Skipload Manifesto 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipload Manifesto 2020

Here is the link to the most current information on Skiploading, organized all in one place:

https://www.elitefts.com/education/skipload-manifesto/

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

This seems like one of those articles that is destined to be a classic. Nice one Skip!

Comment

Originally posted by spleen View Post
      This seems like one of those articles that is destined to be a classic. Nice one Skip!
      Thank you!

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Great article Skip...brought back many memories!
        Joe

Contest History:
        2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
        2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
        2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
        2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
        2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
        2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Really enjoyed the article; after working with you a handful of times for my overall health, shows, etc....I learned so much from you about my body and (still) continue to use Skiploading. Due to work/travel, I haven't been on the boards much lately (although, I'm grounded for now), it amazes me how quickly people are so quick to dismiss this. I appreciate science and (the) studies that people have ref'd about how this method (not necessarily Skiploading, but the entire premise) is 'too short' to be beneficial; however, the results speak for themselves. I still don't understand why people get so defensive and pissy about not using Pop Tarts or Reese's Puffs in their own diet...You do you boo...The shit works...and quite well. If it isn't for you...more Pop Tarts for me. And of course, there are X amount of ways to skin the cat...this works for me and I will continue to use it even as I get a little older and grayer.

I was definitely one of those people, when first starting to work with you, (that) ate way, way too much during my first few weeks of Skiploading. It took me a minute to realize that I should not be in the fetal position every week. Once I figured this out (obviously with your guidance) it was game on. I was also part of the 'evolution' of changing meals to hours, which to me and as you mentioned, allowed me to pace myself. And of course, as the weeks went on, the hours of the Skipload became longer. Starting about 3-4 weeks out (ish), it was from sun up to sun down. And as great as that sounds, even with pacing yourself, by the time bedtime came around, I was ready to get back on the diet.

For the entire prep (and even to this day somewhat), I would keep the same Skiploading meals in place. That's just the OCD (need to be regimented) in me. Obviously, as the week's went on, I had to add more meals, which typically became some pasta and maybe another pint of froyo. And, as mentioned in the article, I was one of those that went an entire prep without actually having to change my weekly/normal diet...only the hours of the Skipload changed. And I was, at least to me, shredded.

Hard to argue the results over the years...I've seen it firsthand (with me) and have never been happier with the results.

-s
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
            Really enjoyed the article; after working with you a handful of times for my overall health, shows, etc....I learned so much from you about my body and (still) continue to use Skiploading. Due to work/travel, I haven't been on the boards much lately (although, I'm grounded for now), it amazes me how quickly people are so quick to dismiss this. I appreciate science and (the) studies that people have ref'd about how this method (not necessarily Skiploading, but the entire premise) is 'too short' to be beneficial; however, the results speak for themselves. I still don't understand why people get so defensive and pissy about not using Pop Tarts or Reese's Puffs in their own diet...You do you boo...The shit works...and quite well. If it isn't for you...more Pop Tarts for me. And of course, there are X amount of ways to skin the cat...this works for me and I will continue to use it even as I get a little older and grayer.

I was definitely one of those people, when first starting to work with you, (that) ate way, way too much during my first few weeks of Skiploading. It took me a minute to realize that I should not be in the fetal position every week. Once I figured this out (obviously with your guidance) it was game on. I was also part of the 'evolution' of changing meals to hours, which to me and as you mentioned, allowed me to pace myself. And of course, as the weeks went on, the hours of the Skipload became longer. Starting about 3-4 weeks out (ish), it was from sun up to sun down. And as great as that sounds, even with pacing yourself, by the time bedtime came around, I was ready to get back on the diet.

For the entire prep (and even to this day somewhat), I would keep the same Skiploading meals in place. That's just the OCD (need to be regimented) in me. Obviously, as the week's went on, I had to add more meals, which typically became some pasta and maybe another pint of froyo. And, as mentioned in the article, I was one of those that went an entire prep without actually having to change my weekly/normal diet...only the hours of the Skipload changed. And I was, at least to me, shredded.

Hard to argue the results over the years...I've seen it firsthand (with me) and have never been happier with the results.

-s
            You were by anyone's account, SHREDDED, no doubt.

Skip

Comment

Skip,

Do you set baseline diet a bit lower than you would if you took a traditional approach to getting shredded to allow the body to take larger jumps down? I understand the approach and I utilize refeeds/high days with my clients but I am curious to what to do with baseline if you are taking the SkipLoad approach?

Comment

Originally posted by teamD View Post
                Skip,

Do you set baseline diet a bit lower than you would if you took a traditional approach to getting shredded to allow the body to take larger jumps down? I understand the approach and I utilize refeeds/high days with my clients but I am curious to what to do with baseline if you are taking the SkipLoad approach?
                No. I get asked this a lot, but I do not run the calories lower to compensate for the skiploading.

Skip

Comment

Been trialling skiploading since August. I'm still uncertain about the final week. Is it generally accepted to skipload on a Sunday for a show the following Saturday? I have read some information about loading the night before, with water reduced to sips on day of the show, so most of the water needed to process additional carbs is pulled from under the skin.
                  It makes more sense to me to skipload the usual way I have been doing, so Saturday or Sunday, then return to normal diet in the run up to the following Saturday's show. Adding in more carbs and adjusting water depending on look.
                  Am I missing something important/obvious?

Comment

Pay attention to how many days it takes you to be your fullest AND driest after the skiploads you are doing right now. That is what you want to gauge that last skipload off of.

Loading the night before isn't as predictable as loading, spilling, and then drying out. It can be done but doing it on your own is a gamble. This is usually for those who have to make a specific weight class on Friday night and then compete on Saturday.

Skip

Comment

Perfect, thank you.
                      Right now, following a load all day Sunday, I was at baseline and pretty dry by Wednesday, although with some fat still to come off, this is difficult to tell.
                      But that doesn't take into account any reduction of water etc.
                      So for a Saturday show, I'd likely do the same - load Sunday, keep water same at four litres, then eat moderate clean carbs from Monday till Sat, depending on look, with the only reduction of water coming on show day, with 250ml per meal, or sips when required.
                      However, I'm training at the moment but won't be training with the same intensity in that final week, just pump sessions. Will that make any difference to how full I am? I guess it must do...

Comment

You will hold more fullness if you aren't training as hard, correct. Your plan sounds solid but I know if it were ME, I would probably push the load forward another day or maybe even two (Monday or Tuesday instead of Sunday). However, if you are comfortable with doing it on Sunday and then adjusting clean carbs to hold fullness that last week, you should go that route.

Skip

Comment

This is really helpful. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X