No announcement yet.

skipload question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 carbs = 8000 calories, and with other proteins and fats it could get near 9000 or 10000! where does this energy go to? obv not all of it goes into a 3500calorie lb of fat, but does most of it just get converted or go undigested => poop?

Comment

• Calories are stored as fat when they aren't needed. If you are depleted, they are needed. This is the part that people miss when they argue that eating processed carbs are soooo bad for you. They are so stuck on what they have been "fed" for so many years about how processed carbs make you fat, lead to diabetes, etc.. That is only the case when your body doesn't have a NEED for those carbs.

There are arguments that all of the food you eat isn't digested, that is correct. I was recently discussing this with Dr Rich not the last time he was in town the time prior. There is a name for it but I forget what it is. Even if all of the food isn't digested or those calories "don't count", the point is that the impact that it has on your metabolism is the main reason to Skipload, the fact that the carbs are used as glycogen is only really a side benefit. In theory, the fuller you are with glycogen, the longer it takes to get depleted again and burn body fat at an efficient rate, anyway.

Skip
      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
      Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: IntenseMuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        Calories are stored as fat when they aren't needed. If you are depleted, they are needed. This is the part that people miss when they argue that eating processed carbs are soooo bad for you. They are so stuck on what they have been "fed" for so many years about how processed carbs make you fat, lead to diabetes, etc.. That is only the case when your body doesn't have a NEED for those carbs.

There are arguments that all of the food you eat isn't digested, that is correct. I was recently discussing this with Dr Rich not the last time he was in town the time prior. There is a name for it but I forget what it is. Even if all of the food isn't digested or those calories "don't count", the point is that the impact that it has on your metabolism is the main reason to Skipload, the fact that the carbs are used as glycogen is only really a side benefit. In theory, the fuller you are with glycogen, the longer it takes to get depleted again and burn body fat at an efficient rate, anyway.

Skip
        You don't change the training to get glycogen depletion to occur more quickly though correct?

I would love to have skiploading work for me, and certainly have lost fat while using it, but it always seems like the fat loss is slower than with traditional carb cycling and I have to bring weekly calories much lower than I otherwise would have results in worse workouts during the week. Some say they are much stronger after refeeds/skiploads/cheat days but this does not seem to be the case for me.

Comment

• All I can say is I've missed my skiploads big time!!

Because I have been having to make a weight class every weekend for the boxing championships I don't feel I have enough experience with the loads yet to get precise information on when I will baseline.

Just not worth the risk and not making the weight. The closest thing I got was about 600g of carbs post fight on Saturday for about 2 hours at night. Cravings in the week have been crazy!! Running the anabolic diet thigh out the week.

The skipload really keeps hunger at bay (leptin?). Might go for a moderate load of 1000g post fight this Sunday as I will be fighting earlier in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post
            You don't change the training to get glycogen depletion to occur more quickly though correct?

I would love to have skiploading work for me, and certainly have lost fat while using it, but it always seems like the fat loss is slower than with traditional carb cycling and I have to bring weekly calories much lower than I otherwise would have results in worse workouts during the week. Some say they are much stronger after refeeds/skiploads/cheat days but this does not seem to be the case for me.
            Then you aren't Skiploading correctly.

You don't need to change the training but the type of training you are doing (high volume, low volume) has to be taken into account for the loads, cals, etc..

Skip
            www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Then you aren't Skiploading correctly.

You don't need to change the training but the type of training you are doing (high volume, low volume) has to be taken into account for the loads, cals, etc..

Skip
              Hm, ok well I imagine you get tired of all of the skipload questions after years and years of probably repeating yourself so I'll try to keep it short. I have watched your longevity DVD and read most stickies on this site. The way I did the skipload was start with 6 hours once per week and adjust from there, eating mainly high GI carbs (waffles, cereals, low fat mac n' cheese or pizza, etc..mostly stuff in the approved thread). So just by that I did lose fat but what I'm saying is to lose say 1lb per week I would have a skipload of maybe 6-8 hours (say 8000 calories, 1000+ grams of carbs for example) and then throughout the week would have to be 1700-2000 calories most days.

With traditional carb cycling I might have a 3-4 low days of 2000 calores/150g carbs, a 1-2 medium of 2500 calories/200-250g carbs and 1-2 high days of 3000-3500 calories/350-400g carbs. Again to lose that 1lb per week but this way my calories end up being much higher 6 of the 7 days per week which always seems to have me less starving and keeping me stronger (it seems like one huge day isn't enough to offset strength loss from being so low the rest of the week).

