fill and spill mess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fill and spill mess...

Yesterday I did my last skipload for my 1st show this coming saturday. I usually need to load pretty hard being over 215+ but i guess i pushed it a little TOO hard. I definitely filled and spilled. Im hoping my body will just filter out the water by saturday. Do i just wait it out on my normal diet now and just let my body get back to normal ??

Today, i have gone back to my normal low carb diet, still keeping water and sodium up. I really wasn't planning on touching sodium at all and maybe decreasing my water late Friday and the day of the show.

Filling and spilling just makes me nervous and anxious, i dont look that good right now.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Kevn594; 04-21-2011, 12:30 PM.
    Im a grad student who needs protein! Need some too? Use my discount code, KJM329 for all your entire Trueprotein.com purchase!

I'd rather be dead then be average. :soapbox:

Excuse the dumb question, but what is "spilling"?
    If it's not fun, don't do it

Comment

Originally posted by jmhester1956 View Post
      Excuse the dumb question, but what is "spilling"?
      When you have filled your muscles completely and water begins to be held under the skin, or "spilling over."

Comment

why would you risk overcarbing when refeeding on a Wed. before a Sat. show. You can ALWAYS add more carbs in later on it need be.

I'm not Skip, but I'd keep muscle contraction going without burning yourself out, i.e. posing practice, light pump workout, etc. A little bit of low intense cardio should help as well with the water.
        CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
        MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
        2010 NGA Pro Universe
        2010 NPC Monster Mash
        2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
        2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
        2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
        2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
        2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
        2008 NPC Ohio State
        2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

ahhh i know, definite 1st show mistake that i hope i dont regret.

i think ill take your advice about the light pump work and some light cardio and see how that goes. hopefully i wake up tomorrow looking different
          Im a grad student who needs protein! Need some too? Use my discount code, KJM329 for all your entire Trueprotein.com purchase!

Comment

Good luck with the show!
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Wed is a little close to be loading unless you get back to baseline or below fast, stick to the diet but may want to go no carbs if your holding a lot of water.
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

yeah the reason i went Wed instead of Tues is because my normal comp diet was no carb. Just got finished with some light pump and a 20 min walk but we will see tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Comment

how many days did it take you to reach baseline after your normal weekend day load?
                  2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD

Comment

usually like 2...im honestly starting to grow less concerned as the day is goin on. i look NOTICEABLY different than this morning (holding water wise) and my vascularity has really begun to pop out again. im hoping by tomorrow morning i look freakish again

Comment

Oh God, don't go fucking it up by getting anxious right now.

Seriously, you should already know how many days it takes to clear water so if this is your first load, yes, be anxious. Otherwise, trust in the fact that you will clear the water in almost 3 days with little to NO concern.

Do NOT pump or do work but rest right now and this will keep you full. Doing work will flatten you out and that is the last thing you want - plus, the work won't do ANYTHING to move water from under your skin so do not do this.

Keep your normal water intake, low carb diet and rest and you will move the water just fine, I would almost BET. The only way you won't move it in time is if you normally take 4 or 5 days to clear water after your loads.

Do not cut your water or take a diuretic or this can screw things up, as well.

Email me directly if you haven't cleared 80% of your subq water by later on Thursday and I will help you but ONLY if you do what I say until then. Be patient and you should be fine.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        Oh God, don't go fucking it up by getting anxious right now.

Seriously, you should already know how many days it takes to clear water so if this is your first load, yes, be anxious. Otherwise, trust in the fact that you will clear the water in almost 3 days with little to NO concern.

Do NOT pump or do work but rest right now and this will keep you full. Doing work will flatten you out and that is the last thing you want - plus, the work won't do ANYTHING to move water from under your skin so do not do this.

Keep your normal water intake, low carb diet and rest and you will move the water just fine, I would almost BET. The only way you won't move it in time is if you normally take 4 or 5 days to clear water after your loads.

Do not cut your water or take a diuretic or this can screw things up, as well.

Email me directly if you haven't cleared 80% of your subq water by later on Thursday and I will help you but ONLY if you do what I say until then. Be patient and you should be fine.

Skip
                        I thought spilling over was almost a prerequisite the last week the show for skiploading at least that's my goal when I'm eating all that damn good food.

There's definitely plenty of time for the water to move.
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Very lucky to have Skip being willing to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                            I thought spilling over was almost a prerequisite the last week the show for skiploading .
                            Correct. Otherwise, the same mistake is made that 90% of people make - not loading enough and coming in flat.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                            Instagram: @intensemuscle
                            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

The Man has spoken and it is good... Wish I had this board and DVD back 15 years ago I would be light years ahead of where I am now!
                              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD

Comment

Working...
                              X