skipload question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    That's what I got from Skip too. There is no exact number or percentages. Just do it and see when you baseline..make adjustments from there
    Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

so if you baseline too early, your next refeed should (probably) be bigger.

but what if you actually keep the weight or if you are even a little heavier on the morning of the following refeed?

Comment

Baseline too early then yes, longer refeed.

EDITED TO REMOVE CRAP :-)
        Last edited by BryanB; 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM.
        Bryan

Comment

I think he meant the next weeks refeed morning. but not sure. This thread is getting way more complicated than it needs to

Comment

hw642, if you are heavier the following week when it would be time for your next refeed, then you obviously took in too much, so you should reduce the time of your refeed I would assume.
            -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
            -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
            198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
            -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
            198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
            -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
            198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Thank you very much for your statements. One is always heavier after a refeed because with 1g of glycogen 3g of water are stored.
              @Doberman:
              You see my point but I was not referring to the 6 hours carb-load-window. There Skip explains that one can add fat to slow down digestion if one is not feeling well.
              What I mean is one whole day (because leptin levels need 12-24 hours to recover).
              May I explain it a bit further:
              Refeed-carbs are often computed in g/lbs of lean body mass, let's say somebody wants to refeed 600g of carbs and follows the mentioned guidelines of 60% carbs, 20% pros and 20% fats it looks like this:

C: 600g x 4.3 = 2,580 cals
              P: 200g x 4.3 = 860 cals
              F: 93 g x 9.2 = 860 cals
              Total: = 4,300 cals

If you take in the same amount of carbs and change the percentage from 60% to 70%, keep protein the same at 20% reduce fats from 20% to 10%. It looks like this:

C: 600g x 4.3 = 2,580 cals
              P: 171g x 4.3 = 737 cals
              F: 40g x 9.2 = 369 cals
              Total: = 3.686 cals

Bottom line: you save more than 600 cals during the refeed without changing the amount of carbs.

I respect that Skip and some of you don't use numbers.
              Regarding bloating may I add something. 60g of carbs per hour can enter the bloodstream. So if you eat much more than 120g of carbs every two hours, you have a good chance to feel bloated.
              Ok, I know...numbers again....
              But how shall one express "keep fat low". 20% isn't high. 10% is lower and saves a lot of calories.
              I keep my question simple:
              Any objections to go that low or lower?
              http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
              BNK573
              To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

there are no objections that I have heard, or read about keeping fat lower. The point it to eat as many carbs as it takes to fill you up, take in some protein, and the only fat should be the trace amounts found in your protein and carbs...
                -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Again, for the skipload don't be concerned with calories. Some diet plans may do that but Skip's way works great without worrying about calories.
                  For my refeeds, the highest fat item is a Poptart. I belive they have 5g fat per serving. Most everything else is 0-3g fat. The more processed the food is the better.
                  It's also easier for me to baseline the lower I keep the fat. Pizza is no good for refeed
                  Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                    I think he meant the next weeks refeed morning. but not sure. This thread is getting way more complicated than it needs to
                    yes, that is correct.

there is another thing that i do not understand:

how do you figure out, how long your refeeds should be while in the offseason?

Comment

im really sorry to butt in, but i believe skip gave us a FREE insight about his "brainchild". i think he clearly explained everything we need to know in the dvd, then its up to us how we will make it work for ourselves.

if you want to play with the numbers game, then by all means go ahead. if you want to go by how skip explained it, then by all means go for it. wana skipload 2x a week, then by all means go for it. nobody will stop you from doing it.

my point is skip has given us so much info for free. armed with all his info might as well experiment with it and give it time so you can see what will work and what will not. so thinking things out is up to our ownselves not by other people. if you're too lazy to take the time and experiment with it then by all means hire the man.

hope i didn't sound like an a**hole with my statements.

vic
                      GOOD FOUNDATION =

"IT IS ONLY IN THE DICTIONARY WILL YOU SEE SUCCESS COME BEFORE WORK!"

Comment

@bbjeff86:
                        Thank you very much, "traces of fat" is a perfect expression.

@BryanB:
                        I was only concerned regarding fat, didn't want to put more than necessary, because those cals are just wa(i)ste in my opinion.

