Just to clarify fat content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to clarify fat content

I finished watching the DVD today, it was great, very informative and makes me rethink warm ups and the like.

Regarding skiploads, as you mentioned skip, basically higher fat content apparently is not an issue at all in terms of fat loss being slower directly or causing fat gain, but just that one would not be able to take in as many carbs. I have tracked past skiploads and all out cheat days, and in the skiploads I have been able to take in about 8-900g of carbs while not being that lean. For cheat days, probably because the food tastes better, I am able to take in that amount of carbs and more. Given that's the case I have 2 questions.

1. Does that mean it's fine for me to have the all out cheat days since I'd be getting the same amount of carbs?

2. If so, I'd be getting the same amount of carbs (and presumably the same carb-induced metabolic effects) of the skipload but now with more fat calories. Those extra fat calories (literally about 2000 more vs a clean skipload) won't hurt my fat loss results? That seems weird to me if everything else is constant.

Thanks a lot

If you didn't have as much fat, maybe you would get in 1500g of carbs instead of 900g of carbs.. I think that's where the difference is when he says to limit fat. A big burger is going to fill you up for awhile, but carbs won't.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
      If you didn't have as much fat, maybe you would get in 1500g of carbs instead of 900g of carbs.. I think that's where the difference is when he says to limit fat. A big burger is going to fill you up for awhile, but carbs won't.
      Theoretically but the reason I made this thread is that that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I've done a number of skiploads in the past and they almost always seem to be 6-700 at first then later 8-900 (again, not very lean, 11-13% generally). With all out cheat days even when gaining (so I could eat more when cutting) my carbs are also about 8-900 without much effort, 1000+ if I want.

Comment

So what you're saying is that by eating certain foods you are able to get in just as many carbs because it tastes better?

www.316fit.com

Comment

I think he is saying foods with fat taste better, so even though he's eating fat during his load, he is getting more carbs than he would if he did a low-fat skip load.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
            I think he is saying foods with fat taste better, so even though he's eating fat during his load, he is getting more carbs than he would if he did a low-fat skip load.
            So what I'm saying in response, is be more creative with your foods and make them taste good.. Low fat pizza, some enchiladas, burritos, stuff like that can be moderately low fat and you can eat a ton of it.

www.316fit.com

Comment

Right; I don't think that answers his question though.

Although, for what it's worth, Pumped340 is notorious for overcomplicating things.
              Last edited by DOHCrazy; 05-21-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                So what I'm saying in response, is be more creative with your foods and make them taste good.. Low fat pizza, some enchiladas, burritos, stuff like that can be moderately low fat and you can eat a ton of it.
                This, My god the food i have set up for my skipload tomorrow has me shitting myself in anticipation.

Go through the skip approved foods thread. Put in a bit of time prepping a few items.

Also, remember that part of the concept behind Skips carbs are that they are quick absorbing highly processed, Spike the insulin high and pack the carbs away as glycogen in great amounts. That effect as well as overall satiety are both impacted negatively by fat in the load.

If you need help creating Low-fat concoctions and the thread here doesn't do it for you, hit me up, kitchen experimentation and creativity is a strong suit of mine and id be happy to help you with ideas to get your load days more aligned with the effects that Skip is after.

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by zalex999 View Post
                  This, My god the food i have set up for my skipload tomorrow has me shitting myself in anticipation.
                  LOL...been doing refeeds for a long time and feel the same way..
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                    LOL...been doing refeeds for a long time and feel the same way..
                    Oh god I am counting down the hours!!!!!!!

www.316fit.com

Comment

I save the "shitting my pants" part till the tail end of my refeed. That's when I know to stop...lol
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

lol I can relate to the anticipation, it kind of sucks actually

But anyway it's not just about the taste. I like skipload foods a lot. Cereals, pastas, low-fat pizzas, waffles/pancakes/french toast, etc.. it's not just that. I don't know why, all I can say is I've tracked both and when getting to the point of being pretty damn full I'm at the same if not more carbs on cheat days. You can tell me it doesn't make sense but that's what happens consistently so I don't know why you would.

Now if it's for other reasons such as the insulin spike being too blunted by higher fat foods (although I doubt the insulin response won't be huge with 1000+g of carbs regardless of the fat content) then that's another story but it seems from what I've collected from the videos that the lower fat is just to get more carbs in. Any flaw in this logic?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post
                          lol I can relate to the anticipation, it kind of sucks actually

You can tell me it doesn't make sense but that's what happens consistently so I don't know why you would.
                          This doesn't make sense. I told you cause you said i could. :hysterica

But in reality it is a bit puzzling to me seeing as the feeling of satiety is tied more to calorie intake than anything, and Fats have been shown to have a high degree of satiation.

Im not saying your lying, or wrong, or any such none-sense, im simply interested and a bit surprised by this.

Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post

Now if it's for other reasons such as the insulin spike being too blunted by higher fat foods (although I doubt the insulin response won't be huge with 1000+g of carbs regardless of the fat content) then that's another story but it seems from what I've collected from the videos that the lower fat is just to get more carbs in. Any flaw in this logic?
                          Skip may be better able to provide more answers here (check that..he is better able) However i will say that the same AMOUNT of insulin will be released to store the carbohydrates. However the SPEED of the release and resulting will be reduced by the fat content.

Comment

Well I welcome Skip's response

Comment

I would think that simply the slower emptying of the stomach would not allow for maximum carb ingestion. Like Fade said, I you can get 1000g of carbs with moderate to high fat, I would think you could get much more in with lower/low fat....that seems to be the case with MOST who run Skiploads/refeeds. I personally eat high GI stuff all day, then about 4-5pm I will have a shitty meal someplace that has a good burger and fries and maybe a shake. I can tell you that after that meal, I usually wait till bedtime and do a pro/fat shake cause I'm full for awhile. The high GI/low fat stuff empties VERY quickly from my gut, and higher fat does not....but just like everything else, I guess it can be a very individual thing...
                              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
                              X