Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Skiploads..Should I change something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Skiploads..Should I change something?

hey guys,

So despite toying with the technique of skiploading for quite some time I finally decided two weeks ago to fully incorporate it into my leaning down process once a week.

I always load on sunday for the record. First week after my first 4hour load I dropped below my baseline weight on the 7th day. My second load I went up to about a 6hour window and again my weight dropped below baseline on the sunday of my load. Now it´s friday before my 3rd skipload and my weight is still 1.2lb above my baseline weight.
    While I´m pretty positive that I´m going to be dropping below my baseline again tomorrow or at least sunday I ask myself if I should change something next week to baseline "earlier" in the week?Also should I increase the load this sunday more to around 8hours since I´m still getting leaner or does the load stay consistent at 6 hours with my current progress?

Doing mostly High protein/low carb/low-medium fat right now during the week.
    Training is traditional split 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)with around 45min. of MISS cardio in the evening right now. Saturday and Sunday are my OFF-days.

Thanks guys!

It is not as important WHEN you baseline or drop below as much as it is that you DO baseline and drop below. Most people baseline around mid-week but that doesn't mean that there aren't clients of mine that get shredded after weeks of baselining right before they load.

Bottom line: If what you are doing is getting you leaner, let it work. When it isn't working, change it.

Skip
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

When Skip had me load, I would always see a big drop from Saturday to Sunday. I always skiploaded Sundays, and the drop was always decent. I don't think I've ever baselined mid week. Maybe once or twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        It is not as important WHEN you baseline or drop below as much as it is that you DO baseline and drop below. Most people baseline around mid-week but that doesn't mean that there aren't clients of mine that get shredded after weeks of baselining right before they load.

Bottom line: If what you are doing is getting you leaner, let it work. When it isn't working, change it.

Skip
        Good I´ll keep that in mind thanks skip. For some reason it always screws with my head that I´m dropping the weight so late it´s kinda nerve-wrecking stepping on the scale sunday morning every week....
        I´ve also seemed to notice that if I train hard from Monday to Friday but give my muscles rest on the weekend sunday seems to be the day where all the water my body is holding from lifting hard is flushed out and that might be part of the reason for the big drop in weight on the weekend. does that make sense?

Also one more question if you don´t mind regarding the load: If I keep dropping below baseline even if it´s on the 7th day should I keep increasing my skipload time (maybe 1-2hours)?

Comment

Yes, keep increasing the load time.

And that is normal to drop some water weight if you don't train on Saturdays, yup!

Skip
          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Yes, keep increasing the load time.

And that is normal to drop some water weight if you don't train on Saturdays, yup!

Skip
            Thank you! Then I´ll probably increase from 6 to 7-8 hours tomorrow for my load.. yippy lol

Comment

nice keep going!

Comment

So today is sunday and I woke up just 0.2lbs under my baseline weight from last week despite following a very strict low carb/low calorie diet. Pretty damn lean and dry in the mirror tho but I expected to lose a bit more. This makes me kind of nervous so either I hold the load off until tomorrow and see if I do lose more or I keep the load at 5-6 hours today.
                Any suggestions on what's the best way to go about this if you only drop that little weight?

Comment

Were you any lower this week than .2 pounds below baseline? The lowest weight doesn't have to be from the morning of the load.

What did you do with your load time?

Skip
                  www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Were you any lower this week than .2 pounds below baseline? The lowest weight doesn't have to be from the morning of the load.

What did you do with your load time?

Skip
                    Nope saturday I still was 0.8lbs above my baseline weight then I stepped on the scale sunday morning 0.2lbs below baseline so I lost 1lb from saturday to sunday.

I wasn´t quite sure what to do but given the fact that I dropped below my weight from last week (even if it´s just 0.2lbs) I figure it´s best to do a regular 6 hour load like I did the week before. No changes. Same foods, same timeframe.
                    I played with the thought of holding the load of one more day to see if I can drop lower but to be honest with you I was so damn depleted and hungry (really dieted hard this week) I just could not handle it mentally to hold it off longer.
                    Was that the right decision or what you say skip?

I just have to ask another thing cause I always wondered how to handle this:

If like you said for example you drop below your baseline on a friday but for some reason you´re not below but either at or above your baseline-weight again the sunday for your load what to do then? Just do a regular load or hold it off?
                    I was in this situation quite a few times a while back and really didn´t know what to do.

Thank you really appreciate the feedback!

Comment

The lowest weight during the week is what you go by so if you were down 1 pound on Thursday but then came back up then you would still consider the week as a 1 pound drop. Now, there are other variables to consider like whether you were hydrated or if something else caused the drop other than the consistency of your plan.

If you were only down .2 pounds that isn't a lot so you either need to cut the load time back or you need to look closer at your calories during the week to see if they need to go down or if your cardio needs to go up or both.

Skip
                      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

was hoping there was more to this. some questions I had were answered in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X