was impressed with what he was able to show. If you ask him, though, he won't be satisfied. He never is and ... that's Jimmy.

There is a quick turn around for the game on Thursday because this game was delayed (originally slated for last Saturday) due to the Hurricane on the east coast. I need to speak with Jimmy tomorrow (Tuesday) to see what his weight is doing this week and to see if he needs a Skipload before the game on Thursday.

For the last few weeks we have had to increase his calories quite a bit due to his metabolism taking off on us. His carbs are up, which was anticipated as he was headed to camp, but his metabolism actually took off shortly before he signed and headed off to camp in New York. Even with calories and carbs up he hasn't increased his weight much over 300 so another move may be in order either for this week or starting after Thursday's game.

I have my fingers crossed that it will work out for Jimmy in New York and that he ends up a Giant for this season. If he doesn't, it won't be from a lack of effort or work on his part. He wants it as bad as anyone.

Follow this blog to watch how his season progresses and how everything pans out. It should be fun and I will do my best to keep it interesting and entertaining.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Looking forward to following his playing time with the Giants! Still pissed the Vikes let him go!
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

I thought Jimmy looked good last night.

I think Jimmy's got a good shot at making the team. The Giants like being stacked along the defensive line, particularly with all the injuries in the secondary.

I'm really going to enjoy following this. It'll be cool to see the game from this side.
      The harder I work the luckier I get...
      ...Just lucky that way, I guess.

Comment

Didn't see the game but I wish him the best. If the Giants don't keep him Buffalo needs him!!!

J
        "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Just a quick note that I spoke with Jimmy for a bit while he was on his way to the airport with the team for the trip to play the Patriots on Thursday.

Final cuts are to be announced on Saturday so he is hoping for another solid game Thursday but hopefully with more playing time to show what he can do.

His weight is up a tad to about 305 due to it just being a bitch to stay with his diet during the preseason games. He can't cook his own food so he has to rely on the team cafeteria. We were talking a little about the Giants strength training plan and it is very typical powerlifting type stuff. 3x's and things like that. I was glad to hear that they are open to him doing his own thing because it just depends on the team. Example: When Shanahan was with the Broncos, they weren't allowed to work with anyone for anything outside of the organization. No trainers, no nutritionists, chiros, etc..

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            Example: When Shanahan was with the Broncos, they weren't allowed to work with anyone for anything outside of the organization. No trainers, no nutritionists, chiros, etc..

Skip
            That is the craziest thing. You would think that they give these guys all this money to go out and find what works for them and have the trainers at the facility in effect just make sure everything is in check. If I were a coach I would want for them to look for various ways to better themselves both in the off-season and in-season as long as it was by the rules and everyone was on the same page.

I'll be on the look out for Jimmie during tonight's game. The Pats are the only pro team we watch in my house unless Red Zone is on. All the hard work is done for him now its only time to perform. Best wishes.

Comment

He looks even better tonight...
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                He looks even better tonight...
                I didn't see much of the 1st half, but I did see Jimmy pushing some guys around.

Giants D looks nasty this year

Comment

I didn't get to see the game as I was on the road driving from Detroit to Cleveland. Hope he did well and the next couple of days are big.

Skip

Comment

He deflected a pass and got the dirty work done on the inside freeing up others to pressure, hit and sack the qb as well as create turnovers. Solid job IMO.

Go g-men!

Comment

GREAT to hear. I wasn't able to watch as I was on the road.

Skip

Comment

Jimmy is now officially a Giant after the final cuts on Saturday. He is looking forward to a great year and if his game on Thursday was any indication of his season, it should be quite a bit of fun to watch.

Oh, and it's so nice to get to write off my Sunday NFL Ticket through DirecTV.

Skip

Comment

I am glad to see he landed a spot, although like I said before, I won't be routing for him when they play the Eagles...lol. Leon's probably happy as shit with the Giant's D line stacked all up, aren't you Leon? Lol
                          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            I am glad to see he landed a spot, although like I said before, I won't be routing for him when they play the Eagles...lol. Leon's probably happy as shit with the Giant's D line stacked all up, aren't you Leon? Lol
                            You'll get yours soon enough Scott, in spades, 4 aces package! :fencing:

Comment

Congratulations Jimmy!

Now, just keep whoever the MIKE is clean, put the opposing QB on the ground quick...

and watch your knees 8-X

Comment

Working...
                              X