skipload question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertgoulet View Post
    i have been skiploading for two weeks, and love my sundays (except for the major sleepiness), but i have question for all of you that skipload or have in the past. do you look like crap and feel pretty lethargic the next day? i mean when i've carb cycled before, i noticed that i feel awesome on my high days, but for some reason my monday i don't feel that way until i start and after my workout. am i doing something wrong?
    Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    you are eating more carbs than your body can handle
    Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    too much insulin dump. how big are you and what carbs are you using and in what amounts?
    Rocky, seeing as how this is a thread labeled "skipload question" and Mr. Goulet is asking a question on skiploading, are you sure you should be/are qualified to be answering his questions?
    2010 NPC North Star- DNP

Comment

• maybe not, you re right. just trying to help
      2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
      2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
        maybe not, you re right. just trying to help
        Understandable, I'm sure you had good intentions.
        2010 NPC North Star- DNP

Comment

• You are going to have the sleepy feeling due to the insulin response, yes, but this is a good thing. We WANT this response and it is normal to have that lethargic "want to sleep" feeling.

Your refeed isn't measured by how you feel but how your weight responds and when you baseline.

Skip
          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
          Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: IntenseMuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• awesome, thanks skip! one last question, should i fight the tiredness or just succomb to the carb coma?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertgoulet View Post
              awesome, thanks skip! one last question, should i fight the tiredness or just succomb to the carb coma?
              What benefit would keeping yourself awake have?
              2010 NPC North Star- DNP

Comment

• well doesn't sleeping slow your metabolism down, and the point of this is to have it speed up?

Comment

• would my gf benefit from skiploading with me on the weekend? she is dieting but doesnt weight train.

Comment

• good ? looking forward to the answer

Comment

• If your body wants sleep, take it. Sleep equals growth.

Your girl could probably benefit but I don't know enough about her situation to say how to set it up.

Skip
                      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                      Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• 1. For those mentioning skiploading in the offseason, on a related note this past offseason I was having a full cheat day once a week (8-10,000 calories, anything I wanted) and 1000 calories the next day. My body puts on fat very easily but this and my training allowed me to have the best results I've had in awhile

2. Some have said we want to get in as many carbs as possible, but is this really the case? If so we'd be drinking many of the carbs. I'm sure I could carry out a skipload just fine but the way some people describe it is a little weird. We minimize fat/low GI/fiber to get in more carbs, but don't have liquid carbs because they'd be too much and we wouldn't stop when we should. So basically go by hunger but only with actual foods and high GI right? Just not sure why people say we want to get in as many as possible, that doesn't seem to be what skip is necessarily saying.

3. I follow an IF style of eating and love it so I would probably just stop eating after the skipload, but for those of you who eat all day, after say 6-8 hours of skiploading starting in the morning do you stop eating the rest of the day or go back to your regular meals a certain number of hours after the end of the skipload?

Comment

• This:go back to your regular meals a certain number of hours after the end of the skipload?
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

• Question:

To Pumped, have you watched the DVD? I cant recall if you had mentioned if you watched it, im wondering cause some of this stuff is covered so im wondering if you simply haven't been made aware or if you have and are from there exploring other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post

3. I follow an IF style of eating and love it so I would probably just stop eating after the skipload, but for those of you who eat all day, after say 6-8 hours of skiploading starting in the morning do you stop eating the rest of the day or go back to your regular meals a certain number of hours after the end of the skipload?
                              Definitely don't stop eating after the skipload. After your last carb meal just wait your usual time between meals and go back to your normal diet
                              Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

• Originally posted by zalex999 View Post
                                Question:

To Pumped, have you watched the DVD? I cant recall if you had mentioned if you watched it, im wondering cause some of this stuff is covered so im wondering if you simply haven't been made aware or if you have and are from there exploring other options.
                                Yea I watched it, very informative, maybe I just forgot some of what was mentioned lol.

Obviously not to take away anything from skiploading but I thought I'd mention that cheat day idea in the off season because 1) you get any food you want and 2) its all day 3) third day you don't eat much which is convenient. Just saying

Comment

Working...
                                X