skipload question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skipload question

Is it wise to do cardio on the morning of your skipload?

Also when it comes to the skipload itself and keeping fat in our food choices low because fat slows digestion right? Would it be acceptable to have a carb/fat meal at the end of the skipload? One carb fat meal, whether it be pizza or anything really would be awesome but if its going hinder progress then that's another story. Just curious. Thanks skip

[QUOTE=phrozen;852562]Is it wise to do cardio on the morning of your skipload?

I do
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Shouldn't be an issue for morning cardio. I do it too.
      For the skipload, have your last skipload meal then on your next meal go back to your normal diet
      Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
        Shouldn't be an issue for morning cardio. I do it too.
        For the skipload, have your last skipload meal then on your next meal go back to your normal diet
        ya I know how that works. I don't think you understand what I'm asking. I'm asking would it be acceptable to have carbs and fats as my last skip load meal before i return to my normal diet....considering you try to keep fats as low as you can to improve digestion.

Comment

Originally posted by phrozen View Post
          ya I know how that works. I don't think you understand what I'm asking. I'm asking would it be acceptable to have carbs and fats as my last skip load meal before i return to my normal diet....considering you try to keep fats as low as you can to improve digestion.
          The whole premise of the skipload is to get high carbs and low fat. I don't understand what your question is, other than you are asking if you can have a cheat meal. If you want a cheat meal, go for it. I don't recommend it as part of a Skipload, no.

Skip
          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
          Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: IntenseMuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Recommendations regarding refeed (carb-load) are often:
            60% carbs
            20%-25% pros
            15%-20% fats

How does this look like referring to an ideal Skipload?
            70% carbs?
            20% pros?
            10% fats?
            http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
            BNK573
            To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

Originally posted by blackdog1996 View Post
              Recommendations regarding refeed (carb-load) are often:
              60% carbs
              20%-25% pros
              15%-20% fats

How does this look like referring to an ideal Skipload?
              70% carbs?
              20% pros?
              10% fats?
              I am not sure where you got these numbers because I haven't ever given any number guidelines. Don't bother with numbers - it is a waste of time.

Skip
              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Recommendations are from anabolic diets f.e. (not from you).
                I know that you have never given any numbers. On the DVD you mention fat as very low, that's why I'm asking if you can clarify it a bit.
                I'm not bothering.
                BNK573

Comment

Recommendations are from anabolic diets f.e. (not from you).
                  I know that you have never given any numbers. On the DVD you mention fat as very low, that's why I'm asking if you can clarify it a bit.
                  I'm not bothering.
                  Gotcha.

I don't use numbers, though, so if clarifying means putting numbers to it, no.

The lower the fat is, the more carbs you can get in. That is the main point with fat being low.

Skip
                  www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Clarifying in specific would mean that there is no problem by having carbs higher than 70% and fat below 10%.
                    That was not the result of putting numbers, those numbers occured as the result of meal composition.
                    BNK573

Comment

Clarifying in specific would mean that there is no problem by having carbs higher than 70% and fat below 10%.
                      That was not the result of putting numbers, those numbers occured as the result of meal composition.
                      Why are you referring to numbers, at all?

Skip
                      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

As mentioned the numbers came from anabolic diets, I took them as a reference point.
                        Regarding DC one is also dealing with numbers. It's not only high protein intake f.e. but 1.8g-2g /lbs f.e.
                        but if you don't want or like to clarify or comment on this:
                        it's ok with me.
                        BNK573

Comment

As mentioned the numbers came from anabolic diets, I took them as a reference point.
                          Regarding DC one is also dealing with numbers. It's not only high protein intake f.e. but 1.8g-2g /lbs f.e.
                          but if you don't want or like to clarify or comment on this:

it's ok with me.
                          Theres no reason to clarify, its not really meant to be complicated.

Get in as many carbs as you possibly can while keeping fat as low as you possibly can. Its as simple as that, its not meant to be rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by mercury88 View Post

Get in as many carbs as you possibly can while keeping fat as low as you possibly can. Its as simple as that, its not meant to be rocket science.
                            Oh, really....
                            Then take a guy of 220 lbs lean body mass, fill his glycogen storages completely and give the same amount of carbs to a guy of 160 lbs lbm-and guess what happens...
                            If you consider people like Mauro Di Pasquale or Lyle Mc Donald as rocket scientists, may you do so.
                            My question was not complicated and can even be answered with yes or no:

Last edited by blackdog1996; 02-15-2011, 11:31 AM.
                            BNK573

Comment

I see your point, and I'm going out on a limb from what I got from the DVD. The reason you are having a problem with the idea behind this is that it doesn't sound specific to the individual, but it is. From what I got:

You start out with a 6 hour span of time to do your Skip load. You want to fill yourself up, but not to the point of being stuffed or sick. This may end up being roughly 3 meals. After that go back to your normal diet. From that you will be able to gauge if you need to add to your Skip load. In the video he explains that you will be above baseline after the Skip load, but will eventually go below your low from the week before. If this happens too early you may need to add your Skip load.

The point is numbers are useless to start out because it depends on the individual and the type of diet they are doing. The best way to find out where to go from there is to gauge how the baseline effects you. So you start out with the baseline of how he describes the Skip load and go from there. If this sounds like you may need assistance, you may and that's why Skip gets paid the "Big Bucks".

And the whole "What percentage my macros be" is moot if you go by what he said on the DVD. You also may want to look at the SKip Load approved foods. That may help you with food choices.

Does that sound about right Skip? I'm not trying to interject, but I think I understand where he was coming from.
                              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th
                              2010 Kentucky State Championships Lightweight 1st
                              2011 Northern Kentucky Welterweight 4th
                              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
                              Use Discount Code DDS463
                              MAG Sponsored Athlete
                              http://www.maxagrip.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X