Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough cals for my refeed?

Hey guys,

First off, thank you skip for the effort you put into Longevity, and making it available for us to see... I am learning a lot.

I’m 27 years old: 6 Ft 185 lbs at around 10% body fat..

Over the past month I have been averaging 2600 calories: 300g Protein/150g Carb /75g Fat.

I think this is right around my maintenance level because weight has been staying pretty consistent.

I did my first refeed yesterday. My baseline weight in the morning was 184.6 lbs.

For my refeed I primarily focused on getting 3-5 x my weight in carbs (555-925 grams) while keeping fat low, and not worrying much about protein. I Also aimed to get around 2.5-3x as many cals as usual (6500-7800). I started at 8am and was just going to do a 6 hr window but I ended up going out to dinner and added that to my refeed for the day..

Here are the things I ate:

Fruit Loops with a little skim milk
    Krusteaz Heart Healthy Pancakes
    Maple Grove Farms pure syrup
    Can’t believe it’s not butter spray
    Fat free Cool whip
    Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches
    Delverde Rigatoni
    Gaspari Myofusion Protein Shake
    True Protein Karboload mix
    Bruschetta bread
    Four cheese grilled pizza

Day’s totals were: 5000 calories 149g Protein/892g Carbs/93g Fat.

I was pretty happy with the numbers I hit seeing that I got down 892g of carbs which were within the window I wanted to hit. The problem is the following morning I weighed the exact same as I did before I started the refeed (184.6). I was really disappointed haha. I know water consumption might have a lot to do with the weight gain, but I felt like I drank a decent amount although I can’t say exactly how much. I always read about people sweating the night following a refeed because their metabolism is rocking but I didn’t experience any of that.. just had a lot of gas.

Do you guys think it might be because I only got in 5000 calories?

Also, is it the increase of calories that effect your metabolism or more the increase of carbs? Asking because although I got in as many carbs as I wanted, maybe I just didn't get in enough overall calories. Thanks in advance for any input, I appreciate it.

I beleive the magic behind the skipload lies in insulin secretion. Instead of injecting insulin we skipload to reap the positive effects of the hormone without needles. Personally the only time i sweat was during a cheat and i quickly downed an entire pizza.
    :preach:

Comment

This has been asked before, Skip mentioned if you did not get your normal amounts of water in that could cause the lack of weight increase. Good chance once you eat your normal diet and water intake the weight would go up.
      2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
      2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
      2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
      2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
      2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
      2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
      *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
      88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
      88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
        I beleive the magic behind the skipload lies in insulin secretion. Instead of injecting insulin we skipload to reap the positive effects of the hormone without needles. Personally the only time i sweat was during a cheat and i quickly downed an entire pizza.
        Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I never really experienced the sweating but it would be nice so I knew that my metabolism was burning hot. I think I have always ran a little on the cool side... my temperature in the morning is always around 97.7 then it slowly heats up as the day goes on, but I can't say I consistently run at 98.6. Hopefully implementing weekly refeeds will help speed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
          This has been asked before, Skip mentioned if you did not get your normal amounts of water in that could cause the lack of weight increase. Good chance once you eat your normal diet and water intake the weight would go up.
          Hey CJ, I do remember Skip mentioning that and also someone saying that when they didn't drink their normal amount of water they saw a pretty drastic difference in weight.. makes sense since the weight gain is the water retention. I will keep an eye on my weight and see if that is the case. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Sometimes, just adding the water will make you sweat. There have been many times where a client will lose track of their water intake and then realize they are not taking in enough and when they drink something like 24oz of water (as an example) they immediately get warm and start to sweat.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Skip, I'm looking forward to this weekends refeed. I'm sure it will take a few to get things dialed in.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I had almost the same
                experience just yesterday, with the only difference that the scale
                said +8lbs at the end of my refeed, but the next morning I was only +2lbs
                I don't know where those 6lbs disappeared overnight
                "In the church, they say to forgive"
                "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Comment

Originally posted by AutoKal47 View Post
                  I don't mean to hijack the thread but I had almost the same
                  experience just yesterday, with the only difference that the scale
                  said +8lbs at the end of my refeed, but the next morning I was only +2lbs
                  I don't know where those 6lbs disappeared overnight
                  Weigh yourself on any other day where calories are high and youwill have the same thing. In my offseason right now, I can weigh myself just about every nite and be 5-7lbs heavier than what I will the next morning, it's not just the Skipload......It's the case of the disappearing weight...lol
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                    Weigh yourself on any other day where calories are high and youwill have the same thing. In my offseason right now, I can weigh myself just about every nite and be 5-7lbs heavier than what I will the next morning, it's not just the Skipload......It's the case of the disappearing weight...lol
                    lol I don't know man, I haven't been weighting myself very often since
                    I kept my weight and BF the same for the past year or so, but that was weird
                    At first I was "wow, let's see if i can go back to baseline weight by Sunday",
                    went to bed and woke up 6lbs lighter lol
                    Last edited by AutoKal47; 03-09-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoKal47 View Post
                      lol I don't know man, I haven't been weighting myself very often since
                      I kept my weight and BF the same for the past year or so, but that was weird
                      My brother did a refeed one time where he weighed himself every few hours thru the load, just for shits and giggles....at the end of the day I believe he was 12lbs heavier, but it only equated to a 4lb gain the next morning....it is weird, I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that your body burns calories even while sleeping....so due to the fact that you ARE sleeping, you're obviously not eating, replenishing the calories that are lost when you are asleep....so I'm guessing that because the body continuously burns cals to run, the leaner you are and more fired up the metab is, you would prob burn even more....I guess.....lol
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        My brother did a refeed one time where he weighed himself every few hours thru the load, just for shits and giggles....at the end of the day I believe he was 12lbs heavier, but it only equated to a 4lb gain the next morning....it is weird, I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that your body burns calories even while sleeping....so due to the fact that you ARE sleeping, you're obviously not eating, replenishing the calories that are lost when you are asleep....so I'm guessing that because the body continuously burns cals to run, the leaner you are and more fired up the metab is, you would prob burn even more....I guess.....lol
                        Yes I agree, my heart rate was pretty crazy for the entire eating window,
                        in my case that theory applies perfectly 'cause I start the refeed right post workout
                        (full body, high volume, high intensity..), day before is legs and the one after is back,
                        and my carb intake is 30gr max a day for the other 6 days of the week,
                        so yeah, I get to my refeed really depleted, makes sense that my body sucks up all the
                        carbs fast

Comment

Working...
                        X