Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardio

Hello Skip,

I watched the whole seminar and loved every bit of it. Thanks Skip for providing so much information. It is great.

I have a question regarding the cardio. After the cardio is done, you prefer a meal with protein and fats. How about if it is a non-cardio day, would you still have protein and fats for breakfast?

My second question is about the rest days diet. Assuming I train Monday through Friday, and I am at 100-150gr of carbs, would you cut carbs down to zero or simply lower them on Saturday, or would you still eat the same? Sunday would be the skiploading.

Any info would be very useful. Thank you very much

I am in bold below ......

Originally posted by guindilla View Post
    Hello Skip,

I watched the whole seminar and loved every bit of it. Thanks Skip for providing so much information. It is great.

Thank you and glad you liked it!

I have a question regarding the cardio. After the cardio is done, you prefer a meal with protein and fats. How about if it is a non-cardio day, would you still have protein and fats for breakfast?

Depends on your situation and your goals. USUALLY (but not always) you will benefit from pro/fat if you are getting leaner and if you have a faster metabolism and are in a gaining phase, you likely can benefit from carbs in that first meal along with fats and protein.

My second question is about the rest days diet. Assuming I train Monday through Friday, and I am at 100-150gr of carbs, would you cut carbs down to zero or simply lower them on Saturday, or would you still eat the same? Sunday would be the skiploading.

Again, based on goals and a lot of other variables you would LIKELY want to drop the carbs down on Saturday but not necessarily cut them out entirely, yes, as you are loading the following day and don't really have a need for the carbs, anyway.
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
      I am in bold below ......

Thank you very much Skip. Your answer helps a lot.

One final question if it is ok.... it makes sense to cut down the carbs a bit on Saturday (since this is a non-training day) before your load Sunday. In this case, would it make sense to replace the carbs you cut down with either more fats or higher protein to make up the calories? Or would you simply cut down carbs a little keeping the rest of the diet the same?

Comment

If I was looking to get leaner, I would simply cut the carbs down and not replace those calories.

Skip
        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          If I was looking to get leaner, I would simply cut the carbs down and not replace those calories.

Skip
          Thank you

Comment

Hello Skip
            As guindilla said- good video and thanks!

Regarding the target heart rate- you said you and your clients generally focus on 130 BPM.
            So is that an absolute number for more or does it depend on a % of the Resting Heart Rate? So a guy with an RHR of 55 and another with an RHR of 75 will both strive to be in 120-130 range for fat loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
              Hello Skip
              As guindilla said- good video and thanks!

Regarding the target heart rate- you said you and your clients generally focus on 130 BPM.
              So is that an absolute number for more or does it depend on a % of the Resting Heart Rate? So a guy with an RHR of 55 and another with an RHR of 75 will both strive to be in 120-130 range for fat loss?
              130 is essentially a rough guideline because, as you stated, there are differing levels of cardiovascular fitness so that 130 might be a bitch for one but relatively easy for another.

Skip
              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

There is no "ideal range" for fat loss.

There are just two ranges; aerobic and anaerobic
                read here for example:
                diffen.com/difference/Aerobic_Respiration_vs_Anaerobic_Respiration

Comment

Working...
                X