Skiploading is way more 'fun', but it always seems to hurt end results when I throw them in.

Comment

• I don't get tired of it as much as there are too many variables that I don't know about you because I am not training you.

Example: I have no clue is your metabolism is hot and running as efficiently as possible. I don't know how long you have been dieting, if you are a metabolic wreck, if you started with your cals too high during the week and weren't depleted, if your load was too big, etc..

The list is long.

Working the Skipload yourself can work, that is why I put the information out there for people but that doesn't mean that it works all the time and just because you (who doesn't have experience with the method like I do) can't get it to work, doesn't mean that it doesn't work and doesn't work well.

If traditional carb cycling works for you and is easy for you to figure out and execute, I can understand that. No problem.

Skip
                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post

Skiploading is way more 'fun', but it always seems to hurt end results when I throw them in.
                  Don't do it then.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion#1 View Post
                    Don't do it then.
                    Seems like the simple answer lol but even though I have a good amount of knowledge about dieting and nutrition the fact is that Skip has a thousand times my experience so if someone in his position truly believes that skiploading is the best method for all of his clients (I believe he has said he uses this method for literally all of them) then I'm always open to hear ways to improve how I go about things. If for no other reason than to try things out and learn more.

I rarely if ever see naturals apply such a method when reading some of the natural pros' contest logs. So I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that Skip works with a lot of 'enhanced' competitors.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^ Nope.

I'm just a regular fat guy, and I lost 60# working with Skip using the Skipload method.

The details change, but the philosophy remains.
                      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                        ^^^^^^^ Nope.

I'm just a regular fat guy, and I lost 60# working with Skip using the Skipload method.

Again, it definitely works, including for me. Hell I got down to 130lb when I was starting out a 15 years old (grossly skinny of course) doing a similar method. Thankfully that was 6 years and 70lb ago lol. Just saying personally I have gotten better results with traditional carb cycling. Always looking to experiment and improve things though, maybe one day when I'm out of graduate school I can hire Skip myself to see how everything is handled.

Comment

Calories are stored as fat when they aren't needed. If you are depleted, they are needed. This is the part that people miss when they argue that eating processed carbs are soooo bad for you. They are so stuck on what they have been "fed" for so many years about how processed carbs make you fat, lead to diabetes, etc.. That is only the case when your body doesn't have a NEED for those carbs.

Skip
                          the refined carb thing makes sense. good info.

the "it" in bold is ambiguous to me. what is causing the impact--just the fact that there are sufficient hi GI carbs regulating hormone levels and spiking metabolism regardless of the fact that some aren't digested, or that that there is a presence of undigested carbs ()?

also, any theory on how weight magically disappears overnight and where it goes? ex: skipload or massive carb refeed, go to bed, then wake up 3lb magically lighter.

cant be that much energy/tissue burn or water evaporation right? the only other options are bedwetting and bedturding...

Comment

• I work with more natural competitors than I do enhanced.

The reality is that Skiploading has nothing to do with test levels, at all. That is why it works just as well with men as women and natural as not natural.

Skip
                            Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post
                            Seems like the simple answer lol but even though I have a good amount of knowledge about dieting and nutrition the fact is that Skip has a thousand times my experience so if someone in his position truly believes that skiploading is the best method for all of his clients (I believe he has said he uses this method for literally all of them) then I'm always open to hear ways to improve how I go about things. If for no other reason than to try things out and learn more.

I rarely if ever see naturals apply such a method when reading some of the natural pros' contest logs. So I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that Skip works with a lot of 'enhanced' competitors.
                            www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• What I mean is that all carbs may not be stored as glycogen and pass through the body. I am not sure on that other than to say that there isn't a black and white explanation as to how people can eat such a massive amount of carbs and not gain body fat but they don't.

The weight loss overnight is simply water.

Skip
                              I
                              Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                              the refined carb thing makes sense. good info.

the "it" in bold is ambiguous to me. what is causing the impact--just the fact that there are sufficient hi GI carbs regulating hormone levels and spiking metabolism regardless of the fact that some aren't digested, or that that there is a presence of undigested carbs ()?

also, any theory on how weight magically disappears overnight and where it goes? ex: skipload or massive carb refeed, go to bed, then wake up 3lb magically lighter.

cant be that much energy/tissue burn or water evaporation right? the only other options are bedwetting and bedturding...
                              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                                ^^^^^^^ Nope.

Bingo.

Didn't see this before I posted.

Skip
                                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Working...
                                X