@VIC.MD:
                        You don't sound like an a**hole. I had no intention to play with the numbers game. My question is already answered (except Skip interferes). I just used numbers coz I had no idea how to express what I mean and to explain.
                        Regarding your point, I think it's ok, because referring to the headline:
                        An in depth Q and A discussion about anything related to or anything covered in the Longevity DVD. Ask questions and get answers from Skip here.
                        http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
                        BNK573
                        To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

Originally posted by blackdog1996 View Post
                          As mentioned the numbers came from anabolic diets, I took them as a reference point.
                          Regarding DC one is also dealing with numbers. It's not only high protein intake f.e. but 1.8g-2g /lbs f.e.
                          but if you don't want or like to clarify or comment on this:

it's ok with me.
                          By clarifying your number, I feel as if I am condoning tracking the carbs with numbers.

You are referring to DC and some Anabolic diet .... but ... my methods have nothing to do with that. I think we are having that communication problem again. lol

Skip
                          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                          Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by mercury88 View Post
                            Theres no reason to clarify, its not really meant to be complicated.

Get in as many carbs as you possibly can while keeping fat as low as you possibly can. Its as simple as that, its not meant to be rocket science.
                            EXACTLY. Where these things run into problems is when people can't understand something if it isn't laid out in black and white.

Skip
                            www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by blackdog1996 View Post
                              Oh, really....
                              Then take a guy of 220 lbs lean body mass, fill his glycogen storages completely and give the same amount of carbs to a guy of 160 lbs lbm-and guess what happens...
                              If you consider people like Mauro Di Pasquale or Lyle Mc Donald as rocket scientists, may you do so.
                              My question was not complicated and can even be answered with yes or no:
                              Your question may not be "complicated" as much as you struggle to explain yourself clearly or ask a clear question. Earlier you were referring to numbers and until you told me what the hell those numbers were, I had no clue. If you use a term like "refeed" in a forum that is only about discussion of my methods, how in the hell am I supposed to know that you were referring to another diet that I know nothing about?

You are still asking for clarification on something that I honestly don't know what the hell you are asking about.

If you are asking how a man at 220 knows how much to eat vs. a man that is 160 ... you GO BY HUNGER. It isn't a number. A LOT of times I have figure women that will out eat bigger bodybuilders on refeed days. It isn't all about filling glycogen stores. The metabolic affect from ingesting a lot of carbs on these refeed days has NOTHING to do with the amount of glycogen stored (at least not directly).

Again, you are trying to force this into a black and white issue of "when your glycogen stores are full, you gain nothing more from more carbs" and that is NOT correct.

If other names that you mention make things complicated, good for them. This isn't a discussion about them or their methods. It is a discussion about my methods and I have tried to answer your questions many times now and you simply don't like the answer because it doesn't have a number - as if I am being the one that is difficult.

Sometimes, when you argue with the teacher, you miss things that if you just listened would make so much more sense.

Skip
                              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Sound about right? lol You just backed up the fact that I CLEARLY explained this and hundreds of people got it but because it doesn't have a black and white number, it isn't understood by people that feel that the world needs to be black and white to work.

Skip
                                Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                                I see your point, and I'm going out on a limb from what I got from the DVD. The reason you are having a problem with the idea behind this is that it doesn't sound specific to the individual, but it is. From what I got:

You start out with a 6 hour span of time to do your Skip load. You want to fill yourself up, but not to the point of being stuffed or sick. This may end up being roughly 3 meals. After that go back to your normal diet. From that you will be able to gauge if you need to add to your Skip load. In the video he explains that you will be above baseline after the Skip load, but will eventually go below your low from the week before. If this happens too early you may need to add your Skip load.

The point is numbers are useless to start out because it depends on the individual and the type of diet they are doing. The best way to find out where to go from there is to gauge how the baseline effects you. So you start out with the baseline of how he describes the Skip load and go from there. If this sounds like you may need assistance, you may and that's why Skip gets paid the "Big Bucks".

And the whole "What percentage my macros be" is moot if you go by what he said on the DVD. You also may want to look at the SKip Load approved foods. That may help you with food choices.

Does that sound about right Skip? I'm not trying to interject, but I think I understand where he was coming from.
                                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Working...
                                X