Some skiploading questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some skiploading questions

So originally i was on a strict CKD with an 8 hour skip refeed. But lately I've been noticing other taking carbs on working days in addition to their skiploading day. So on my SL day i eat two boxes of cereal. I use special k protein since i can get protein in there even if it is soy. But working days ive got worked out like this. Mind you im doing IF as well so i eat my days cals after my workout.

Cals 2200
    Pro-240
    Carb-100
    The rest as fat for filler usually from peanut butter

Rest days are low carb and about 2k cals

Im 28 167.lbs and 5'5"

Does this look right? Haven't seen gains for a bit kinda stumped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Your total calorific intake for "maintenance" looks about right. However, most online counters would put it about 2500 cals. That is not taking into consideration how active/how hard you train. Also, if you're trying to put on mass, you need to eat a lot more than what you are eating! Will let the experts confirm that anyway!

Comment

Sometimes people try to fit everything into calories in/calories out at the expense of analysis, but this doesn't sound like one of those times.

If you aren't gaining weight, you need to adjust calories upward. I'd raise your calories by around 250-500 ( 0.5-1 lb weight gain/week) on all days. If you don't gain any weight for 3weeks, raise calories again.

I wouldn't worry about the skipload, it sounds like that's not what's holding you back.

Comment

Ok cool. I was already considering exactly that. Im going to do more of a 40/40/20 essentially im going to raise Carbs to match pro on training days. Im going to keep the skipload the way it is for now. So by my calculations it should be a little more than 2500 cals on training days. 2200 on non for now and low carb.

Comment

What is your goal, and why the Skiploading in the firstplace? Are you competing? trying to get leaner? Although Skiploading can have some benefits in the offseason while trying to gain mass, in my opinion, I really think it is more of a tool for a competitor or to get leaner as it gets harder to get leaner due to depletion and metabolic shifts. Is there a reason to be CKD, (carb sensitive, etc.) or could you add a few more muscle sparing carbs into your diet post workout? Just trying to get a grasp of which way you are headed and why before I would give my two cents (which no one will care about anyway!) Ha!
          P.S. - two small boxes of cereal is a good start for a Skipload (for the first two meals!) ;-)
          "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Trying to pack muscle on. No i dont compete. I had used skipload to get leaner during pretty extreme ckd. Wasnt sure if i should keep it through during a bulk. Im processing for state police one of my goals is to compensate for my lack of height. Kinda shallow i know but perception is reality and up until recently state police in Maryland had a height requirement. Im sure some of them still feel they should. Two boxes during my cut was enough so that i baselined in 3 days the way you are supposed to. Yes ive always been pretty carb sensitive. I gain fat easy. The pain of being an Endomorph that no one ever mentions is ya you gain muscle easy. But it doesnt do you any good if you gain fat on top of it even more easily lol.

Comment

from reading quite a few interviews of prep coaches, even SKIP , they believe most people are not as carb sensitive as they think they are.
              "Skip: I don't always believe is when they tell me they are "carb sensitive". I think more people THINK they are carb sensitive than actually are. I believe most people use poor carb sources, utilize poor timing with their carbs and generally just take in too many carbs. If you eat too many carbs in a day and that makes you fat, that isn't "carb sensitive".
              "

Maybe if you eat different types or incombination with different of macros , that usually solves the problem. I also believe in carb cycling, With the occational with limited/restricted carb loading/skiploading for a shock to the system. Usually if you are not careful with the loading, you might loose 1lb over the weeday and gain .5lb over the weekend.

Comment

Seems legit

Comment

Working...
                X