Diet meal order question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet meal order question

Not sure if this would be better in the bulking lounge but....

I know most would insist on carbs earlier and certainly at breakfast but I saw skip mention in his DVD he skips carbs after fasted CV ,this has always made sense to me ,also avoiding heavy carbs pre-workout always leaves me feeling bloated during training ,as I train mid-day is the following meal order suitable for "lean bulking" .

Fasted CV

Meal 1: P+F [minimal carbs]

Meal 2: P+F

TRAIN

Meal 3: P+C [simple carbs included]

Meal 4: P+C [minimal fats]

Meal 5: P+C [min fats]

Meal 6: Protein only or P+C ,depends on bodyfat levels.

All meals are solid based ,egg,chicken,lean pork or home-made whey pro-bars.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ethan8; 12-23-2011, 08:58 PM.

I don't know if you were wanting Skip to answer this for you based on the information in his DVD, but I thought I'd chime in with my experience. After I've tried about every diet out there I don't believe that their is much of a benefit to starting carbs higher in the beginning of the day and then phasing them out. The old belief was that if you had all these extra carbs in your system later in the day they would turn to fat since your activity tends to be less later in the day, but it really doesn't work that way. To put it simply: If you you taper your carbs though out the day and you take in 3000 calories and you burn 3000 calories you will not gain or lose. If you don't taper your carbs and do the above and you take in 3000 calories and you burn 3000 you will have the same result. In other words calories in vs. calories out. As far as the fasted cardio followed by a p+f meal I've always done it this way, but I'm not sure if the science supports it or not. I seem to remember an article recently that says there is no difference, but I'll probably still do the fasted cardio because I've always done it that way and I get good results in the end. Once again, I don't mean to interject and answer for Skip if your intention was to ask him, but this is my opinion. I also would add that I'm not a stickler for the whole P+F and P+C meals. I know Beradi had been a big advocate of not combing fat and carbs, but once again I think the calories in vs. calories out rule kind of takes over. Again, just my 2 cents from my experience.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

just for reference, Berardi isn't as rigid with the p+f and p+c anymore to my knowledge

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought too. He is just where the idea gained popularity.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Happy to hear everyones replies so appreciated!

Most of the P+F meals have a few carbs anyhow and the P+C some fats , I haven't been super rigid with it.

I guess part of me thinks restricting carbs A.M /Post CV I'll continue the fat burning abit longer & make the most of my Yohimbine/caffeine use ,I heard Skip mention dropping carbs out for this reason also .

Again thou as said might be no science behind it .Just experience!

Basically the bulk of my carbs taper slowly as they are all PWO.

Comment

Working...
          X